- Prevent the command from execution (Preserving your Shadow Copies)
- Terminate the application that initiated the command (This would be the potential ransomware.)
ShadowGuard works by attaching itself as a debugger to certain processes, filtering out destructive commands before the process is even created. ShadowGuard can currently attach to:
ShadowGuard also maintains an allowed programs list which will prevent those programs from being terminated by ShadowGuard. This is extremely useful for some backup applications which may use vssadmin.exe in order to manage volume shadow copies.
- Windows 10. Although officially unsupported, it will work on older versions of Windows back to Windows XP.
- ShadowGuard is also compatible for use with either CryptoPrevent or Lockdown.
How to use it:
- Download/Install/Run the program.
- Put a check in the box for each file you wish to guard to enable that feature. Remove the check to disable.
- Close the program, it does not need to be running to operate.
If you need to script this, then you need a version we’ve yet to release, but it will be a paid app. Contact us to express your interest, and that might speed things up a bit.
ShadowGuard is free for all personal and commercial usage. See included EULA for more details.
- Software advertised as “free” on this website is intended as free for personal as well as commercial usage, unless otherwise specified on the product page itself (where it would typically involve some extended functionality labeled as a ‘premium’ feature, or possibly where commercial functionality or support is desired.)
- All free software on this website is distributed “as-is” with no warranty or guarantee of any kind; this includes product support as well as any compensation monetary or otherwise for any damages resulting from the use or misuse of this software.
- See the inserted EULA.txt or product Info.txt file within the product download for the full end user license agreement.
We’re glad you wish to make a donation to our team, and even more so that whatever we’ve done for you was worth it!
Thank you for supporting our team, from the entire crew at d7xTech, Inc!
($5 minimum - do not use a $ in the price field!)
Interested in Anti-Malware?
CryptoPrevent Anti-Malware is a robust anti-virus/anti-malware software supplement, filling a huge gap that exists with traditional security solutions to provide protection against a growing multitude of new and emerging ransomware and other malicious software threats.
New Release: dSupportSuite and dSS Mgmt Console v18.104.22.168 with ShadowGuard! dSupportSuite, our White-Label Automated Maintenance app / Business Card with...