* Accessing Config after dSupportSuite is installed on a client’s system: hold down SHIFT while launching the app normally.
Remember: You cannot remotely modify the configuration, add/disable features, or uninstall the app without having dSupportSuite being initially configured to check for configuration updates from your FTP server. Be sure to visit the Scheduling section to configure the frequency to your specification!
Click on a link below to visit the help for that section of Config:
- Email Button Config
- Remote Button
- Maintenance Button
- Fix Button
- Custom Buttons
- System Restore
- Custom Apps
- Notifications: SMTP / Email Defaults
- Notifications: Heartbeat
- Notifications: Event Log Rules / Exclusions
- Installer / Password / Reports (Misc)
Application Path Variables
In Custom Apps configurations where application paths and command line parameters are defined, dSupportSuite supports certain variables you may use in these fields. Many of them are standard Windows environment variables, such as:
- %systemdrive% and %homedrive%
- %systemroot% and %windir%
- %programfiles% and %programfiles(x86)%
- %commonprogramfiles% and %commonprogramfiles(x86)%
- %userprofile% and %allusersprofile%
- %appdata% %localappdata% and %programdata%
And then there are these special variables:
- %reportdir% – expands to the current directory where dSupportSuite reports are being stored.
- %dssapppath% – expands to the current directory where dSupportSuite is installed.
- %apppath% – expands to the current path of the custom application.
Throughout dSupportSuite where you may show a URL to the customer for various reasons, you have the option of using the URL variables defined below. Using the variable in the URL string will ensure it gets replaced with the appropriate client information at the time it is launched. This can enable you to personalize the client’s experience on your website.
These variables are:
- [ClientID] – dCloud Client Identifier
- [ComputerName] – %computername%
- [UserName] – %username%
- [InternalIP] – LAN IP
- [ExternalIP] – WAN IP