d7 for PC Technicians was discontinued in February 2014…
d7x is now available; released as an update for all d7II subscribers as part of their current subscription. Read the history at the bottom of the d7x Release Information (and see what we’re doing now!) The d7x Release Notes can also be found in the d7x Manual.
It’s time to get current with our 3rd generation d7x! Purchase d7x today!
This page documents the revision notes of the original d7 only; you can also find the d7II Revision History here.
d7 Revision History
v10.4.35 – Final version of the d7 product.
- Added routines to support new MBAM v2 config.
- Updated MBAM download links for v1.75
- Fixed a new issue where Firefox wouldn’t display certain websites properly after deleting temp files with d7.
- Modified delete temp files routines for Firefox and Chrome, I think they were overly aggressive as it appears these functions may have been causing an issue with the browsers not displaying web content properly for a while after deletion was performed.
- Fixed an issue running the external KillEmAll from inside d7.
- d7 should no longer try to re/set a password on the AutoLogon prompt when it is a Windows 8 MS user account.
- Updated d7 to recognize and work with the new KillEmAll.pif (renamed from .scr to .pif to slip past more malware.)
- Changed some hard coded server paths to point to new locations for updates, WAN IP check, and other misc. functions.
- Fixed a few issues with the email system.
- Bug fix: d7 wasn’t recognizing newer subscription based product keys when changing your Registered Name within d7 Config.
- Misc fixes.
- Moved StartupKill definitions from Config to ModulesDefs folder so they will merge with dCloud Definitions instead of being overwritten on a config update.
- Updated hard coded dCloud SMTP password.
- Fixed issue with client name for reports not saving/loading properly.
- Resolved an issue with sending screen shots in email submissions (feedback or bug submissions.)
- Attempt to resolve an issue where external IP address (and therefore internet connectivity) cannot be determined by d7 when it cannot write to its own directory.
- Fix: If license check fails due to a problem with the Microsoft Scripting Runtime on certain systems (where automatically registering the scrrun.dll file via regsvr32 doesn’t fix the issue,) d7 will now allow a temporary reset on the license check provided the previous check did not yield a bad product key (which it may do if you were affected by this bug previously, so I have details on a workaround I will communicate to you should you experience this issue.)
- Resolved d7 Premium users without dCloud not being able to automatically download the latest d7.
- Added debugging code in some areas to help track down a few issues.
- Attempt to fix some copies of d7 incorrectly stating they are no longer licensed.
- Fixed an issue with d7 slow starting or not starting up behind a Sonicwall appliance.
- Added Auto Update option for d7 startup (if startup check for d7 updates determines an update is available d7 will automatically update without user interaction.)
- dCloud definition merge should only occur when appropriate during Malware Auto Mode and Full Auto Modes.
- The autologin prompt should no longer occur multiple times during Full Auto Mode if you cancel the prompt.
- New Delete Session Information checkbox on the Shutdown Options dialog. This deletes d7 registry values related to its behavior on that particular PC. More information to come.
- Misc minor stuff and code cleanup.
- Fixed bug d7 not emailing reports when the Zipped option is checked on the shutdown dialog (Close Options).
- Fixed d7 not remembering selected drive / user profile path after restarting d7 with system access when prompted at the beginning of a DataRestore operation.
- Resolved d7 not mapping network drives with credentials (you must remove/reconfigure network drives that do not map.)
- Rearranged the d7 top menus (namely the Windows menu) organizing shortcuts and adding some here and there.
- Added ability to Map Pre-Defined Network Drives automatically on startup and remove them on shutdown (d7 Config > Custom Functions) and manually in the Network menu at the top of d7.
- Added a tiny reg tweak to the Windows Update Svcs repair on the Repair page.
- Hopefully solved an occasional issue with MalwareScan definition merge error during Malware Auto Mode (note the error was harmless, but it held up automation.)
- Misc. minor stuff.
- Added ability when emailing reports to use either the Info_Report.html or the ActivityLog.html as the email body!
- Enabled more options with the Email Reports feature of the Shutdown dialog (Close with Options)
- Shutdown dialog (Close with Options) now remembers when you have a launch password set for d7 startup.
- Fixed a very recent bug with the email subject not being displayed when emailing from within d7.
- Added ticket number (if defined) to default subject when emailing reports for easy identification.
- Added the word ‘d7’ to default subject when emailing reports, for ease of use with RepairShopr integration.
- Misc minor adjustments and improvements.
- Fix for Maintenance and Q&A/Testing not remaining checked if a reboot occurred during Malware removal in Full Auto Mode.
- Enabled %name% (customer name) %number% (ticket number) and %date% variables in email subject/body for emailing reports or for other reasons.
- Custom Apps can now be configured with an * before the app path/executable name which will search the entire 3rd Party Tools dir and all subdirs for the executable in order to launch it. Ex: *app.exe
- Copy Now button on Custom Apps config page for the reports should actually work (the function worked previously, just not the config page button itself.)
- Fixed issue with uploading zipped reports to FTP where the current report was uploaded twice (when using PCRT.)
- d7 now remembers the %computername% (and subsequently the Windows activation status check and ticket number prompt) when switching configs in dCloud.
- Misc minor stuff.
- Added ticket/work order number to the Info Report / Activity Log / etc.
- Email reports from the shutdown options dialog now optionally zips reports instead of always zipping them, so you can receive reports unzipped if desired.
- Complete re-write of FTP/dCloud upload code – no longer utilizes a progress bar, but should now work on Windows 8.1 without error and resolve other misc. corruption issues during upload.
- Added custom app support for command line parameters when the custom app executable is an MSI package.
- Added 7zip extraction support to custom apps system to support the new Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit distribution method and custom apps profile.
- Fixed a custom apps issue where d7 was not extracting zip files when downloading from FTP.
- Updated d7’s Remove Policies function to remove software restriction policies (except those created by my other app, CryptoPrevent.)
- FIXED: d7 should no longer upload the same zipped report twice to PCRT via the Move Reports to FTP function.
- d7 now checks for internet access before moving reports to FTP (so if internet check and upload fails reports will not be deleted.)
- d7 will no longer display balloon tip popups from the system tray if the message is simply “Idle…”
- Full Auto Mode (and several individual Auto Modes) can now be cancelled.
- d7’s scheduled self-update redesigned to work with new download locations.
- d7 can now differentiate between Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Added capability to unrar custom app downloads.
- Fixed: Saved activity log verbiage in custom apps will no longer get overwritten on a default apps update.
- Fixed: Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware logs should now be copied to the d7ReportsMalware Logs directory properly.
- In the Windows User Auto Logon prompt, typing a password in the field is now hidden behind a * mask.
- The Close and Delete the d7 directory option should now run it’s cleanup batch file invisible to the user.
- If the Close and Delete the d7 directory option fails to delete the d7 directory (due to an open file handle) it will attempt to close and restart explorer.exe to remove the open file handle and retry deletion.
- Create Full SFX option in the d7 Main menu now properly includes *.OCX files.
- The IFEO Modifier Offline checkbox state on the Offline Operations page is now properly saved/loaded with your offline profile.
- Added Set Browser Homepage option to the Customize/Install page – sets browser homepage for IE/Firefox/Chrome in all profiles for all user accounts. (Does not set FF/Chrome homepage if one has not been set previously!)
- Added ‘DISM RestoreHealth’ option to Repair page for Windows 8+ which is like SFC on crack; if option is checked in Auto Mode and the OS is not Windows 8, it will be skipped. Runs command: dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- A bit of under the hood work.
- Fixed the F8 Startup Menu defaulting to Merge Defs inappropriately.
- Fixed minor annoyance with ‘d7 does not accept the command line parameter: delcloudlauncher’ when using the dCloudLauncher SFX.
- When starting Full or Malware Auto Mode if d7 believes Windows is not set to automatically login a user account it will give you the Windows User Auto Logon prompt so you can specify a user to login automatically, so as not to impede Auto Mode progress.
- Added an optional d7 startup setting (d7 Config > Behavior > Startup Behavior) to prompt to set Windows User Auto Logon for a user account when d7 first runs on a new PC AND the Auto Logon is determined to be disabled.
- Improved prediction of Windows User Auto Logon options fields to be pre-populated with the appropriate data.
- Added checkbox option to d7’s shutdown dialog (Close Options button in the main UI) to disable the Windows User Auto Logon setting.
- Resolved download issues with the v.29 build
- The custom files for d7’s lock screen are now stored inside the d7Config dir so they are stored with dCloud configurations.
- d7 no longer overwrites the d7ConfigActionLanguage.ini file upon update. (It will one last time with this update, but no more after that.)
- Added additional illegal character filters for certain input boxes, such as the Client Name / Ticket Number prompt for reports setup.
- Custom Apps on Audit/Diag page can now be saved/loaded with that page’s profile for Auto Mode.
- Custom Apps on Audit/Diag page can now be checked/included in Auto Mode.
- Added Battery field to System Info page – displays either “No Battery Installed”, “On A/C Power”, or “On Battery Power!”
- Added pingtest.net to Testing/QA
- Updated link to test Silverlight on Testing/QA.
- d7 relies on two OCX files that must be registered via regsvr32.exe if not already registered on the system (Codejock.Controls.v15.3.1.ocx and LaVolpeAlphaImg2.ocx.) Previously these files were always registered on d7 startup and unregistered on d7 shutdown. New behavior is that d7 implements a check to determine if the OCX file is already registered before continuing, and aborts if it is (and it only unregisters on shutdown now if it registered on startup.) The result is that now running d7 on a system where other programs may rely on these specific OCX files will no longer break functionality in those other programs.
- When running d7 from a network share (not recommended!) d7 offers the option to copy itself to the desktop – now it also offers the option to copy d7 only (without 3rd Party Tools.)
- When using the Copy d7 to Desktop functionality from the Offline Operations page, you now have the option to copy d7 only (without 3rd Party Tools.)
- Qualy’s Browsercheck now goes directly to the scan page, not the plugin install page.
- New startup detection for issues with system drivers in the Non-Plug and Play section of Device Manager, shares the same alert with the standard Device Manager issues detection.
- Device Manager issues pop-up now shares new info about Non-PnP System drivers when issues detected; including details such as file path, which you won’t find in Device Manager itself!
- Device Manager issues (and now Non-PnP system drivers) pop-up now launches when clicking the alert even if no errors are detected.
- MSConfig display on System Info page corrected – formerly displayed Normal Startup when system was actually in Selective with only Services or Boot.ini options deselected.
- Fix for dCloud button not working with last release.
- CheckDisk (Offline Ops page) loads again!
- During d7 startup with Debug View enabled, d7 should no longer launch Sysinternals DebugView if it is already running.
- Minor under the hood changes.
- Fixed an issue in the custom apps system where installer based apps were not launching after install unless the custom app was run a second time.
- Fixed an issue with Move Reports to FTP (when NOT configured to zip reports) which should mirror your Reports dir exactly, but was mistakenly uploading different client reports all to the same dir.
- Implemented ‘Non-Direct URLs’ option for custom apps, giving it the ability to download files from URLs that send a text file with a redirected URL enclosed.
- Separated config upload to dCloud and Merge Defs with dCloud options on the shutdown options dialog (Close with Options button)
- The screen resolution prompt should never occur now when d7 is in Malware or Full Auto Mode.
- Reformatted the heading of the Info_Report.html file to center the logo and place the details of the report type/date/etc. centered underneath the logo.
- Misc under the hood stuff, removed unused code, some restructuring of code.
- Fix for d7 failing to create system restore points intermittently on Vista+
- Added the local system profile to Delete Temp/Internet files routines for Vista+.
- Disabled the removal of a reg key before re-importing it as part of a networking fix during Reset Networking Interfaces function, due to potential for failure in reimporting the entries.
- Fix for login denied error when attempting to download/merge defs from dCloud on startup.
- Cut the audible alert in half when running certain custom apps in Auto Mode.
- d7 should now act properly when running Combofix. Previously the d7 Service wasn’t getting started in order to wait for Combofix.
- d7 now detects when it is installed or running as a system service (and has failed somehow) and can correct issues with that on prompt.
- Separated ability to download dCloud definitions (overwrite or merge) on the Startup Options menu.
- Fixed ‘Start w/dCloud Config’ on Startup Options menu to actually download the current config properly.
- Hopefully improved d7’s ability to start itself as a system service before shutting down when running Combofix on XP (possibly other OSes, or other Custom Apps.)
- d7 should now properly wait on SFC to finish when in Auto Mode.
- Minor fix: d7 has removed restrictive policy settings prompt was occurring when the registry values that could have been hijacked didn’t exist in the first place.
- d7 now imports .reg files for various fixes by default under the local system account, solving some issues with certain areas not importing properly.
- Added disable ‘Help Stickers’ in Win 8.1 to Tweaks.
- Added some new registry settings to remove with the Remove Policies function.
- Added a criticial directory to a list of dirs which are created if they do not exist while starting d7, which can affect several functions.
- Fixed a bug where dUninstaller definition files were not getting created if the d7ModulesDefs directory did not already exist.
- Restored MBAM’s ability to backup/restore MBAM definitions depending on a successful update question following MBAM’s update process.
- Added ability to open Notes window at every d7 startup (checkbox to enable is in the Notes window.)
- Added upload only and download only options (which overwrite the defs) to definitions section of dCloud, in addition to the existing Merge feature.
- Added detail on installed RAM modules when clicking on RAM in the top window or the RAM alert. You can still launch CrucialScan.exe via this dialog if desired.
- Added detail on installed RAM modules in Info_Report (slot: speed / mfgr / part number)
- Added dCloud definition merge to Malware Auto Mode options. Optional Download Only (overwrite local defs) or Full Merge (merge and upload) prior to starting Auto Mode; a Full Merge will always occur after running MalwareScan.
- Added new right-click option for custom apps: Run Naked (without Parameters) will run the app without command line parameters, which are typically used for automation and log file specification.
- Added deletion of leftover Windows upgrade/install folders to Maintenance > Delete $NTUninst function.
- Added Move Reports to FTP option after Generate Reports on the Audit/Diag page.
- Added AFD service and Legacy AFD driver repair to Reset Networking Interfaces function (Repair page)
- Added dCloud Self-Hosted option to Config > dCloud / FTP Server settings. Currently only enables dSupportSuite functionality for dCSH users.
- Clicking the Windows Activation alert on the System Info page (first item in the alert column) now launches ‘ReAct’
- Fixed an issue with KillEmAll (internal) terminating 32bit svchost.exe on 64bit systems (this caused loss of network connectivity on certain systems.)
- KillEmAll should now no longer invoke the interactive services detection prompt in Vista+
- KillEmAll now no longer incorrectly waits for you to close the window during Malware auto mode after a reboot has interrupted auto mode. It still correctly waits for you to terminate the window only the very first time it runs as part of Auto Mode.
- KillEmAll Whitelists is now separated from d7 config storage and included with the definitions merge functions (along with dUninstaller and MalwareScan defs.)
- VT uploader install/uninstall process to grab the portable uploader executable is now silent/automatic when the upload to virus total functions are invoked.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware functions no longer makes copies of updated definition files or attempts to install them.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware function now always registers supplemental files prior to executing (previously this only occurred after an installation.)
- Malwarebytes Free (when detected) now displays the current definitions date in the update prompt when displayed.
- Malwarebytes Pro (when detected) should no longer prompt to update prior to scan (will always attempt silent update when internet access is detected.)
- Malwarebytes Pro (when detected) should now scan/remove items/terminate properly as a fully automated app.
- dUninstaller (UI) now allows for reordering items in the definition files.
- dUninstaller (Auto) now uninstalls items in the order they appear in the definitions.
- dUninstaller (UI) now has options to edit definition entries.
- dUninstaller now uninstalls based on partial strings (not case sensitive) in the definitions. Ex. the definition entry ‘my pc backup’ will flag/uninstall everything with that phrase in it, including ‘My PC Backup 2013’
- Improved function to automatically send keystrokes to open Device Manager, and View Hidden Devices when running Computer Management from within d7. (Function still repairs missing nonPNP category first and performs set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1)
- Made tweaks to restarting explorer.exe after disabling UAC – hopefully Explorer should now more reliably restart as the shell and not just a file manager window.
- Checked list items now stay checked when reordering the items in a list.
- Fixed Orphan Program Files finder on maintenance page to properly scan “Program Files” (without the (x86)) on 64bit systems.
- Fix for issues in running d7 with a different file extension (ex. d7.com or d7.scr)
- Fix for d7 failing to retrieve the path it is running from in certain remote environments.
- Finally enabled the 1024×768+ larger interface for d7 Free users.
- Added some error checking to the d7 Locksmith function on Vista+ to ensure the executable is copied to the offline system32 directory.
- Added more debugging code here and there for troubleshooting specific issues.
- Disabled MS Office Product Key retrieval (internal only, not Nirsoft) due to several issues; I would rather not report the info if it could potentially be incorrect.
- Removed some unused code.
- Misc under the hood stuff.
- Fixed missing 7zip / bad download link during first-time Ketarin setup.
- Reboot on Finish (Malware page) now properly saves/loads with your malware profiles.
- Added “Always On” options to Malware Auto Mode. Kill Explorer behavior is not new, but KillEmAll behavior is. When checked, KillEmAll will run the first time as normal, waiting for you to exit; however it will stay checked and run again after each subsequent function or custom app, automatically closing when finished before running the next function or custom app.
- Rearranged Maintenance page so all automated functions fire first, then Custom Apps (you should arrange automated ones first) and finally the non-automated functions last.
- Added MS Office Config Analyzer to Repair page.
- Added new logo option for dCloud & FTP splash screen/progress bar (BMP only.) Config > Register / Personalize
- Added Import button for your Report Logo in Config > Register / Personalize
- Added Google option to dUninstall (formerly Auto Uninstall) for quick research of items.
- Tons of custom apps profiles updated (update your Default Profiles!) See revision history/changes here: http://www.foolishtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=358
- Copy/Move Log files & Save Config After options in custom apps now works with “wait in service mode” option (actions will be performed after reboot.)
- New Custom Apps options (wait for secondary processes to terminate and display prompt IF app terminates before xx seconds) all required for the Default Apps v38 release.
- Activity log entries for custom apps now written before running the app (great in the case of an app that d7 doesn’t get to finish its execution, e.g. Wait in Service Mode apps + Combofix)
- Misc minor stuff, mostly other small modifications to the custom apps system.
- Separated update information for dCloud/non-dCloud users.
- Fixed failure to report updates properly in v9.7.22 under certain circumstances.
- Run CleanMgr on Maintenance tab will now config CleanMgr to skip “Windows Upgrade Log Files” on Win8 systems which seems to take ages to complete for little benefit.
- d7 now includes Auto Uninstall defs in the dCloud definitions storage and merge features, separating it from the standard config storage. (REQUIRES MalwareScan v5.0.30+)
- Changed internal dCloud SMTP settings to be consistent with a new server.
- Added ability to use non-standard ports following the FTP server in config, e.g. “my.server.com:2112”
- Move Reports to FTP, when the ZIP reports option is checked in Config, will now upload multiple reports directories as separate zip files. Useful to negate the need for uploading after a job is complete (so you can wait and do multiple uploads at once) for example when uploading reports to PCRT. NOTE: subsequent reports uploads after the current reports dir will be named as the directory structure is named, whether that is compatible with PCRT or not.
- Added custom function/script option (Config > Custom Functions) for d7’s Close & Delete procedure.
- Fixed a long-standing issue with not bypassing temp internet cache to download files – affecting update information among other things.
- Repair page: Brought back the MS FixIT for Winsock and Windows Update that I removed at some point for some reason I have no clue.
- d7 now properly waits in Service Mode when Randomize Filename is also checked (Custom Apps config)
- Internal unzip routines now handled by 7zip (by default, when available.)
- Custom Apps can now have a secondary download URL specified to attempt if the primary download fails. (Currently no default apps have this field configured.)
- Added ability to disable the Screen Resolution prompt at res < 1024×768 – useful for Auto Mode (Malware) restarting in Safe Mode without the prompt, stalling automation. Enable in Config > Behavior > General Behavior section.
- d7 now downloads missing dependencies in the form of a ZIP file. When using the old 7zip SFX this was creating occasional issues with the SFX not extracting to the proper directory when using dCloudLauncher/SFX.
- Misc. little stuff…
- Accidentally moved ‘down’ the Audit/Diagnose and Offline pages in the 9.7.41 release cutting off some of the display, fixed.
- Fixed dCloud window from last version also being cut off.
- Fixed KillEmAll on Maintenance page not unchecking itself after running.
- Retired FindQs.cmd from Pre-MalwareScan – just haven’t seen the usefulness in ages.
- Rearranged Offline Operations Malware Auto Mode
- Fixed Offline Auto Mode not stopping when clicking the Stop Auto Mode
- Misc. code tweaks
- TechNotes are now added to the Activity Log prior to using the FTP menu > Move Reports to FTP function.
- Auto Uninstall now removes definition based entries based on NAME instead of IDENTIFIER (as I discovered the identifier can vary greatly when the same product is installed on different systems.)
- Fixed some issues with bad detection (or even d7 hanging) when checking for directory existence in with long path names.
- Added KillEmAll to start of Maintenance routine.
- Added ability to put/keep Windows in Safe Mode w/Networking during Malware Auto Mode (useful to keep Custom Apps from rebooting back into Normal Mode prior to finishing Auto Mode.)
- Fixed a few items on the Malware page not keeping settings if Windows was rebooted in the middle of Auto Mode.
- Auto Uninstall: Added /I detection and replacement in the MSIEXEC uninstall strings with /X (previously if /I was located in the string it REINSTALLED the product instead of UNINSTALLED.)
- Fixed a bug causing Delete Temp Files functions to be skipped during Maintenance Auto Mode.
- MalwareScan v5 is no longer pre-release, and v4 is no longer distributed with d7.
- d7 now notifies you of the downloaded dCloudLauncher version prior to creating dCL_SFX.
- Auto Uninstall now creates an IFEO for popular web browsers to prevent them from opening during uninstall, hindering automation.
- Auto Uninstall now attempts to apply silent installation parameters (when it doesn’t find the quietuninstallstring) no matter what the installer is (previously it only did this with MSI based installers.)
- You can now invoke the # / Client Name prompt (to change info for reporting purposes) from the Offline page for convenience.
- d7 now opens the app website (if configured in that custom app) if the download fails.
- Pressing F9 with the main d7 window in focus will now upload d7 reports to FTP.
- d7 should no longer prompt for client name / id when running on a defined “Tech PC” in d7 config.
- Misc. minor tweaks and fixes.
- Auto Uninstall now temporarily creates an IFEO to prevent popular web browsers from launching as part of the uninstall process, useful to continue automation in that event.
- Update mechanisms have been updated. Also updates are once again disabled for d7 Free versions.
- The Import buttons for your logos in Config were switched, fixed.
- Two things even more minor than that were adjusted – I don’t really recall what they were now.
- Fixed screen resolution change popup when d7 starts in low res scenarios to actually be in center screen instead of being cut off on the top left.
- Added Import buttons to import your logos into d7’s Config dir and name them properly (Config > Register / Personalize)
- d7 now filters invalid characters in the Client Name prompt which could cause issue when uploading reports to PCRT.
- Fixed reports not being sent with the email on d7 shutdown when either one of the Move Reports… options are also checked.
- PC Repair Tracker users: Support for uploading d7 reports to PCRT v1.37 Final (or higher) has been added! See www.d7xtech.com/d7/online-manual/pcrt-config/ for details!
- Added option to zip reports prior to moving them to your FTP storage.
- Fixed: Moving reports to FTP when not shutting down d7 did not recreate the directory structure causing subsequent reports to fail to be generated or restored.
- DataGrab will now search for Quickbooks data files in the root of the drive (along with documents, which it already did) whether the partition search feature is selected or not.
- DataGrab should no longer backup the desktop.ini files when using ROBOCOPY.
- Fixed: DataRestore not restoring certain files.
- DataGrab should now exclude junctions when using ROBOCOPY.
- Added new %date% variable for usage in custom apps command line parameters – useful for dating the logs created so multiple scans on the same system don’t overwrite each other in d7’s reports directory.
- Added time/date stamp via new %date% variable to some log files generated by a few custom apps (in new default apps profiles, such as HitmanPro, TDSSKiller, Emsisoft)
- Added automatic renaming with a time/date stamp to the filename of custom apps reports, when the move reports option is configured for a single file (no wildcards)
- TDSSKiller should now run auto/silent (updated default apps profile)
- New reports storage format allowing for any combination of variables to be set in any order.
- New reports storage variable %number% which represents a ticket/asset # that you enter along with client name if that prompt is configured under Config > Reports
- d7 no longer alerts when Windows Defender is disabled/outdated (or reports it as an A/V) when another A/V is installed on Windows 8, though it may still be reported as Anti-Spyware.
- Misc little stuff.
- New little goodie for Premium users: d7 now saves screen shots to JPEG instead of BMP, reducing average file sizes by almost 1/6th, therefore making storage / FTP / email transfer times significantly faster. d7 Free still utilizes BMP format.
- Added automatic Windows activation attempt after restoring a backed up product key if not already activated from ABR in DataRestore.
- Fixed DataRestore not creating root folders when copying data since switching to ROBOCOPY.
- d7 once again actually checks for updates when you first click on the ‘Updates’ link in the left column of d7’s UI.
- Added /FullAuto command line parameter for d7.exe – this will automatically start d7 in Full Auto Mode, however it will be run with default startup profiles/config for all tabs, there is currently no way to assign specific profiles to this function.
- Fixed an issue with Auto Uninstall not properly adding MSIEXEC based uninstalls to the definitions file, and tweaked code related to uninstalling MSIEXEC based installers.
- Somehow the Auto Uninstall window got cut off a bit on the right side in the last release. Slip of the mouse? Fixed…
- Removed automatic calculation of directory sizes for backup items in DataGrab – added a button for it – reducing the time it takes to init DG on a new partition.
- Fixed DataGrab creating directories in the backup that don’t actually exist in the source (e.g. Vista+ user folders from an XP partition) – which was creating havok with DataRestore.
- Fixed paging file size display not rounding up with numbers extending beyond 2 decimal places; also fixed % of paging file utilized to display “0%” (rounded) instead of merely “%” when ~0 percent is actually used.
- Fixed screen resolution change prompt not showing when res is < 1024×768.
- Modified DataGrab/Restore/Migrate to use XCOPY (XP) and ROBOCOPY (Vista+) instead of Unstoppable Copier.
- Added ability to EXCLUDE file masks from DataGrab/Migrate copy process (e.g. *.OST) when using ROBOCOPY only.
- Using new methods of gathering paging file information for the display in the top banner; now detects paging files on other partitions, displays the current % utilization of the paging file, and if you hover over the label, also the peak session paging file usage.
- Using new methods of gathering dir/disk space measurements for DataGrab which should make it more accurate, and also finally work on UNC paths!!
- Corrected stretch/shrink property with square applogo.bmp to actually stretch/shrink to a square instead of a rectangle.
- Lots of little fixes here and there…
- Corrected a graphic related glitch.
- Corrected an old bug involving internal file exist checks to fail under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue with Merging defs to dCloud giving a ‘directory not found’ error and failing – it may still throw the error on the first try, however, but will actually succeed in merging the defs.
- d7 now detects and alerts for dirty volumes (any partition flagged for a chkdsk scan on the next reboot) on the System Info page. Clicking the alert will allow you to exclude the dirty volumes from chkdsk scans on the very next reboot.
- You will also receive the above alert with option to exclude if you select a shutdown/restart option from d7’s Reboot menu and a dirty volume is detected.
- Auto Uninstall window is now resizable.
- Revamped Auto Uninstall interface.
- More tweaking to dCloud operations.
- Altered d7 to use a new (possibly temp) server for dCloud sharing features.
- Added MalwareScan Definition Merge for dCloud! MalwareScan Definitions are now stored separately from the rest of your Config. When you ‘Merge’ the definitions with your dCloud copy, it actually COMBINES the definitions NOT overwrites them, so that multiple copies of d7 can sync (in use in different locations or by different technicians) without overwriting the progress another copy of d7 has uploaded.
- Fixed d7 from starting DebugView more than once when using Live Debug View option upon restarting d7.
- Fixed lower ticker message not displaying on some systems.
- Be sure to update MalwareScan if not already current – tons of tweaks and fixes.
- Tons of misc little fixes and adjustments.
- Last upload config dates in dCloud may very well be resolved to your current time zone (adjusted dCloud server for UTC time.)
- On Vista/7/8 Windows Event Log entries are displayed in UTC within d7. You can now set an adjustment for your time zone (as compared to UTC) in d7 Config > Behavior > Regional Settings to correct the issue. (e.g. set UTC Adjustment to -4 for Eastern Daylight Savings Time or EDT)
- Added ability to save Config without exiting config.
- Added automatic disable of many ‘first-run’ d7 startup tasks when d7 detects it is on the same PC as it was previously run on, e.g. d7 update check during startup, drop desktop shortcut / brand OS, etc.
- Added ability to add a Tech PC or Virtual Machine to an exclusion list, so automatic ‘first-run’ startup checks will always execute on the PCs in the exclusion list. Useful for testing purposes. (Config > Tech PC / Scheduling)
- Updated DataRestore which was using old PSEXEC method of gaining system access and failing when it didn’t exist.
- Fixed a bug with d7 not restarting explorer.exe as a shell in some situations.
- DataGrab now automatically calculates backup folder size of user profile directories and added custom folders.
- Added ability to right click in any Custom Apps field and click to go to that app’s website (if configured.)
- Added ability to disable d7’s audible alerts when it needs attention – Config > Behavior > General Behavior > Disable audible alerts…
- Fixed name of user ‘Desktop’ folder in d7 code to match non-English Windows versions (e.g. en Francais = Bureau)
- Added ‘Default Start Menu LNKs’ repair to Windows Repair column of Repair page. This will re-write known default start menu shortcuts for All Users/Public and each individual user profile, providing the target executable exists. This currently does not handle special shortcuts (e.g. Desktop tile for Metro).
- Fixed Move reports to network location in Close with Options dialog to correctly create the full unique directory structure for each report subdir.
- Fixed and ‘Object required’ type error causing failures in multiple FTP functions.
- Fix for a unconfigured stretch/shrink property on applogo.bmp if an applogo.png fails to load for any reason.
- Changed a few dialogs (screen resolution check, WSUS server config) to a new dialog format with more detail on what you are doing. More to come…
- Misc. under the hood stuff.
- Added debugging code to startup and DataRestore routines in an effort to track down recent issues.
- Fixed a bug causing d7 to freeze on startup on certain systems when the bug was graphics related; as a result on these system your custom logo (if not a BMP) will not be displayed.
- Added functionality to run Fab’s AutoBackup4Tech from within d7. Data Operations > Fab’s AutoBackup4Tech. To add your pre-owned copy of Fab’s to this functionality, d7 expects to find d73rd Party ToolsAutoBackup4TechAutoBackup4Tech.exe
- Added a force update check to the updates dialog. This works in situations where the startup update check may fail to detect new versions, as sometimes d7’s update file is cached so this method uses FTP instead of HTTP to reliably cirvumvent the cache.
- Fixed a ‘data not available’ error when downloading d7 Updates – although the error did not affect functionality.
- Fixed an issue where d7’s native logo did not display in recent versions if d7 is unregistered or an applogo.xxx was not found.
- Fix for d7 not starting in ‘Hiren’ builds of WinPE.
- Above fix may work for other WinPE builds affected but the fix is not automatic, use F8 startup menu and check “No Graphic” or run d7.exe -nographic
- Fix for some sections being skipped when using Full Auto Mode.
- Fix for FTP Explorer freeze, specifically debug log entry “frmFTPExplorer Error: Resume without error”
- Fixed Auto Uninstall manual removal from crashing d7 with ‘object required’ error.
- Fixed FTP Explorer not displaying directory contents.
- Changed FTP Reports upload functionality to pull from the d7 internal reports dir if it exists.
- Oops, Tweaks > NTFS Junctions output from previous revision was not readable, fixed.
- Redesigned NTFS Junctions layout from the tweaks page.
- Hopefully fixed an old issue emptying the recycle bin where it occasionally gets corrupted after being emptied.
- Incorporated new code to support reports save location fixes within d7’s modules MalwareScan v5 PR and FileHandler
- Updated FileHandler module to v2 (Reports save location fixes, additional functionality, misc.)
- Added MalwareScan v5 Pre-Release (Redesigned interface, fixed reports save locations, added a log view, and hopefully many fixes here and there.)
- MalwareScan v4.x.x remains in place and configured in your saved profiles.
- Fixed an issue where DataGrab was not functional unless you had previously clicked on another tab (e.g. DataRestore) and then clicked back.
- Threw in an ad for the alternative… more to come…
- dCloudLauncher SFX creation now prompts for a default path to download/extract d7.
- Moved Sync, Merge, Dump feature to Main menu > Legacy Features.
- Added some error handling to startup routines.
- Added back in ability to run Ketarin profiles manually, accidentally left out of last update.
- Tweaked a bit on Auto Uninstall interface.
- Merged Release Notes and Update Check forms, now including release notes online for d7, Default Custom Apps, and Ketarin profile.
- Fixed <-Return click on Full Auto Mode.
- Fixed DataGrab tab being blank sometimes.
- Misc fixes and UI changes.
- DATA LOSS – had to recode most fixes/improvements in the last few versions. Things may function exactly as they did last release. With my development pace, I need to start backing up more than once a day.
- Redesigned, repurposed, and repositioned the Maint/Diag page, now Audit/Diagnose. Added reports generation, removed ‘the fat’ which can also be found elsewhere in d7. Added to Full Auto Mode.
- Converted to a new layout for dCloud definition sharing.
- Misc Minor Fixes.
- Fixed errors when clicking on Custom Apps within dCloud and in performing a few other functions.
- Fixed a crash launching StartupKill configuration fron d7’s config when a 32bit applogo.ico is in d7Config
- Fixed a crash when sorting listview columns.
- Expanding some listboxes to contain multi-line items.
- Completely removed the dependency on MSCOMCTL.OCX, replacing all listboxes and other various components with a 3rd party control. This actually affects a LOT of d7 functionality and is a major change.
- The above resolved double-click issues with listboxes on d7’s various pages (e.g. custom apps box on maintenance page, etc. now double-click as expected.)
- Long rectangle logo option expanded to 240w x 60h, giving a clean 4:1 aspect ratio.
- Updated logo size information in d7 Config > Register/Personalize page.
- Fixed tab stop order on config form (the order in which you can tab from input field to input field.)
- Misc minor fixes.
- Removed delete FF/Chrome user profiles for the moment. Potentially there was a bug, but also they really need to be improved – as Xander pointed out automatic backup / restore of the bookmarks…
- Now supporting BMP/GIF/JPG/PNG files for the applogo.
- Now supporting a 60x60px square logo, or as much as 235px wide with the Rectangle Logo option enabled.
- Modified logo options to allow rectangle logo to be sized to fit the available area.
- Cleaned up config screens, removing unused options and reorganizing the layout.
- IMPORTANT: Remove all shutdown scripts that delete anything from d7’s root directory. This is no longer supported.
- Fixed a bug causing d7 to crash during startup on server based OSes.
- Converted modules into a separate download during the update process to save time and bandwidth; these are rarely updated.
- d7’s main interface now loads completely before becoming visible, so it is instantly responsive; the splash screen now gives status during load.
- Create SFX option now prompts you to configure archive to delete itself or not.
- Added download/setup of dCloudLauncher on the dCloud page to create a pre-configured self extracting archive.
- Added reset Firefox popup (if installed) to reset IE function on Maintenance page.
- Added optional removal of all user profile settings for Firefox/Chrome to Maintenance page.
- Fixed a bug launching ShaperProbe when it was already downloaded.
- Added “Enable Legacy F8 Startup Menu” option to Tweaks > Win 8 only (enables old behavior of F8 key at startup for Windows 8.)
- Fixed a bug causing Delete Temp Internet Files functions to only clean the first Chrome or Firefox profile’s cache for each user.
- Delete Temp Internet Files functions now terminate web browsers prior to operation.
- AutoUninstall now terminates web browsers prior to operation.
- Added option to remove client passwords from the Info Report when generated (Config > Reports)
- Added automatic web browser termination prior to AutoUninstall function on Maintenance tab (IE, Chrome, FF, and Opera.)
- Implemented a larger d7 interface which requires resolutions greater than 800×600 (the old interface will always be displayed @ less than 1024×768)
- Misc bug fixes and under the hood stuff; also reduced d7.exe file size slightly.
- Skins are disabled currently as they do not yet work with the new larger interface.
- Fixed recent date formatting issue causing errors with reports generation.
- Added bonus feature for dCloud users only: ability to use pre-configured SMTP credentials if you don’t have or want to use your own.
- Removed theme support – was a good idea, but caused some funkiness with certain objects, such as the lower statusbar.
- Fixed a somewhat rare issue affecting certain systems where d7.exe never loads, but appears in task manager.
- Added custom apps setting “Audible alert prior to running this app (Auto Mode)”
- Improved custom apps setting “Always re-download” to “Always re-download if app > X days old”
- Fixed multiple copies of custom apps showing up in the listboxes.
- d7 Config screen has grown a little, and now requires 1024×768 resolution or better.
- Emails sent by d7 now obey your default “From” address when replying.
- Implemented a new email system with a tech email address book for multiple techs using the same d7 config, automatic loading of client email addresses based on Nirsoft’s MailPV output, and email template load/save options.
- Implemented an easy way to turn on live debugging and/or logging to file (the latter is handy in the new bug report submission form.)
- Added additional debugging code to startup functions.
- Removed ? button in the titlebar due to strange errors in new debugging logs. Please use the Help menu > Get Help Online (or press CTRL-H anytime the main d7 window is in focus.)
- Removed Internet Time Sync feature on maintenance page – it was quirky sometimes – replaced with new custom app Neutron (thanks Xander) so be sure to update your custom apps!!
- Clicking on the “Disconnected” label when internet is not detected will allow d7 to ignore the connection status when attempting downloads and other internet operations.
- ATTN SCREENCONNECT users and other remote support providers: Added Create SFX option to Main menu. Create SFX will compress your d7 folder and it’s contents to a self-extracting archive, which will extract d7 to the desktop, run it, and delete itself. This can come in handy especially for Screenconnect users who utilize their ‘toolbox’ feature.
- Managed a few extra pixels for the long rectangle logo option. Now expect the max dimensions of your logo to be 185×60.
- Minor tweaks.
- Fixed an issue where updating your Default Apps Profiles was causing the Maintenance apps to be mistakenly put into the Maintenance/Diag section, where they do not function at all.
- Addressed an issue where d7 was breaking IE 10 history after running Delete History on Maintenance page.
- D7 is now d7 (new logo, yes I updated just for that.)
- Under the hood stuff.
- Fixed startup crash bug.
- Some visual tweaks and interface changes. NOTE: This may mess with the Skins. To be honest, that type of Skin support is on it’s way out and may be replaced with:
- Added new ‘Themes’ for D7’s interface (incompatible with the old Skins.) For one, the themes look a lot better than 95% of the old skins, IMHO, but the huge deal with themes is that you can easily create your own! Simply create a new Windows Theme (.msstyle file) the way you want it (or just download any one you find on the internet) and you can send me that for conversion into a format recognized by D7. All the existing themes are based on versions of MS Office so far, but more to come. Themes can be found in Config > Register/Personalize
- D7 now stores definitions separately from the its configuration sets when working with dCloud – so the defs remain universal. The defs are updated automatically everytime you upload/download a config.
- Added a visual element to some buttons giving them a highlight effect when you hover over them.
- Fixed some bugs with the Move Reports to FTP Server function (should now create the appropriate FTP directory structure as configured in D7.)
- Added MSSE/WD Quick and Full scans to Malware page. Function runs an automatic update and command line scan with Microsoft Security Essentials (if installed, else it runs Windows Defender, when available.)
- Revamped Email Reports options – now you may selectively choose which reports to email, customize the subject/message body, save/load templates of custom messages, save a list of tech email addresses for quick reference, and finally you won’t even have to type in your client’s email address in most cases as this is populated for you!
- Added Notes beside the Reports link – use to keep notes while working on a system. In Reports window, you have a new link to merge your TechNotes.txt file with the branded HTML Activity log when work is complete on the system.
- Added ShaperProbe (internet speed / packet shaping test) to Testing/QA page.
- Changed the way System Restore points were created in an attempt to fix a rare bug.
- Misc. minor stuff.
- Removed UAC prompt when performing a right-click google this action.
- Minor under the hood stuff.
- Fixed Pre-Release version update notifications displaying when using a final version.
- Tweaked Reports viewing interface, added option to browse to other report directories.
- New Network Menu at the top – because was in need of a few of these quick functions the other day and honestly forgot where they were in D7 for a minute.
- Misc. tweaks.
- Converted activity log to HTML, added time stamps.
- Tweaking on HTML Info_Report formatting and functionality, also stripping unneeded text from Nirsoft reports.
- Fixed upload function in FTP client.
- Experimenting with generating reports in HTML (for the Info Report) and attaching your logo if found, with printing option.
- Significantly increased D7 startup speed in some circumstances, by skipping the lengthy internet connection test when an invalid LAN IP address is detected.
- Added Upload Reports to FTP function.
- Removed old “Sync INI” FTP functionality in lieu of new FTP server functions to upload/download your D7 Configuration Sets to your own FTP server.
- Added ability to configure/download Custom Apps from your own FTP server.
- Removed Startup Options screen from showing, regardless of configuration setting, when D7 is in Full Auto or D7 Auto Malware mode.
- Fixed some MalwareScan reporting showing up in the Info Reports directory.
- Misc. minor fixes.
- Added a built-in FTP client to D7. Expect some automated FTP functionality to soon follow. The goal is to allow D7 to save and exchange information with your own server, such as reports.
- Adjusted Auto Uninstall interface to automatically check blacklisted items, and filter commented out items from the results list.
- D7 can now save and retrieve MULTIPLE different configuration sets from dCloud! (dCloudLauncher support not implemented, but soon to follow.)
- Removed SMART warnings due to mass confusion as to their meanings, displaying only raw data now.
- MalwareScan no longer requires a password when enabled but launched from within D7.
- Added Uninstall Legacy dApps button to dApps page.
- Added debugging code for misc features.
- Minor tweaks to function that copies D7 to the desktop from a UNC path/network drive.
- Minor under the hood stuff.
- Fixed: Progress bar stalls and app goes unresponsive during large downloads.
- Converted many Maintenance / Diag apps that were built-in to D7 into Custom Apps. After this update, please force-update your Default Custom Apps via D7 > Updates & Sync even if it says you have the latest version already.
- Cleaned up formatting of SMART status to tabbed columns for better readability in Info Report; added warning flag detection.
- Fixed an issue in ETS causing an Elevate To System window popup when apps were configured to run with SYSTEM access.
- More tweaking to the update process.
- Minor tweaks to update checks and processes.
- Added full SMART status for up to 10 HDDs in D7’s Info Report output.
- Added new custom apps feature – run installer first! Useful to configure non-portable custom apps requiring installation, making configurations possible for apps like Auslogics Disk Defrag (which is now in D7’s new Default Custom Apps download.)
- Added new custom apps feature – Wait in Service Mode. Causes D7 to shutdown while running your app and stay resident as a Windows service until your app completes and terminates itself. Useful for apps which would otherwise terminate D7 (like McAfee Stinger, also now available in the new Default Custom Apps download.)
- Misc minor stuff.
- Removed static MBRCheck link on Offline page, but added it as a new default custom app (be sure to download the D7 Custom Apps update following this update!)
- Enabled password fields in Config > Custom Stuff > Red X shutdown options which were disabled by accident.
- Tweaks to copy reports feature of custom apps.
- Tweaks on dCloud interface to prevent files from getting uploaded to the wrong paths in dCloud.
- Minor tweaks in offline OS detection.
- New feature: Shutdown/Restart Prevention (toggle on/off with Reboot > Abort Shutdown/Restart or tap DEL with D7 in focus) but now not only attempts to abort a shutdown, but also stays ON and continues to make abort attempts as necessary until toggled off. Also available as a default startup option in Config > Behavior > Startup Behavior.
- New feature: Move Reports on Close (in Shutdown Options dialog, or available in Config to set as default X button behavior) which will move reports to a UNC path on close (if it exists or can be created.)
- Changed behavior of dApps to always download from dCloud (when checked in config) even if the installer already exists in the D7 directory.
- dApps > dMaintenance install is now geared for the installer version or nothing.
- Misc. minor stuff.
- Changed the way D7 installs itself as a service when necessary on Vista+ to avoid intermittent Interactive Services Detection prompts.
- Improved several internal repair and cleaning functions.
- Fixed a ‘crash’ when D7 is shutting down to restart with System access without skins enabled.
- Enabled support for dSupportSuite on the dApps tab and in Config.
- Misc changes.
- Custom Apps system can now filter whether to run apps on a server OS or not.
- Made some adjustments to update code to fix a recent issue with modules (and release notes) not updating.
- Custom Apps system can now handle multiple config files to copy / import before execution. Separate multiple config files by a,comma
- Implemented ‘copy D7 to desktop and run from there’ option (click YES) in warning prompt you get if running D7 from a network path.
- Custom HOSTS file is now stored in D7ConfigMisc (so it gets uploaded/downloaded along with your D7 config)
- Minor tinkering.
- Moved dApps (dSupport, dMaintenance, etc.) from Customize/Install page to their own page, giving more room for custom apps for that page and allowing room for the upcoming dSupportSuite in the dApps collection.
- Added backup/restore/migrate of iTunes Local Appdata folders to D7’s Data moving functions.
- Added detection of Server 2012 to OS detect routines.
- Minor tweaking to MBAM routine, including attempting to delete or rename an old install of it if not fully uninstalled.
- Holding the F8 key while starting D7 brings up a startup menu with new options (this also replaces the old get system access prompt.)
- Red X behavior (the close button for the main window) is now configurable! Visit Config > Custom Stuff
- Holding SHIFT key while starting D7 now starts in ‘service mode’ which runs under the system account, runs KillEmAll (internal version) until completed, restarting it as needed if malware terminates it, and then launches D7 direct to the malware page.
- You can now choose to only execute a D7’s custom function/script for startup while holding down the CTRL key while starting D7.
- Improved user profile directory detection (should now be compatible with non-english Windows versions on live systems) which benefits a huge amount of core functionality.
- Auto Mode (malware page) resumes by default after a crash/reboot, after a 10 second timer giving you a cancel option.
- Improved detection of UNC paths and mapped drives (as D7 cannot perform certain functions when run from a network path.)
- Misc. enhancements to MalwareScan. Improved detection of certain registry values, also improved enumerating values from in-use registry hives when running from other accounts.
- Fixed Relaunch Explorer.exe with System access function.
- Fixed custom apps with randomize file name flag set not launching from write protected media.
- New write protected media detection and warning – option to automatically copy D7 to the All Users/Public desktop and run from there.
- Resuming D7 after a Combofix run is now handled internally without needing a separate module.
- HitmanPro should now always launch under a standard admin account even from system mode, which was causing issues with the app – note this will trigger a UAC prompt when executing from the system account.
- D7 should now handle waiting on apps like HitmanPro better and without user intervention.
- New method of starting apps under the system account when running under a standard account, affecting several functions (but not enough, more to come.)
- New method of starting apps (like Explorer) running as a standard account from the system account, affecting several functions.
- Fixed reporting directory format issues with MalwareScan and FileHandler.
- Fixed a recent typo affecting DataMigrate functionality.
- D7 now automatically and silently imports new .cfg files for custom apps when found.
- Improved Remove Policies function (both on live systems with multiple user accounts and offline systems) and now includes restoring Start Menu defaults.
- Added Anti-Spyware software status if installed and detected (only supported on Vista+)
- Tons of under the hood improvements for stability and speed by removing obsolete code and streamlining what needed to be there.
- Lots of minor tweaks and adjustments.
- Fixed D7 not detecting the latest KillEmAll versions – please force check for updates again and update KillEmAll to v2.0.2 or later!
- New option to remember password setting when password protecting D7 launch.
- MBAM function now copies 3PTMBAM_DefsExclusions.dat prior to running.
- Misc stuff…
- MSConfig state (Normal/Selective startup) is now displayed in the alerts column of the Info page.
- The Config directory is now flushed prior to syncing your config (pulling) from dCloud or your own server.
- Fixed an issue on 64bit systems where some startup functions may not work properly if D7 is started from a path that is normally virtualized for 32bit applications.
- After registering a fresh download of D7, it will now relaunch itself and update all components automatically.
* NEW Default Apps Config and Ketarin Profile (please update!) which reflects HitmanPro download/filename changes.
* Fixed several circumstances that could cause MalwareScan and FileHandler to crash.
* MalwareScan wasn’t seeing “(Default)” reg values in Run keys – fixed.
* MalwareScan wasn’t searching HKLM/HKCU SoftwareMicrosoftCommand ProcessorAutorun values – added these to the Run Keys scan.
* Several enhancements I’m not discussing at this point 😉
- Please ensure you update to KillEmAll v1.4.4 – fixed an issue where KEA would trigger a system shutdown under certain circumstances.
- For installed A/V, added detection of real-time scanner enabled/disabled and product definitions updated or outdated.
- For installed 3rd Party Firewalls, added detection of whether it is enabled or disabled.
- Fixed send feedback function not detecting an internet connection.
- Misc. minor stuff.
- Removed annoying pop-up box when WINMGMT service could not be stopped during certain operations.
- Improved self-updating speed.
- D7 should no longer restart itself under the system account during updating under certain circumstances.
- Updated D7’s update default apps function for including the D7_DefaultApps.INI file. A new Default Apps profile will follow soon updating several apps including
- Vastly improved startup speed of D7 when internet access is broken.
- D7 now displays the detected WAN IP address instead of “Net: Connected” when internet access is functional.
- Misc minor stuff.
- Improved method of rotating news in the bottom status bar.
- Updated old wording of save profile confirmation prompts to avoid confusion.
- Introducing multiple profiles for certain Auto Mode configurations. To create a new profile, simply type a name in the box and click Save Profile.
- Attempt to fix several D7 startup / registration issues that have cropped up recently.
- Fixed some potential for damage when running D7 from a UNC path.
- Removed Regsvr32 ALL DLLs from Windows Repair Auto Mode.
- Misc under the hood stuff.
- Incorporated a new method of deleting stubborn reg keys/values, which fixes the following:
- Fixed Remove IE Toolbars function.
- Fixed report not showing if timeouts occur in Re-Register System32 DLLs function.
- Misc. changes.
- Improved the Re-register all System32 DLLs function. Added display of the .DLL being registered, and also now if a registration hangs for more than 15 seconds, it will be skipped and the next file processed – so this function won’t hang indefinitely. If any registrations were hung and skipped, they will be in the Reports window as ‘Regsvr32 Report.txt’ and you will be prompted to view them.
- Fixed configuration not extracting properly from dCloud.
- Fixed an update check issue.
- Reduced D7’s file size by 1.2 MB!
- Reset Networking Interfaces now replaces winsock registry keys with defaults on Vista-8 (formerly only did this on XP)
- Save Config for D7 Auto now prompts you on ALL pages instead of just SOME pages.
- Disabled shading effect of various dialog boxes as they appear to be causing serious lag on some systems.
- New GUI (bubble boxes) for various message boxes, input boxes, and prompts.
- D7 can now load 32bit icons for form/taskbar display (meaning your applogo.ico can now be 32bit instead of 8bit color.)
- Fixed broken FTP upload capability for D7 config.
- Renamed Fix Shell Execute/run to a more appropriate ‘Fix File Associations’ function on both the Malware and Windows Repair pages.
- Beefed up the Fix File Associations function to better repair existing supported files (EXE, COM, SCR, BAT, CMD, REG) and added LNK files (shortcuts) to the mix. Also updated support for Windows 8 in this function.
- Fixed OS Branding (BrandOS) not saving config properly when D7ConfigBrandOS directory was not present.
- Misc stuff ‘under the hood’
- Fixed an occasional failure with uploading your D7 config to dCloud, causing a zero-byte upload.
- Updated Winsock Reset function/utility (repair page > networking) for Windows 8 compatibility.
- Added %userprofile%AppDataLocalMicrosoftWindows Photo Gallery* to DataGrab / Migrate backup functions.
- Reorganized Tweaks page into sub-pages based on OS.
- Added new tweaks for Windows 7/8
- Updated multiple repair functions to work properly with Windows 8.
- Update to address several dCloud related issues.
- Fixed missing components alert if updating from an old version of D7.
- Fixed Installed Security Products window reporting an app as not installed when the path contained an environment variable.
- Added health reporting (installed/enabled/up to date checking) to new Installed Security Products window (click on A/V or Firewall label on System Info page)
- Fixed MBAM getting deleted before installation when running without an internet connection.
- Now copying MBAM’s database.conf file when backing up defs after a successful update to avoid database ‘corruption’.
- Fixed part of the dCloud interface being cut off on the right side.
- Fixed Combofix not launching as expected.
- Added Firewall detection to System Info page.
- Added new A/V (also A/S and Firewall) uninstall options by clicking on the A/V or Firewall label on the System Info page. This includes the ability to remove “phantom” A/V entries from Windows Security Center.
- DataGrab’s partition search now backs up files to an identical directory tree where they were found, to avoid duplicate file collisions / overwrites.
- Not actually a D7 code fix, but fixed dCloud not properly merging definition sharing uploads.
- Scheduled updating now updates components after update is complete, rather than waiting on the next time you start D7. Side effect is that you won’t see the release notes window on next start.
- Fixed an issue with scheduled updating not actually updating all components.
- Made tweaks to MBAM offline scan – shouldn’t corrupt the MBAM defs database when using a backup copy of the defs now.
- D7 now filters out and does not share any custom app with ‘dropbox.com’ in the URL field.
- Misc. minor tweaks.
- Register all System32 DLLs/OCXs repair function now performs same ops in %windir%SysWOW64 on 64bit systems.
- Made improvements in various repair functions relating to taking ownership/setting permissions in registry keys.
- Fixed Toggle ACHI service in Win7 not working properly.
- Fixed Toggle Windows Search Service in Vista/7 not working properly.
- Switched to a new progress bar for some functions.
- Improved various repairs.
- Improved repairs in RegBackup.
- Added VSS Service repair to Repair page.
- Added check for VSS service working properly before the new RegBackup, if not, runs VSS Service repair above.
- Fixed Full Auto Mode stalling after a Malware app (Combofix) reboots the PC.
- Full Auto Mode is no longer ‘experimental’ and works well in testing. The big caveat is that if Combofix runs and restarts the PC, Full Auto Mode may stall (to restart click the Stop button on Malware Auto Mode and click it again when it turns to Start.)
- Fixed D7 not disabling MSSE on Windows XP when configured to do so on startup.
- Fixed D7 not restarting after Combofix runs on Windows XP.
- Fixed D7 not restarting the PC after Combofix Uninstall runs on all platforms.
- Added info on system manufacturer/model number to System Info page, also that and system serial number to generated Info_Report.txt
Made some tweaks to Full Auto Mode.
- If your Default Apps Profiles (specifically Combofix.cfg) was an older version, it would download but not launch. Fixed.
- NEW: EXPERIMENTAL menu > Full Auto Mode. Run Malware Removal, Windows Repair, Maintenance, Customize/Install, and QA/Testing Auto Modes together.
- The left column was bugging me so I re-ordered things a bit, more like you would use them. Malware, Repair, Maintenance, Customize, QA/Testing.
- Added Reboot on Finish to Repair page Auto Mode.
- Improved automation on Repair page / Auto Mode by removing some unneeded prompts.
- Repair page now has AUTO MODE!! (Keep in mind there’s still some tweaking to do to get things to run more smoothly / automated, but it’s a great start!)
- Added a good bit more repair functionality to the WMI/WBEM repair function.
- Replaced ERUNT (malware page) with my own new RegBackup app which uses a safer method of backup up the registry via VSS.
- Fixed WMI/WBEM repair function popping up the WBEMTEST app during re-registering of related EXEs.
- WinsockReset now has powerful new options and more repair functionality.
- Misc. changes and included a new version of WinsockReset
- Added my own new WinsockReset utility to the Repair page.
- Fixed D7 opening up URLs in the Custom Links menu in all lowercase letters, throwing off case sensitive URLs.
- Some misc. stuff even more minor than the above…
- Updated D7’s detection of newer ZeroAccess variants (also updated KillZA to v1.1 to remove them!)
- Changed Previous Versions feature of dCloud to use HTTP download which is much faster.
- Misc minor things…
- Added support for downloading your custom installers for dSupport, dMaintenance, dEventMonitor, and Disk Health Monitor from dCloud when the installers are not found in the local directory structure. Requirements: You must upload your custom installers to your dCloud account via dCloudConsole, and enable the option in D7 Config > My Apps.
- Changed Winsxs folder display to manual (click it) due to slow D7 startup times.
- Fixed a runtime error causing a D7 crash during certain operations on D7 Cloud custom apps sharing page.
- Added ability to remove custom apps from the Cloud that shouldn’t be there (for example, they may contain personal data such as a personal website or login credentials.)
- D7 has been updated to reflect the new home of D7 Cloud. Please PUSH/UPLOAD your D7 Config to the Cloud as private data was NOT moved from the old D7 Cloud server to the new one. Thanks!
- Introducing Script sharing to D7 Cloud. (experimental)
- Fix for D7 disabling UAC on startup no longer working properly with recent Windows updates (now to work it’s magic, a restart of explorer.exe is involved.)
- Added Previous Versions (of D7) downloading from D7 Cloud as well as D7 Cloud Launcher.
- Fixed a recent but with the Sync config feature.
- Added checkbox in custom apps config to prevent sharing that app with the Cloud (useful if your custom app is set to download from your own server.)
- Added %d7apppath% variable translation to Sync function.
- Enabled deletion of the temporary burn folder (used for cd burning) in each user profile as part of the standard Delete Temp Files routine.
- D7 Cloud: Disabled sharing of any custom apps without a defined download URL in the app config.
- Added function in D7 Config > General Behavior section to disable Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender while running D7. This is in response to new MS updates which make the service nearly impossible to stop for D7’s StartupKill function.
- Improved Custom Apps sharing in D7 Cloud.
- Misc changes.
- Added an item preview for browsing custom apps in D7 Cloud.
- Added a field for app website in custom apps configuration.
- Added Custom Apps Config sharing to D7 cloud. (experimental)
- Added WinSxS folder size to System Info page – may be nice to know every once in a while.
- Cleaned up / reorganized D7 Cloud interface in prep for new features.
- Added MalwareScan whitelists to D7 Cloud.
- Added a REMOVE feature to remove bad/broken entries from D7 Cloud master lists. USE WITH CAUTION! This is an effort to allow the community to ‘police’ itself, similar to the Wikipedia concept.
- Added select all/none options to D7 Cloud master list selection box.
- D7 Cloud definition sharing no longer shows you items you have already commented out.
- KillEmAll Whitelist definitions now support the ; character to comment out entries so they will be ignored.
- D7 Cloud (server side software) will now ignore all commented out lines in definition lists, they will no longer be added to the master definition lists.
- Added KillEmAll whitelist sharing to D7 Cloud.
- Merged D7 Cloud and Cloud Share interfaces.
- Added StartupKill Services and Processes to D7 Cloud Share
- Introducing D7 Cloud Share (experimental) to share your various D7 definitions with others in the Cloud (currently only Auto Uninstall defs are supported.)
- Fix for uploading a blank 7z archive under certain conditions with the upload config to D7 Cloud function.
- Made some adjustments to D7 Cloud – mostly warnings on error.
- Removed temporary password requirement for DataRestore/DataMigrate operations, hopefully to fix a related bug with password protected accounts and restoring data.
- Taking a screen shot with D7 now automatically pops up with a save dialog.
- D7 now properly minimizes itself when taking full screen screen shots.
- Misc tweaks.
- Added download for D7 Cloud Launcher.
- Fixed D7 not restoring a required file for Skin support when pulling config from a server or the D7 Cloud.
- Added support for saving dSupport v3 config.
- Sync feature now supports FTP login for downloading config instead of http download method.
- Added automatic 7zip download if not available for D7 Cloud function (could occur if one had never used / setup Ketarin before.)
- Adjusted the timing of sending keystrokes after opening Computer Management.
- Introducing D7 Cloud (currently for configuration sync).
- Added Email Reports, D7 Cloud sync, and FTP upload to your own server to the Close Options screen.
- Added FTP upload capability to D7’s Sync Config function.
- Preparing for v7.7 with some new features visible but not enabled.
- Now running Computer Management from the D7 Windows menu (or any other function in D7 that starts Device Manager) will start the Computer Management MMC snapin with Device Manager selected, and will automatically select “Show Hidden Devices” from the View menu of Device Manager. As always, this function will automatically fix the sometimes missing “Non-Plug and Play” devices by rewriting a certain registry key that certain malware likes to destroy.
- New feature: CleanMgr.exe on the Maintenance page. Runs Windows built-in Cleanmgr.exe automatically on the sageset/sagerun concept, where it automatically selects everything that Windows can clean up EXCEPT MS Office setup files, Old Memory dump files, and Compress Old Files (those settings will always be unchecked/ignored.)
- Re-ordered Maintenace page to run more automated tasks at once by moving some minor post maintenance stuff to the automated section.
- Added ability to ‘comment out’ lines in the new Auto Uninstall feature. A commented line has a semi-colon (;) in front of it and will be ignored for uninstall when running in Auto Mode. In GUI mode, a commented line will invoke a prompt on whether you want to uninstall that item or not.
- Testing FTP download ability for Sync D7 Config function.
- Put the new Auto Uninstall feature before the automated stuff on the maintenance page.
- Added new Auto Uninstall feature on the Maintenance page. Basically you can add installed items to an uninstall list to be removed automatically on future Auto Mode runs. Useful to remove junkware like toolbars and registry cleaners, etc. D7 will attempt to uninstall the apps without user interaction when the feature is available.
- Added Network Location Tweaks (for Vista/7/8) per user suggestion, on the Tweaks page > Networking, to potentially fix issues with networks getting stuck as “Unidentified Networks” and having no network/internet connectivity.
- Disabled running apps under the system account when D7/PSEXEC runs from a network path or mapped drive, since it doesn’t work anyway. Now apps will launch but as administrator only.
- Fixed CheckDisk not running after recent updates.
- Reverted to old ShellX behavior for all execution of external apps due to open file security warnings under certain circumstances.
- Including new KillEmAllPlus.scr v1.4 which runs as a service and continually restarts itself on failure until the malware is gone!
- Updated D7’s combofix survival/continue functions to work in Safe Mode as well.
- D7 can now survive a full Combofix run (and Combofix /Uninstall) and restart/continue automatically whether in Auto or Manual mode!
- Updated ZIP Config function to include an active skin if enabled.
- Fixed StartupKill.exe (config for stop processes and services on startup) not opening on some XP systems.
- KillEmAll is now downloaded separately from the rest of D7 components during updates.
- Misc. bug fixes.
- Emergency release to fix a bug preventing D7 from opening.
- Added an option to restart stopped services when D7 closes. D7 Config > Behavior > Shutdown Behavior.
- You can now add comments to your StartupStopServices and StartupStopProcesses text files in D7Config
- Misc. bug fixes.
- Tons of misc. tweaks, nothing worth mentioning by itself.
- Updated KillEmAllPlus to startup significantly faster, making it far more effective at killing malware processes.
- Added new function – Stop Services and Processes on Startup (Visit Config > Behavior > Startup Behavior, last item.) Can be configured to stop services such as those of Windows Defender and Anti-Virus software for example, every time D7 starts.
- This update for AppLauncher users. D7 > Updates & Sync > Options > ZIP Config now includes MalwareScan Defs, pair with the latest update to AppLauncher to extract the defs along with your Config and Scripts after downloading D7.
- Fixed a recent bug with resetting permissions during firewall repair routines.
- Added detection for MalwareBytes Pro version with slightly different run behavior.
- Changed all MalwareBytes command line parameters to terminate automatically when nothing is found.
- Added a mode to the Main menu to always run 3rd Party Tools under the SYSTEM account (Main menu > System Access / or in Config > Behavior > Startup Behavior to enable automatically on startup.)
- Added Run as SYSTEM option to Custom Apps config, to run your app under the local SYSTEM account if necessary.
- Implemented a new method of launching external applications (ENABLED by default – you can disable this by going to Config > Behavior, check Use Old ShellX, and restart D7.)
- Misc tweaks and minor additions.
- Changed D7’s shutdown method to no longer use shutdown.exe for forced shutdown/logoff/restart, now it’s pure code.
- Fixed Skin support by removing the ? button when Skins are loaded. It seems I can’t subclass on top of appface.dll…..
- Misc tweaks.
- Added the ? button top right corner of the D7 window to open the appropriate page in the online manual corresponding to the current page you are on in D7.
- BootSafe now recognizes D7 branding.
- Misc tweaks.
- Added new BootSafe.exe to D7 and Reboot menu. You can now run BootSafe to make the modification to the OS to boot to Safe Mode, any mode including Networking, and NOT reboot – useful for those running Teamviewer and similar where you may need to boot to Safe Mode with Networking, but you must reboot through the remote control software instead of D7.
- Added Reboot to Safe Mode (Command Prompt Only) to D7 Reboot menu.
- Fixed shell extension “Take Control” (FileHandler could not find SUBINACL)
- Misc. tweaks…
- Added site specific searches and configuration to D7’s Search menu.
- Misc. tweaks…
- Added ability to add (and organize) custom paths to the folders menu.
- Added ping of detected DNS servers when clicking on either DNS server in the top banner.
- Misc tweaks…
- Added a Dump (move) Reports to Server function, and merged this with Sync D7 Config and Merge MalwareScan Defs dialogs so all can be accomplished with one button click.
- The new rich text box on the Reports window now allows for editing/saving (as RTF) and use of Bold/Italic/Underscore and Color selection! Just right-click in the textbox for options!
- Added rich text box to Report form for displaying .RTF reports (such as those created by PatchMyPC) and so people can now select/copy text from the box.
- Minor tweaks, like Client Name prompt no longer pops up under the splash screen, etc.
- Added ability to automatically generate D7’s Info Report after client name prompt (if configured, visit D7 Config > Reports for the new checkbox)
- Added ability to store reports locally by using standard environment variables (e.g. %userprofile%DesktopReports)
- Altered MBAM function to copy saved defs before attempting an update.
- Fixed issues with displaying secondary DNS in D7’s top banner.
- Fixed an issue in the custom apps system affecting apps like HitmanPro on 32bit systems.
- Sometimes a D7 download/update fails due to a permissions issue which I cannot resolve. This version introduces an external download EXE to D7 which will automatically be launched under SYSTEM access should an internal download fail, in an attempt to bypass the permissions issue and successfully download the file.
- Added screen resolution detection to info page.
- Added screen resolution detection to startup, so that if a recommended screen res is not detected it will prompt you to change it. Works in safe mode!
- Tweaked -offline / PE detection to include RAM and Network info.
- You can now add documents to the custom links menu.
- Added a new custom links menu editor, enabling you to easily organize your links according to priority.
- Removed D7’s dependency on the external file vbwebdownload.dll
- Added WinPE detection to D7, with prompt to start D7 on the Offline Ops page, skipping most of the startup checks on the System Info page.
- Added D7 command line parameter “-offline” to start D7 on the Offline Ops page, skipping most of the startup checks on the System Info page.
- Added tweak to create the Applications folder on a Windows 8 desktop.
- Added CTRL+H (or click Help > Get Help Online) to open my online manual to whatever page you are currently on in D7.
- Fixed Time Zone/Sync on D7 startup prompt popping up under the splash window.
- Now randomizing filename of mbam-setup.exe before running, in case malware is stopping Malwarebytes’ setup from launching.
- D7 can once again download Malwarebytes’ setup on the fly if missing (provided that Ketarin.exe and .NET 2 framework is present.)
- Made changes to IP/GW/DNS detection code.
- Reconfigured a few options within the new Reset D7 function.
- Fixed a VERY old bug causing D7 crashes on 64bit versions of Windows during certain operations, such as Checking Desktop/Start Menu for shortcuts and more.
- Misc code cleanup.
- Fixed Maintenance and Customize/Install apps not automatically being added during an update of the Default Apps Profile. Please re-update even if you have the latest Default Apps Profile!
- Updated D7 to behave as previously when running Combofix.
- Cleaned up the main D7 directory quite a bit more.
- Introduced Reset D7 options in D7 > Config. Now you can have a squeeky clean D7 install and/or settings wipe without downloading the full v6.7 package.
- Made adjustments to text alignment in D7’s top banner.
- Sync D7 Config now also syncs your D7Scripts directory!
- Fixed an error with Syncing your D7 Config to a server/UNC path.
- Fixed DataGrab not creating a DataRestore.ini file in the backup folder if the backup folder already existed.
- Minor tweaks.
- Due to popular demand, removed the menu icons and forced the text menubar on permanently, in favor of putting more system information in the top banner area of D7’s interface.
- Custom Ketarin databases are now included in the Sync D7 Config functions!
- Building again on the new custom apps feature, now you can specify a registry path to backup and save after running a custom app, to be re-imported again the next time you run the app. This can be used to automatically save configuration settings and re-import them on new PCs with apps like PatchMyPC. Also updated the PatchMyPC default profile to utilize the new functionality.
- Building on the new custom apps feature of last release, now if you specify a .reg file in the copy config box, it imports the .reg file before running the custom app – useful for apps that save their configs to the registry like PatchMyPC. Also if you specify a .bat/.cmd/.vbs file in the copy config box, it automatically copies this to the application directory and runs it from there, before running the custom app.
- New Custom Apps config features: Save config for future use, and copy config before running the custom app. Useful for apps like CCleaner to keep a custom CCleaner.ini file with your pre-configured options so you don’t have to configure it each time you run the app. The saved configuration also syncs with the D7 config. Also updated the default apps profile for CCleaner and Defraggler to save and use their custom configurations.
- Misc tweaks.
- Added support for a custom portable browser to be used in place of the system default or D7’s own internal browser. Visit Config > Browser/Search!
- Fixed results display from D7 registry search feature to proper listbox format.
- New custom app config option: Always Download a Fresh Copy (to ensure you’re using the very latest of the app; if the download fails, an existing copy will be used if found.)
- Applied recognition of new dMaintenance v2 installer and features.
- Sync D7 Config should now automatically save the sync location properly when performed.
- Misc. and Minor stuff.
- Had to update the default apps updater function to recognize new default apps other than Maintenance/Malware page apps.
- Updated Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender Exclusion function for dSupport installation to restart these services so the exclusions apply BEFORE installation without a reboot.
- Changed the way DataRestore works due to some user confusion – now instead of selecting the DataGrab backup directory, you select the DataRestore.ini file located in that directory which is generated by a DataGrab backup.
- Misc code changes…
- Altered Custom Apps functions so that you can configure them to run apps from a UNC path.
- Fixed Auto Mode on the Customize/Install page not running Foolish IT apps options when checked.
- Fixed 3rd Party Tools dir not getting created when updating from a freshly downloaded and never used copy of v6.7 free to the v7
- Reorganized a lot of D7’s internal files into the Modules dir to cleanup the main D7 directory.
- Fixed Close option from the systray menu crashing D7.
- Misc minor tweaks.
- Fixed status bar not displaying current operation on Malware page.
- Applied new methods of launching System Restore and restore point creation functionality – hopefully to resolve intermittent issues when working with System Restore on Vista/7.
- Major overhaul to D7’s update checks and processes.
- Update check and download window now check for a new default Ketarin profile, default custom apps config, and KillZA.
- Scheduled D7 updates (or using the -updateonly switch) has new config options and reflects the new changes.
- Fixed a recent bug where custom malware apps were showing up on the maintenance page after an update.
- Fixed a bug causing temp internet files to not be deleted for Chrome and Firefox.
- Added Firefox and Chrome to deletion of Cookies and History. (Note local Chrome objects return if Chrome Sync is enabled.)
- Deleting temp internet, cookies, or history now no longer also deletes standard user profile temps files which can get redundant when it was already done.
- Fixed a few areas where D7’s RunOnce startup entry was getting removed accidentally.
- Fixed a recent bug where Auto Mode did not automatically resume after an OS reboot.
- Misc. code cleanup
- Fixed Maintenance > ProcessIdleTasks to work as configured.
- Updated Test button on Custom Apps config page to use the most current code for running your custom app.
- Attempt to fix occasional crashes on shutdown when updating D7 and skins are enabled.
- Misc. code cleanup.
- Changed custom app behavior to always use configured command line parameters even when not in auto mode.
- Added option to ZIP D7 config files to Sync D7 Configuration function in the options menu. This is for easily packaging your config to put the zip file on your webserver/dropbox/whatever for the Sync feature.
- Custom Apps can now be configured to run only on certain platforms (32/64bit, XP/Vista/7/8)
- Added the %root% variable to custom apps and WSUS Offline updater config, which represents the drive letter and colon of the drive D7 is running from.
- Fixed a few potential issues with custom apps variables .
- Lots of internal code restructuring.
- Fixed an issue where D7 Config gets corrupted when updating from a very old v5 or less to v7+
- Fixed an issue where D7 doesn’t properly remember the original file extensions/hidden files/UAC settings if it previously crashed.
- Made adjustments to Sync D7 Config function.
- Started conversion of Maintenance page to new custom apps format.
- Fixed Backup Shares/Permissions not backing up 100% properly.
- Fixed Recuva not downloading on 64bit systems.
- Fixed a problem with D7 Skin Picker erasing the D7.INI file with v7.3.5
- Changed the location of D7.INI, applogo.*, the Branding directory, and the KEA_Whitelist.txt to live in the Config directory along with the rest of the config to make several things easier on all of us.
- Added some basic diagnostic information to be optionally sent along with the internal feedback function.
- Removed a lot of old/dead code.
- Fixed HTML reports not displaying in reports window.
- Removed a ton of old code and the old malware page that was no longer being used.
- D7 can now run multiple Ketarin profile updates simultaneously.
- Updated Rebuild Icon Cache function on the Repair page.
- All 3rd party tools on the malware page are now ‘custom apps’ only. As a result they can be rearranged to run in a different order and can also be completely removed from D7.
- Pre/Post removal items on malware page can now be re-ordered.
- Introduced ability to re-download default D7 custom apps config from foolishit.com in Updates/Sync. This function is specifically for the converted custom apps on the Malware page, but will be expanded to include other converted custom apps in the future, including your own custom apps config!
- Fixed 32bit Custom Apps not downloading properly on 64bit systems.
- Added custom function for Brand Operating System.
- Tweaked custom functions behavior to not ‘wait for termination’ during startup / shutdown custom functions.
- Introducing Custom Functions! Add your own EXEs/scripts to some of D7’s internal functions including repair functions and startup/shutdown of D7.
- Getting serious about Windows repair: Improved Firewall, BITS/Windows Update, and Windows Security Center service repair; also added Windows Defender service repair.
- Fixed Malware page custom apps showing up on the Customize/Install page when no custom apps exist there.
- Added HDDScan to the Maintenance II page. This is a good Windows based app to check for bad/slow sectors on HDDs.
- Recompiled D7 with the latest service packs to VS6 – it seems after my last format/reload of my dev machine I’ve been compiling D7 without all VS6 service packs installed.
- Fixed an issue with not loading offline registry files properly which affects many operations throughout D7.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to add beyond a certain number of custom apps/tools.
- Added code to delete a cached download (if exist) before any new download function.
- D7 v7+ is no longer free, for free usage please download v6.7 from www.d7xtech.com
- You can now define a default custom backup location for DataGrab (config > Custom Stuff)
- You can now define custom Unstoppable Copier settings for data operations (config > Custom Stuff)
- You can now define a custom NTP server for internet time sync (config > Custom Stuff)
- You can now skip the Windows activation check on Vista/7 (due to it being so slow, config > Behavior > Startup Behavior)
v6.7.0 – the last free version…
- D7 Custom Apps (any) can now be configured with both a 32bit and separate 64bit app, so D7 can automatically launch the 64bit app on 64bit OSes, and the 32bit app on 32bit OSes (or when a 64bit app is not present in the config.)
- Fixed D7 Sync INI setting not saving the sync location.
- D7 command line parameters for scheduling and all internal updating functionality is now restricted to the premium version of D7.
- Fixed reports not saving to the proper location when configured to include a date in the path name on non-English versions of Windows.
- Added Comodo Secure DNS to the Customize page in the preselected DNS drop down box.
- Fixed Custom Apps not saving/loading defaults on the Customize/Install page.
- Fixed Select All/None options on the Customize/Install page.
- Corrected a WMI query error when enumerating users as part of DataGrab’s Backup Users/Perms/Shares function; the error previously caused D7 to hang under certain circumstances.
- Hopefully Reset Hidden Volume will more reliably remove desktop.ini files in the startup folders.
- Added additional debugging code.
- Rearranged update / sync features.
- UK USERS: configure D7 to use CrucialUKScanner.exe when clicking on the RAM UPGRADE alert, to show you UK inventory/pricing. (Config > Behavior > Regional)
- Tweak to enable the Administrator account now prompts for optional password creation for that account.
- Updated BootSafe.exe (Boot to Safe Mode with Networking option) to include option on Windows XP to show a the boot menu on a 3 second countdown, so that user can override and choose to boot to normal Mode if safe mode is busted for some reason (e.g. virus/malware causes BSOD when booting to safe mode.)
- NEW: D7 can now remember original setting for Hidden Files/Extensions and UAC and reapply this setting on shutdown. Visit Config > Behavior > Shutdown Behavior and enable the “Apply Original Setting” option to take effect!
- New page in D7: Customize/Install incorporates a few features formerly on the Maintenance page, the My Apps page, and a few new features including installation of custom DNS settings, hosts file, updates of Flash plugins, and custom programs of your own choosing. It made more sense to lump a lot of this stuff together on it’s own page.
- Added WinPE detection and prompt to copy D7 to the local HDD before loading.
- Nothing exciting, minor changes.
- Introduced XP Prefetch configuration and cleaning to Maintenance tab.
- Introduced IFEO Modifier Offline (naturally, on the offline tab.) Why is this good? For details, see:
- Removed ZeroAccess User Mode Variant removal – incomplete; detection remains, however. See my KillZA.exe tool for removal.
- Fixed “Performing startup checks” lockup when ZeroAccess user mode variant is found.
- Added services.exe replacement to D7’s new ZeroAccess user mode variant removal function.
- Added additional fixes for Windows Firewall Service in Windows Vista to the “Repair Windows Firewall” function.
- Added additional fixes for Windows Firewall Service in Windows 7 to the “Repair Windows Firewall” function to cleanup after addition damage by the latest ZeroAccess variants.
- Added ability to run CrucialScan.exe when clicking on the “Upgrade RAM” alert.
- Added ability to load the offline registry to determine a more specific Windows version on the offline tab when clicking on the Suspected OS label.
- Fixed a potential issue with repairing firewall function where D7 would lock deleting certain items.
- Fixed shell extensions force removal option to actually force a removal.
- Added automated check/removal for new Zero Access User Mode variant on startup.
- Fixed Get System Access from D7 main menu not working as intended.
- Fixed Chrome User Data dir not backing up to the right directory from Vista/7 installs.
- DataGrab/DataMig now accepts user profiles named “Default” on XP systems.
- Tweaked DataRestore/DataMig operations with regards to restoring partition search files to a user’s documents folder.
- Tweaked various file copy/move operations to never copy existing NTFS security of the files to the new destination.
- Tweaked DataRestore/DataMigrate.
- D7 should now exit when launching Combofix again.
- Fixed Cancel button on Shutdown Options tab not functioning as expected when clicking the X to close D7.
- Fixed FileHandler.exe crashes on exit when deleting files with skins enabled.
- Made some user suggested improvements to the Repair Windows Firewall functions.
- DataGrab now defaults to create backups in a folder with the chosen Client Name when Prompt for Client Name option is enabled in config.
- Added Install/Remove Shell Extensions options to Main menu for quick access.
- Added Cancel option and ‘Are you sure?’ prompt when deleting D7 directory to Close with Options form.
- Make double-click systray icon default to lock screen setting now works.
- Internal Debugging Code updated here and there.
- Fixed a rogue error message when automatically syncing MalwareScan defs.
- D7 Info Report will now differentiate between laptops and desktops, and only add BatteryInfoView output to the report if the system is a laptop.
- Separated Custom Links from the Internet menu into it’s own menu.
- New Menu RUN (Run/Command Prompt links from the old MAIN menu with a few new command prompt options.)
- Command Prompt junkies now have in the RUN menu the ability to browse for a PATH to open the command prompt in before opening, no more CD HereandThere to get where you are going!
- Now deleting Unstoppable Copier settings prior to running DataGrab so everything with USC should be default.
- Mostly added new details to existing items that didn’t show any information in the details pane.
- Fixed D7 trying to store reports in the root of the OS partition under certain configurations.
- Added options to disable UAC when D7 starts and enable UAC when it closes, visit D7 Config > Behavior > Startup Behavior to enable the options!
- Disabled experimental SSD check before Defraggler until I can get it working more accurately.
- Fixed a bug in the User Autologon option where Autologon setting didn’t take effect in Windows Vista with a blank user password.
- Windows activation check now ignores Windows clients configured to activate via a KMS server.
- Fixed “Force Removal” option for Shell Extensions Config to remove context menu items left behind after a D7 crash during an update to v6.3.93+ with Skins enabled.
- Updated D7’s Update form to allow you to pick and choose which Ketarin profiles to run during the D7 update.
- Implemented new submenu for D7’s Explorer context menus in Windows 7 only, to free up the context menu clutter.
- Fixed status bar not updating after SSD check when manually running Defraggler via button click.
- Added SSD detection (untested on actual SSDs) to run prior to Defraggler (by default in auto mode only) to skip Defraggler if an SSD is detected. Visit D7 Config > Defraggler Behavior.
- Added ability to run Defraggler automatically when running manually via button click, using same parameters as it does in Auto Mode. Visit D7 Config > Defraggler Behavior.
- D7’s SFC functions now detect if SFC is disabled via Registry, and re-enables it if so (changes do require a Windows restart to take effect.)
- New Custom Apps config option “Run in CMD.EXE” which creates a batch file to run your app in, changing to the current app’s directory before running the app. Purpose is for some apps that don’t function properly when run normally via D7.
- Fixed: Auto Mode not remembering where you left off during Malware removal after an app forces a reboot.
- Browse for Folder dialogs now function when running under the SYSTEM account!
- Fixed Reports window not displaying in it’s entirety.
- Added new command line parameters and their options to the D7 > Config > Scheduling page. -mergedefs -syncconfigtoserver and -syncconfigfromserver
- D7 can now accept multiple command line parameters at once.
- D7 config has a new page: Scheduling – provides easy ability to schedule D7 to run automatically and process it’s command line functionality for automatic updating and Ketarin updating.
- Fixed an issue with broken shortcut detection while running D7 under the SYSTEM account.
- Now the slow Vista/7 activation check is forced on D7’s first startup on each new PC – subsequent startups on the same PC will automatically skip the activation check if the initial check revealed that Windows was in fact activated.
- Made further tweaks to Vista/7 Windows activation check accuracy.
- Added an automated import feature for Custom Apps/Tools/Scripts. Simply drop the .CFG file for each Custom App in the appropriate subdir of Config, and you will be prompted to import it on your next visit to that section in D7 Config. More details to follow in the online manual.
- Squashed a bug (another one) causing D7 to create a config FILE instead of a DIRECTORY.
- Fixed Auto Mode on the Malware page not stopping when you hit the stop button.
- Added missing Add/Remove buttons for the wildcard search on the DataMigrage page.
- Clicking “Get Help Online” on the config screen now takes you to the specific section of the online manual appropriate to the page you are on in the config.
- Added more help to the config screen / custom apps with regards to variables.
- Added a username prompt for DataRestore/DataMigrate if you started D7 with System access to avoid certain issues.
- Added to activation status (in the details pane) the number of days remaining until activation is required, if unactivated.
- Added Office activation data migration to DataMigrate.
- Made further tweaks to Windows Vista/7 activation check accuracy, should no longer report windows is NOT activated when it is 😉
- Made further improvements to the broken shortcut detection in relation to mapped drives and 64 bit OSes.
- Made some improvements to Windows activation check accuracy, should no longer report Vista/7 as activated when they are not.
- Made a few reliability improvements to the broken shortcut detection function. Still having issues with shortcuts to mapped drives, however.
- Fixed a bug in DataMigrate.
- Changed Check Services alert to show service display names instead of actual service names.
- Added filtering for the Check Services alert to exclude certain .NET services and a few others.
- Added a progress bar to D7 startup processes and Auto Mode on Maintenance and Malware pages.
- Minor stuff under the hood and some verbiage changes here and there.
- The “Also Run Ketarin” checkbox on the update screen now runs Ketarin to update all existing profiles, not just D7_DefaultApps.db
- Added Web Search to the Search menu to make up for the missing web search bar on the old info tab.
- Fixed Select All / Select None on Maintenance tab not properly (de)selecting some items.
- Tweaked a little on the installed MBAM detection to avoid potential ‘mbam.exe not found’ error in certain circumstances.
- Fixed D7 displaying “Checking Internet Connection” instead of “Idle…” in certain circumstances.
- D7 now backups up MBAM definitions after a successful update, to restore at a later date if MBAM fails an update due to no internet connectivity.
- D7 now displays the last boot time in seconds on the Info page, as reported by Windows performance event logs in Vista/7.
- Fixed a critical error where D7 accidentally created a CONFIG FILE instead of a CONFIG DIRECTORY, causing tons of issues from errors in Custom Apps configuration to failed downloads of missing software.
- Added a Delete Option for Custom Apps in the Config
- You now have an unlimited number of Custom Apps, Tools, and Scripts.
- You can now easily change the order you want your custom apps to run in Auto Mode.
- UI changes, got rid of the optional sidebar and main tabbed interface – two less dependencies and reduces the size of D7.
- Fixed: My Apps tab was displaying an installed version of dEventMonitor on the dSupport label.
- KillEmAll Upload to VirusTotal now uploads the file if the VT uploader is present, or copies the file path to the clipboard for easy pasting into the VT website if not.
- Added BatteryInfoView report output to D7’s Info_Report.txt
- Fixed a bug when creating Junctions and moving directories that started Unstoppable Copier with settings it previously used on the system (e.g. with DataGrab)
- Fixed a bug in D7 config causing improper loading/saving of the “Display D7 version in the title bar” setting.
- Fixed a bug on the Custom Apps/Tools/Scripts configuration screen.
- Introducing direct data migration from an offline partition (or a windows.old dir) to a new Windows install with the DataMig tab.
- Incorporated ABR Beta into D7’s DataGrab/DataPut automation, at least until I can get native activation backup/restore working…
- Fixed DataPut not importing .REG files to the currently logged in user when running with SYSTEM access.
- Minor fixes to DataGrab and DataPut functionality.
- DataPut can now automatically insert a backed up Windows Product Key (Vista/7) into the fresh install.
- Made improvements to internal functions that take ownership / assign permissions on directories.
- Fixed an issue where D7 didn’t properly re-hide files on shutdown when obtaining SYSTEM access.
- Updated Sync D7 Configuration to include a custom KEA_Whitelist.txt
- Fixed an issue where D7 doesn’t properly grab Windows product keys on 64 bit systems.
- DataGrab now backs up Windows XP/Vista/7 activation files. (May require running D7/DataGrab with System Access… Restoration coming soon!)
- Finally! The Sync D7.INI feature is now Sync D7 Configuration Set – which syncs D7.INI, D7_DefaultApps.ini, ActionLanguage.INI, your custom applogo.bmp and applogo.ico, and INI/BMP/ICO files in your D7Branding directory.
- D7 now checks on startup if the PC has any services set to auto-start with Windows which are currently not running; when found, a “Check Services!” alert will appear in the Alerts column of the Info tab.
- DataGrab now actually has status bar updates during operation.
- Fixed an issue where Empty Recycle Bin stopped working on XP SP3 machines.
- DataGrab now backups up entire wireless connection profiles (not just passwords) so they can be automatically re-imported on the new OS by DataPut!!! (Vista/7 only and must be running from the current/live Windows OS for both export and import.)
- DataPut now creates new user accounts and logs in to each one automatically to properly create the user profile before data restoration.
- DataGrab now backs up Chrome Profiles.
- Delete Temporary Internet Files functions now include Firefox and Chrome cache!
- Fixed an issue with unnecessary skip/cancel prompts while DataPut is transferring XP data to a Vista/7 system.
- Fixed an issue where DataGrab doesn’t backup Firefox profiles to the right directory.
- Fixed Custom Apps labels on Maint2 tab not refreshing with their configured names.
- Fixed issue where D7 crashed while closing down before relaunching with SYSTEM access.
- When a registered copy of D7 sends an email, it now appends your custom application name in the “Sent by” tag instead of reading “Sent by D7”
- DataPut now automatically creates new users that don’t exist before restoring data. (Note user accounts must be logged in prior to data restore.)
- DataPut now warns you and will not restore data if all new user accounts have not been logged in.
- Added 5 Custom Apps slots to the Maint2 tab.
- Introducing the DataPut tab, to restore data backed up with DataGrab!
- DataPut restores email account settings and email files – no need to set up accounts or re-import mail on a fresh install! (Separate Mail option on DataGrab tab must NOT be checked for DataPut to re-import mail.)
- Fixed an issue with screen captures not saving the entire screen.
- DataGrab now backs up User’s Quicklaunch, custom User Account Pictures, and %systemroot%webWallpapers.
- DataGrab now creates .REG exports of each user’s Explorer/Desktop settings, screen saver settings, and recently typed paths.
- Added User Account and Shared Folder Backup/Restore functionality to DataGrab to go along with the Backup/Restore of Share/NTFS Permissions.
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY: DataGrab > Backup/Restore Permissions – uses subinacl.exe to backup and restore all share level and/or NTFS file system permissions from the shares and/or directories selected.
- Fixed an issue where the Phone Directory was only saving the first entry (multiple times.)
- Attempted to fix a rare unzip issue on x64 based OSes.
- Added an optional prompt for email subject modification in D7 emails. Enable in D7 Config > Email Config. This is a GLOBAL setting.
- D7 Auto Maintenance email on completion now utilizes client name in the email subject (if you have configured D7 to prompt for a client name on each new PC in Config > Reports.)
- Added a Phone Directory to the Help menu for storing frequently used phone numbers.
- Added the ActionLanguage.INI file to fresh downloads of D7 – although it was being created while updating D7, it was missing from a fresh download and as a result the Activity Log wasn’t being populated when enabled.
- Added disk space freed up to Activity Log after delete functions on Maintenance tab or D7 Auto completes the Maintenance routine.
- Attempt to fix an occasional update issue on x64 based systems.
- D7 is now signed “Foolish IT LLC” as the publisher, instead of my name.
- D7 Auto (Maintenance tab) Generate Reports feature now allows to generate Nirsoft reports automatically as well. Visit reports in D7 Config to enable.
- D7 now remembers which Nirsoft report options you check, for future usage and for D7 Auto (Maintenance tab) Nirsoft reports generation.
- Added WebBrowserPassView from Nirsoft.net to the Nirsoft reporting options.
- Added new config option for copying custom apps reports.
- Corrected missing config option.
- Added ability to copy/move reports from your custom apps after completion.
- Added ability to append the %date% to the dir structure when automatically saving reports locally – useful for those PCs you’re working on more than once 😉
- Added ability to store reports within the D7 directory either by %date%%name% or by %name% only (%name% is either %computername% or Client Name depending on how you have it configured.)
- Consolidated Info & Malware report windows with screen capture to make a nice reporting interface for all functions with email features.
- Generate Reports during D7 Auto now skips the reporting pop-up Window.
- Misc reports tweaking.
- Updated Malware Report window (click on “Reports” on the Malware tab) to display/email all malware logs collected by various apps, not just D7’s MalwareScan.
- Malware log files collected are now stored in your configured reports directory Malware Logs to quickly separate them from Info / Nirsoft reports.
- D7 now attempts to move the MBAM logs to its configured report dir after a scan.
- D7 now stores the HitmanPro report in the configured report dir.
- D7 now copies ComboFix.txt to its configured report dir (if one is found at the end of D7 Auto Malware)
- D7 will prompt you one time about the usage of SAS, reminding you it is not free and NOT portable any longer.
- Sync INI feature can now utilize a URL for the Master INI file (download only, D7.INI must be zipped.)
- Updated DataGrab to export ODBC settings and Outlook Profile settings to .REG files for all users.
- Updated DataGrab to export IE, Windows Mail, Outlook Express settings to .REG files for all users (previously only exported the current user.)
- Updated DataGrab w/Unstoppable Copier functionality to only backup newer files if they don’t already exist (and remain unchanged) in the target location.
- Added ability to store reports with client name (prompted with first D7 run on each new PC) instead of computer name.
- Added ability to store reports on the target OS partition (rather than, or in addition to) the D7 directory. (Registered feature)
- Added new functionality to log all activity performed by D7, with configurable language for the logging via the ActionLanguage.INI file. Useful to keep track of work performed for technician reference or for giving a report to the client. (Registered feature)
- Now you can add your own custom Internet Shortcuts to D7’s Internet Menu! Click Internet > Custom Links (or inside D7 Browser, just click Custom Links)
- Broke up Delete Temp Files (All) function on the Maintenance tab into 4 separate functions (Temp Files, Temp Internet Files, Cookies, and History.)
- Expanded Find Duplicate Files feature to search based on file name or MD5 hash.
- When clicking on Find Duplicate Files or Work With File from D7 menu, you are now prompted to actually browse for a file if one is not already found in the Windows clipboard.
- Added new Automatic Updates functionality. Now you can view ALL Windows settings for Automatic Updates (including Policy settings) in one window, make alterations, and even save your config as default which can be automatically written during D7 Auto on the Maintenance tab! Click the option in Post Maintenance or the Automatic Updates alert label on the Info tab.
- Added password masking for the Shutdown with Password Protect option and subsequent D7 startup to prevent prying eyes from seeing the password.
- The Windows Automatic Updates status on the Info tab in the alerts column now displays Enabled when enabled and fully automatic, Disabled when fully disabled, or Check (in blue) when enabled, but not fully automatic.
- New (experimental) feature: “Check for Orphan Dirs in Program Files” on Maintenance tab under Not Automated. Checks for directories in program files that don’t belong to entries in Windows Add/Remove Programs list and may be left over by an application that didn’t uninstall everything. NOTE: Directories in the results may also be due to legacy installers which do not write uninstall information to the Windows registry, so use CAUTION when deleting! Thanks to Larry Sabo on TN for the idea.
- Corrected D7 not saving/installing dEventMonitor rules.
- Added support for dEventMonitor on the My Apps tab.
- Corrected display of user profile paths and user account names with an & in them.
- Corrected display no paging file display saying >2GB and hopefully >2GB will now display for paging files that really are >2GB.
- Added -RunKetarin command line parameter for D7.EXE, when run it updates the default profile, and runs Ketarin updates for every Ketarin database that exists in your Ketarin directory (so yes, it updates your custom profiles too!)
- Fixed D7 not saving/loading as default some of the newer options on the Maintenance tab.
- Fixed: When an incorrect Time Zone was detected, D7 didn’t actually tell you what the incorrect setting was in the prompt to correct it.
- Added speedtest.net to Internet menu
- Added Generate Reports to the Maintenance tab, can now be used with D7 Auto.
- Misc stuff.
- Hopefully corrected issue with the right side of D7’s screen getting cut off at screen resolutions of 800×600 or less.
- Disabled ability to open the Sidebar on screen resolutions of 800×600 or less.
- Removed a lot of unused code.
- Reinstated the ability to Reboot to Safe Mode in Windows XP.
- Fixed WSUS Server UNDO option.
- Improved a few internal functions.
- Fixed D7 Browser crashsing on exit when the skin pack wasn’t downloaded.
- Fixed save to BMP on screen capture.
- Added the ability to time/date stamp a PC, useful for determining the last time the PC was serviced. Option can be configured to automatically stamp the PC in D7 Config > Behavior > General Behavior, or done manually via clicking on the Info tab label.
- Removed D7’s dependency on COMDLG32.OCX for working with the Windows Common Dialog for browse for file operations.
- Fixed yet another sidebar issue.
- Fixed D7 not properly creating System Restore Points on Win7 under certain circumstances.
- Expanded Purge System Restore function to remove all Vista/7 restore points.
- Fixed clear event logs function on Maintenance tab failing when backup directory does not exist.
- Changed behavior of Norton Removal Tool in Internet menu to download and run automatically.
- Added McAfee and Avast removal tools with same behavior as mentioned above.
- Also added a link to the big list of A/V removal tools from ESET
- Fixed splash screen covering up the shutdown prompt when you choose to close and delete D7.
- Fixed splash screen not disappearing when refreshing the Info tab manually under certain circumstances.
- Misc. minor stuff.
- In the last release D7.EXE got corrupted somehow. Fixed.
- Added a whitelist editor for KillEmAll to the D7/Main menu or when clicking on the KillEmAll label on the malware tab.
- Corrected more sidebar issues.
- Updated D7 to properly recognize Windows 8 and IE 10.
- Fixed a bug on first display of the Sidebar that actually doesn’t display item details.
- Added a check to determine if D7 crashed on the last startup attempt, if so it disables Sidebar Themes on the current PC only, and optionally prompts you to visit the Config where you can disable it permanently or disable other options under Startup Behavior.
- Misc minor stuff.
- Added command line parameter “-disablethemes” and setting in D7 Config > Behavior > Debugging to disable Windows Theme support in D7’s sidebar for troubleshooting purposes when D7 freezes or crashes during startup.
- Added ability for D7 to generate reports when running from write-locked media.
- Fixed issues with sidebar in FileHandler.exe and removed it from the D7 resource file.
- Added a lot of new debugging code to D7’s startup routines.
- Added more aggressive options to Repair Windows Update Services function on the Maint(2) tab.
- Fixed an issue with the Reporting form, commands were scrambled.
- Fixed new sidebar and config tab not displaying options when Windows Theme was set to ‘Classic’ style.
- Introducing a new sidebar intended as a more advanced system of displaying detailed information on various D7 functions. Currently not every tab is completed with full details for the sidebar, but I’m working on it!
- Added ability to disable startup checks for Device Manager and Event Logs during D7 startup for speed. Config > Startup Behavior.
- Fixed flicker on new sidebar in the D7 Config with skins enabled.
- Fixed the Save function in D7 Config (I had accidentally switched the Save and Cancel functions in the previous two versions. Thanks to Mauricio for pointing this out!)
- Disabled startup check for updates and downloading of custom apps when D7 doesn’t have write access to it’s own directory (which could cause D7 lockups in certain situations like on write-protected media.)
- Redesigned D7’s Config screen with new UI and display of DETAILS/Explanations on all config items when hovering the mouse over an item.
- Fixed Custom App 5 & 6 not reflecting changes / executing on the Malware tab.
- Fixed no top left corner icon showing up on certain forms with skins enabled.
- D7 is now a digitally signed application! The signature is for “John Shaw” my first/last name, as Foolish IT is not an official entity.
- Updated D7 to use the new HitmanPro 3.6
- Added test audio function on Maint(2) tab for those as lazy and unobservant as I am.
- Fixed splash screen for rectangular logos (a label was covering the logo partially.)
- Added D7 Launcher download link for registered users in the D7/Main menu.
- Added brute force function to kill all desktop.ini files during Reset Hidden Volume function.
- Changed splash screen and a few others to work with new skins and rectangular logos.
- Fixed Ticker Message not disabling for registered users.
- Introduced finer form sizing control for skins.
- D7 now has SKINS. Check the D7 menu for all options. (You may need to adjust and save the form height for certain skins in order for the status bar to be properly displayed.)
- D7 now has support for a rectangular logo (applogo.bmp, for registered users only.)
- D7 (free version) now has a few registration nag screens for certain functionality, and D7 Auto mode is disabled. Now is the time to register, folks!
- Fixed My Apps checkboxes not consistent with the configuration.
- Lots of under the hood work.
- D7 Auto will now function on write-locked flash drives! (Converted the way D7 stores it’s D7 Auto information from using the D7.INI file to temporarily storing this data in the registry.)
- Introduced a Screen Lock feature (D7 Menu / right click systray icon > Lock Screen) which locks out your screen from user input, shortcut keys, Start Menu, and Task Manager displaying a custom logo/web page of your choice for usage during D7 Auto runs where you may have to leave the system unattended. The custom logo/webpage and password protect options are only available to registered D7 users.
- Fixed a bug in testing custom scripts in the config screen.
- Fixed a bug with running .CMD scripts from the Scripts menu.
- Updated FixEXE.scr and Fix Shell/Run in D7 > Malware tab with new fixes for hijacked executable file associations.
- For dSupport v2 users, added “Set Client Information” to dSupport install options and a button on the My Apps tab.
- Added command line parameters -updateonly and -updatesilent which merely updates D7 (if available) and exits. Useful to add to Task Scheduler for keeping D7 updated daily.
- Added support for running .MSI files in the Custom Apps config.
- Simplified Screen Capture options by one click, and copied these options to the System Tray icon (right-click.)
- Added Screen Capture function to the D7 Menu, to capture an image of the entire screen or only the active window of any app on screen.
- Added ability to run Custom Apps/Tools outside of the 3rd Party Tools dir – must use environment variables to config (e.g. %windir%) see manual for details.
- Added Maint2 tab and moved functions not in D7 auto from the first Maintenance tab to that new tab.
- Added CrystalDiskInfo Portable to the native D7 3PT lineup (on the Maint2 tab)
- Corrected some restore point functions not reflecting the custom name setup in the config.
- Fixed DataGrab not displaying the Unstoppable Copier window visibly during backup.
- Added Test Webcam feature to Maintenance tab.
- Fixed issue with BrandOS not properly creating the OEM Start Menu link in Windows XP.
- Listview columns (like in the Event Viewer, Reg Search, MalwareScan, etc.) can now be sorted by clicking the column header.
- Added Custom Scripts menu option (for running up to 15 your batch/vbscript/registry scripts.)
- Replaced dSupport tab with “My Apps” which enables functionality for dSupport, dMaintenance, and Disk Health Monitor.
- Removed separate form for Custom Apps/Tools Menu config and placed in the standard D7 Config.
- When launching Custom Apps/Tools config by clicking on a custom label D7 will now start the config form with the appropriate App/Tool type and slot number selected.
- Custom Tools menu can now hold 12 custom tools.
- Added 2 more Custom Apps slots on the Malware tab.
- Misc. small stuff.
- Changed DataGrab custom folders backup to a checked listbox for easier picking of multiple custom folders in the root of the partition.
- Inserted a link to the D7 Network Control Panel in the Internet menu (the option was always there, just hidden, only opened via clicking on the IP address.)
- Added automatic restart of explorer.exe to refresh start menu if the defaults were loaded after malware disabled start menu items (only if not running D7 under the SYSTEM account.)
- Fixed NTFS Junctions on Tweaks tab not opening.
- DataGrab now asks you to download Unstoppable Copier if not found – I believe the last thing not added to the new automatic download feature.
- Fixed an issue where your configured Custom Tools would be wiped on D7 restart. (SORRY!)
- Fixed a very rare issue where Ketarin won’t recognize the selected profile when launched.
- Added the new automatic download abilities to apps on the Custom Tools menu!
- Misc. minor stuff.
- Added ability to update the D7 Default Apps Ketarin profile to the standard update check.
- Fixed MalwareScan not automatically downloading NTFSLinksView.exe when not found.
- Fixed D7 internal Office Key retrieval when multiple Office products are installed.
- Added D7 generated Windows/Office product keys to the “Get Product Keys” function on the offline tab. (again, left Nirsoft reports just in case.)
- DataGrab now includes D7 generated Windows/Office Product Keys when backing up an offline OS. (Nirsoft generated reports still included, just in case.)
- D7 Info Reports now include D7 generated Product Key retrieval for Windows and Office (currently I am also including the Nirsoft report as well.)
- D7 Info Reports are once again generated with a DataGrab copy (if backing up a live OS).
- Implemented a new method of checking available disk space that shouldn’t fail under certain circumstances, to improve the “xx MB Deleted” reporting after a DelTemps/D7 Auto Maintenance run.
- Made some adjustments to a first time D7 run regarding shell extensions.
- Made an improvement on automatic download/install of the VirusTotal Uploader.
- Corrected a recent issue where MBAM scan didn’t wait for install to finish and cancelled the scan.
- Added new functionality to “Reset Hidden Volume” which restores defaults to the Start Menu (e.g. when malware disables My Computer, for example.)
- Fixed issues with DataGrab not getting the Installed Apps list of a live or offline OS.
- Fixed a NEW unzip bug created in the 5.2.3 update.
- Redesigned dSupport tab and related functions.
- Cleaned up a lot of old/dead code.
- Corrected a few bugs with the new 5th Custom App and the save/load config links on each tab.
- Corrected an issue with D7 not recognizing an installed version of dSupport.
- Incorporated automatic download of your custom apps when not found! Visit the Custom Apps Config NOW!
- Added new features for Custom Apps: Wait for app to terminate is now optional (for D7 Auto), and Randomize file name before running app!
- Added a 5th Custom App slot for each tab.
- Removed HD Tune on Maintenance tab in favor of a 5th custom app; the d/l link for HD Tune morphs too frequently for me to keep up with.
- New method of executing 3rd Party Apps that does not require prior setup with Ketarin; now missing apps will be downloaded as needed!
- Implemented a completely re-written internal unzip routine.
- Implemented a zip routine, so D7 will now ZIP Nirsoft Reports before emailing!
- Automated Ketarin setup process.
- Added functionality to RegReplace (Replace Registry with Backups) on the Offline tab to function with original hives (XP) and with RegBack on Vista/7.
- Removed newer functionality in repairing networking services due to potential issues with some systems.
- Fixed a long standing issue in MalwareScan where it could not delete registry keys in HKLMSystemCCCEnumRoot
- Added more networking services repair to Reset Networking function.
- Fixed “cannot unzip” error actually resulting from a failed download when checking for D7 updates and attempting to update the default Ketarin profile!
- Fixed an additional “cannot unzip” error when 7z.exe is available to use after internal unzip routine fails.
- Added automatic REBOOT feature to Malware tab to be performed when D7 Auto completes.
- Added automatic EMAIL and CLOSE D7 features to Maintenance tab to perform these actions when the D7 Auto routine completes.
- Reorganized Maintenance tab functions so that all functions requiring manual input occur at the beginning of the D7 Auto routine, to make the above two additions actually useful!
- Fixed IFEO Modifier not installing dummy files properly.
- Added more conditions to SFC log file scanning in SFC Wrapper.
- KillEmAll now has a whitelist button.
- Added Send Test Email function to Email Config tab in D7 Config.
- Added Repair Windows Security Center Service to Repair tab and “Repair Lots of Stuff” function on the Malware tab. Added due to ZeroAccess rootkit deleting the registry keys for the service.
- Added Real-Time CPU Usage next to the RAM usage in the top banner; this will NOT function on certain systems therefore it will be invisible. I put this on a .5 second timer, along with the RAM usage statistics refresh.
- The RAM usage statistics refresh rate was lowered from .1 seconds refresh to .5 seconds; it now executes on the same timer as the CPU Usage refresh mentioned above. I’m may adjust this in the future after some observation…
- Fixed a bug in BrandOS > XP Config screen where you could not edit the OEMINFO.INI information.
- Fixed a bug where hovering your mouse over the Upgrade IE notice automatically launched the IE update site.
- Reset Networking Interfaces function now rewrites the AFD, IPSec, and part of the NetBT and Tcpip services keys.
- Added deletion of HKLMSoftwareFoolish IT registry key provided it is EMPTY and no other Foolish IT apps are installed/running on the system.
- Brand Operating system and Install Desktop Shortcut are now in the BrandOS.exe located in the Branding subdirectory
- Added debugging code to the unzip routine to assist users in bug reporting when the unzip operations fail.
- Misc small stuff.
- Added new features on Maintenance tab to delete all IE Toolbars and BHOs, same functionality with Search Scopes is on Tweaks tab under IE > Clean IE.
- Replaced Close & Delete D7 Directory button with Close with Options. Now you can choose to delete the D7 directory or leave it and password protect D7 from being executed.
- D7 is going modular. D7’s internal browser, MalwareScan v3, and Delete Temp Files functions are now their own separate EXEs. More to come…
- Incorporated NTFS Junctions functionality for hunting ZeroAccess/related malware inside MalwareScan.
- Code put in place for upgrading D7 modular files (not yet implemented).
- Corrected a bug when D7’s internal functions attempt to take ownership of files/reg keys when run under the SYSTEM account.
- Fixed Internet Time Sync (again!)
- Updated D7 to alert you if IE9 is not installed on Vista/7
- Updated “Put IE icon on Desktop” under Tweaks tab to work with Win7 and IE9.
- Due to popular demand, replaced HijackThis with OTL on the Malware tab and added to Ketarin default profile.
- Upgraded Ketarin/3PT Update form to remember last update times and run multiple Ketarin updates consecutively and automatically.
- Added Outlook (.PST/.OST) as a pre-defined option to Search Entire Partition function in DataGrab.
- Fixed a recently broken REPORTING button not finding / saving the reports properly due to an issue with my new date formatting function.
- Attempt to fix an issue where Internet Time Sync reverses the day and month for dd/mm/yyyy format regions.
- Attempt to fix an issue where a registered dSupport installation is not found by D7’s dSupport tab without having to use the browse button.
- Attempt to fix an issue where hitting ENTER when doing a web search from the Info tab does random, funky stuff.
- Added Re-Write MSIServer Reg Key to Repair tab > Windows Installer – this function fixes misc issues with Windows Installer Service.
- Added a User Accounts option (for examination/manipulation) under the User Control menu. (Functional, yet UNFINISHED)
- DataGrab now copies Outlook and Outlook Express data to backuplocuser – email folder instead of restoring the folder structure exactly as before, making imports easier on the new OS. This does not affect Windows Mail/Windows Live Mail as these can be copied to the new OS with the same folder structure without having to be “imported” by the email software.
- Added detection state (and click-to-toggle) of the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program (Windows 7) to the Info tab.
- Fixed a bug with encryption of your stored email password. You may be prompted to confirm your password is correct for re-encryption.
- Added option to format dates as DD/MM/YYYY (D7 Config > General) for reporting and backup functions.
- Minor tweaking to new D7 Update Check.
- Fixed Info tab > click on user brings up user accounts was failing on x64 based OSes.
- Info tab: Click on domain name brings up the network identification window.
- Misc alterations and minor additions.
- Info Reporting now prompts you for a custom email subject when emailing the reports.
- If several referenced MS FixIt’s aren’t found, D7 will attempt to download them automatically before running them.
- Added backup unzip method with 7zip if found, if internal unzip fails during various D7 operations.
- Info tab: Click on user brings up user accounts
- Info tab: Click on computer name brings up the network identification window.
- Info tab: Click on user path now properly brings up the path in Explorer. (bug fix)
- Redesigned D7 update process, merged standard/pre-release update checks; the D7 update window now displays Pre-Release D7 versions and gives you the option to download that or standard, all from one interface.
- Under the hood work: New download function/progress Window, and global unzip routines, code cleanup.
- Your email password is now stored with encryption.
- Removing Policies now restarts Explorer.exe afterwards, so some desktop policies take effect without logoff/restart.
- Removing Policies on a workstation joined to a domain now forces a group policy update afterwards (gpupdate /force)
- Added experimental hard drive SMART status checking. (Click on the HDD/Partition label on the Info tab to bring up the data.)
- Added DCOM enable/repair/permissions reset to the Repair WMI/WBEM function on the Repair tab.
- Added function on Repair tab (bottom right) to re-register all DLL and OCX files in %systemroot%system32, a last ditch effort at repairing misc. stuff.
- Added Desktop Icon Position backup/restore feature to DataGrab when the backup is run from the current system.
- Added 1 click option to convert a FAT32 volume to NTFS. Just click the RED “(FAT32)” label on the info tab when it appears!
- Added Take Control Shell Extension (Context Menu) to ALL file system objects in addition to just directories as it was previously.
- Added fix for missing Non-Plug and Play Drivers category in Device Manager after a malware removal. Fix is on the Repair tab > Misc., but also runs each time you launch Computer Management from the Windows menu, or do “Repair Lots of Stuff” on the Malware tab!
- Added options under Tweaks tab > Administrator to enable and disable the built-in Windows Administrator account.
- Changed Startup System Access behavior to never prompt or attempt system access in Safe Mode, as it won’t work anyway.
- Misc under the hood stuff.
- Replaced Password Removal Tricks on Offline tab with new D7 Locksmith functionality.
- Fixed Temp Profile detection bug which flagged the System profile as temp when running D7 with system access.
- Added option to open default NIC Gateway in web browser to the Internet Menu, above the Ping Google & DNS option.
- Added Link under Internet menu to work with your WSUS Offline UpdateInstaller.exe
- Fixed filehandler.exe not closing automatically after a right click – Take Control function.
- Added “<- Open in Browser” for the NIC’s Gateway in the NIC popup form.
- Fixed filehandler.exe not writing to the right path for the MalwareScan_Report.txt
- Added TEMP profile detection to Info tab. When a temporary profile is detected, you will see the profile path in RED, and a warning to the right in the alert colum; the tooltiptext will state there may be HDD/Registry corruption.
- Fixed an issue with Nirsoft’s ProduKey not reporting the right keys (if any) during D7 Reporting from a live system after you have previously used it to find product keys from an offline hive.
- Fixed D7 not unloading “Shell Extensions” during updating, which could cause some Explorer context menu items to be left behind.
Added option to create/replace the fixed OEM Start Menu link to OS Branding options.
- Added same option but for dSupport users. Requires an installed version of dSupport v1.3.1 or greater.
- OS Branding function on Windows XP now creates your oeminfo.ini automatically if you didn’t have one already.
- DataGrab now accepts the Unstoppable Copier EULA automatically.
- Misc stuff.
- Added custom dSupport configuration save and install to dSupport tab.
- Added xbootmgr functionality to xperf wrapper.
- Added Password Removal Tricks to Offline tab > Misc.
- Added Clear Print Queue to Repair tab > Misc.
- Del Temp Files function now also does Windows Update temps (%windir%SoftwareDistributionDownload)
- Added Unlock File, Delete on Reboot, and Upload to Virus Total to Shell Extensions and Work With File.
- Added Replace Task Manager with Process Explorer to D7 Config > General Behavior. When enabled this option takes effect while D7 is loaded only.
- Added Del $NTUninst Dirs function to Maintenance tab. This deletes all %windir%$NTUninstallxxxxx and $NTServicePackUninstall$ dirs. WARNING: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNINSTALL WINDOWS UPDATES AFTER THIS.
- Fixed Sysinternals EULA prompt during certain automated operations.
- Incorporated Sysinternals ListDLLs functionality into Shell Extensions, the Malware Scan interface, and added a full wrapper form on the Malware tab.
- Vastly reduced Repair Permissions time by combining command line parameters for subinacl (duh!)
- Improved internal take control function when dealing with registry keys.
- Added my “Out of place files” detection EXEs to IFEO Modifier’s drop down list (formerly just running processes.)
- Removed Malwarebytes StartupLite from Malware tab – useless in malware removal scenarios, and already on the Maintenance tab…
- Misc. internal function modifications.
- Decided to re-enable the old splash screen while D7 loads – just curious to see which functions are occupying the most startup time.
- Although D7 Info tab, first thing already lists the Windows installation date, I added the number of DAYS since the installation as well.
- Fixed Force Restart D7 function to actually restart D7…
- Added Nirsoft’s BatteryInfoView to the Maintenance tab. (Be sure to update 3rd Party Tools profile!)
- Added Maintenance tab option to quickly “Defrag Startup Items” as an alternative to a full defrag (Uses Sysinternals Contig.exe to defrag individual startup items found in the Startup folder and Run/RunOnce Registry Keys under HKLM/HKCU/HKU)
- New 3rd Party Apps – Be sure to update your D7_DefaultApps Profile before running Ketarin!
- Added Defrag Page File (XP) to Maintenance tab, utilizing Sysinternals Pagedfrg.exe
- Added Shell Extension options to Securely Delete and Defrag both files and dirs, utilizing Sysinternals utilities to do the dirty work.
- Added back Sysinternals RegDelNull as part of the Pre-Malware Scan (rarely useful, I haven’t seen malware use this in years, but who knows with today’s new threats.)
- Since no one seems to notice it, now when you get the 2x Anti-Virus alert, the A/V software D7 finds to the left of the alert will now be in RED along with the alert.
- Now, clicking the X to close D7 will prompt you as to HOW to close D7 (completely, as if using the Close button, or partially as the previous behavior exhibited.)
- Added Bootvis, Kernrate Viewer, and an Xperf.exe wrapper under Performance on the Maintenance tab.
- Added Powercfg.exe Wrapper to the Tweaks tab > Misc
- Misc. under the hood stuff.
- Added backup space requirement calculations to DataGrab!
- Added Get Product Keys to Offline tab.
- Added Revo Uninstaller and Open Hardware Monitor to maintenance tab.
- Fixed issue where DataGrab Free Space label displayed the source drive not the destination drive!
- Added NTFS Junctions function to the Malware tab, since this is where it will get the most use. (it still remains on the Tweaks tab also.)
- D7 can now prevent system sleep mode while running. (Actually the code was in place a long time ago, I just mistakenly thought it was broken and labeled it as such.) D7 > D7 Config > General Behavior > Prevent System Sleep Mode. This does require a restart of D7.
- D7 can now prevent the system screen saver from becoming active! D7 > D7 Config > General Behavior > Prevent Screen Saver. This also requires a restart of D7.
- Fixed IFEO Modifier on the Malware tab added last version was not firing – now it works.
Added new method to delete malware junctions “Destroy Junction” in NTFS Junctions function.
- Added IFEO Modifier to / and rearranged a few items in Malware tab to duplicate how I most frequently use it lately.
- D7 now works with NTFS Junctions via Tweaks tab > NTFS Junctions (requires NTFSLinksView from Nirsoft.net – please update your D7 Default Profile in 3rd Party Tools!)
- Added OpenDNS FamilyShield IPs and all three Norton DNS IPs to the Custom DNS Selection box on the NIC form.
- Implemented a BROWSE function for the dSupport executable, a workaround for D7 not recognizing an installation of dSupport.
- Re-coded Desktop Refresh function for speed and to (hopefully) fix a bug where D7 doesn’t start / isn’t visible on some systems.
- Several bug fixes related to D7 properly recognizing when updates are available under certain conditions; (though there are still bugs in this area yet to be discovered.)
- Some under the hood work.
- Sorry, nothing else this release. I couldn’t think of a new feature and haven’t had any requests lately. I do have some things on the back burner, but have been extremely busy with other things lately anyway.
- Vastly improved Take Control (ownership / permissions) function for file system objects.
- Vastly improved taking ownership/permissions on registry keys prior to deletion.
- Added SearchScopes registry location (IE search engines) to Malware Scan (no whitelisting/blacklisting available yet…)
- Added Create IFEO option to Malware Scan interface for problematic / reoccurring malware.
- Narrowed down the Malware Scan interface to fit better in safe mode / low screen resolution usage.
- Changed Repair Permissions routine from the old Dial-A-Fix secedit.exe method to a new method utilizing subinacl – takes far longer, but is far more thorough, fixing tons of issues occurring after some malware removals, such as Windows installer 2203, problems installing MSSE, etc.
- Misc Fixes and minor additions.
- Added Windows Installer 2203 fix on Repair tab.
- Delete Temp Files function now deletes Chrome temp files in addition to IE (no FF yet…)
- DataGrab now backs up Microsoft Works calendar.
- DataGrab now properly copies Mozilla based browser profiles on Vista/7
- DataGrab no longer accidentally copies Mozilla based browser temp files/cache.
- Added refresh desktop function after dropping a custom desktop shortcut.
- Added ACER to recognized motherboard websites (for netbooks) when clicking on the MB label on the Info tab.
- D7 should no longer attempt to load the “Public” registry hive on Win7.
- Fixed OpenRegPath in Malware Scan not opening the full path to a specific SERVICE in the registry.
- Fixed an extra checkbox showing up at the end of a Malware Scan > System32 Files search.
- SFC wrapper now tells you when it’s finished reading the SFC log.
- Find Moved Shortcuts option now added to the Offline tab.
- Other minor misc. fixes.
- Take Control (Take Ownership) Explorer context menu item (and in Work With File) no longer prompts you to run under a different user context.
- Take Control (Take Ownership) Explorer context menu item (and in Work With File) now prompts you to select a group or user to assign permissions to, which it does after taking ownership of the target object.
- Misc under the hood changes.
- Fixed issue with DataGrab bringing up D7 Reporting window after a backup, this should be done silently.
- Fixed issue with D7 not launching the newest MBAM setup if multiple downloads exist.
- With “Get Info” checked, DataGrab now gets the full D7 Info Report at end of backup routine on a local OS instead of several scattered reports; continues to grab just the product keys on an offline OS.
- Fixed issue: DataGrab was backing up Microsoft Office activation data to DATA instead of the appropriate path.
- Attempted fix: Find Dups may display in results some files it could not properly hash (e.g. registry hive files)
- Attempted fix: Install Custom Shortcut when configured to force IE may sometimes drop two desktop shortcuts, one with IE and one without.
- Fixed Malware Scan scanning certain Run keys twice on local systems.
- Fixed an issue with Malware Scan not stripping embedded nulls in some registry strings.
- Fixed issue with “Open Reg Path” in Malware Scan not opening keys in the HKEY_USERS branch.
- Search Registry, Work With File, and Find Dups will now use the external Filehandler.exe when present (which it always should be) for their operations instead of being internal to D7.exe (which means D7 won’t freeze and you’re free to continue using D7 for other things while these functions are being used.)
- Added new ability to find identical files by MD5 hash. Useful to find hidden or scattered duplicates of known rogue exes/dlls. The function is in the D7 menu > Find Duplicate Files, also available in MalwareScan as Find Dups and as a right click context menu item in Explorer, also named Find Dups.
- Included new KillEmAll v1.2.5 which now includes simple WHITELISTING functionality. Simply create “KEA_Whitelist.txt” in the D7 or KillEmAll directory, and inside place each executable name on a separate line.
- On the Submit Feedback form, now hitting ENTER will put a LF/CR in the text body instead of triggering the SEND button.
- Added to Tweaks tab > Toggle tweaks the ability to enable/disable the Indexing service (XP) and Windows Search service (Vista/7)
- Fixed recent issue with Close & Delete D7 Directory button not performing any actions.
- ALL D7 Reports being emailed now have the computer name and username in the email subject.
- Current MBAM installer is downloading via Ketarin with a different file name. Modified D7 to compensate for this.
- Added a 3 second delay to CheckDisk when rescanning a partition; it seemed occasionally when it fixed errors it wasn’t unlocking the drive before the new iteration of chkdsk started, causing it to fail with a drive locked error and wait for user input. Hopefully this will alleviate the issue.
- Added Search Registry feature to Explorer context menus and Work With File option. Quickly and easily search the registry for a file name!
- Added “Work With File” to D7 menu. It will automatically copy a file (text) from the clipboard to work with if exist. Useful if you need to quickly work with a file that you have copied the pathfilename text from a log or report window in a 3rd Party Tool.
- Changed location of automatic ERUNT backups to “SupportEruntBackups” – (the current save spot in “system32configEruntBackups” was being flagged/deleted by Combofix)
- Changed location of Event Log backups to “SupportEventLogBackups%Date%”
- Added option to force use of Internet Explorer instead of default browser, when installing your custom desktop shortcut.
- Added “Remove Content Advisor Password” to Internet Explorer section on Tweaks tab.
- D7 Reports being emailed now have the computer name and username in the email subject.
- Misc. under the hood work.
- Added functionality to write to NT Event Logs, backup Event Logs, and clear the Event Logs. Options are in D7’s internal event viewer (click D7 > D7 Event Viewer, or click the Event Log label on the Info tab.)
- Also added clear event log functionality to the Maintenance tab for D7 Auto.
- NOTE: New event logging functionality utilizes “FoolishEventLogMsgHelper.dll” installed in the WindowsSystem32 directory. Don’t be alarmed if you see it, yes it’s part of D7. The file should be removed during D7 shutdown, unless configured to stay. See my BLOG (blog.foolishit.com) for a statement on this file.
Fixed a recent issue preventing D7 from starting on Vista/7.
- Reset Hidden Volume now deletes the desktop.ini on the Desktop and in Start Menu > Programs > Startup
- Toggle Hidden Files / Extensions functions now takes place instantly, refreshing Explorer after the change is made!
- Fixed BlueScreenView not launching when run from Tweaks tab.
- Added a few “Completed” message box popups at the end of a few functions that otherwise didn’t notify you they did anything.
- Separated function to find start menu / desktop / quicklaunch shortcuts when moved by malware. Previously this was part of Reset Hidden Volume and even Delete Temp Files, but I realized ppl probably didn’t even know the feature existed…
- Fixed bug causing incorrect System Restore status to be reported on the Info tab.
- Added registry search button in Malware Scan for finding other entries of a particular file name.
- Added registry search function with wicked features! (Click the Search menu / hourglass icon)
- Enabled Help menu option to check for PRE-RELEASE versions of D7! (Note these versions may be more buggy, or more stable, than usual depending on code changes at the time!)
- Moved System Restore Point and ERUNT reg backup options from Config to Maint/Malware tabs where applicable.
- Now when running CCleaner from D7, it should no longer delete minidump files.
- Added ” -tdlfs -dcexact” commandline parameters to automate TDSSKiller a little.
- Fixed (Google) Search not functioning properly for those who have not selected a search engine in D7 Config.
- Fixed the ever elusive issue with Toggle Hidden Files functions not working as expected.
- Expanded D7 main interface to allow more room for future additions.
- Fully integrated DataGrab into a D7 tab, and discontinued stand-alone DataGrab project.
- DataGrab now backs up MS Office activation files/data.
- If MBAM is already installed, D7 now prompts you to update it before scanning instead of automatically updating regardless.
- Added ERUNT Reg Backup function to the Tools menu, due to popular demand.
- Added MS Fixit for Windows Update on the Repair tab.
- Clear Proxy Settings function now works with Firefox!
- Malware Scan status bar should now indicate when deleting files.
- Fixed issue where Malware Scan didn’t scan all users (and HKU.DEFAULT) Run keys, Shell values, and a few other items.
- Adding/cleaning up debugging code.
- New: Ability to configure a custom search engine! (visit D7 Config!) Choose from predefined engines Google English, Google SSL, Scroogle, Scroogle SSL, Dogpile, or enter/modify your own custom URL search string! (Currently does not apply to goog.exe / Explorer context menu searches, only within D7, and various search buttons may still display “Google” instead of the actual search engine you have configured.)
- Confirmed: Delete Temp Files lockups fixed. Hopefully for good.
- Under the hood work.
- Under the hood work including debugging code updates.
- Accidentally broke Delete Temps Files code in previous releases when adding in fail safe mechanisms… fixed.
- Separated “Toggle Hidden Files/Ext” function on the Tweaks tab, and in D7 Config for startup/shutdown behavior.
- Fixed Install dSupport button not finding dSupportSetup.exe in 3rd Party Tools.
- Major improvement in Delete Temp Files routine to attempt to prevent rare lockups on some systems.
- Added Offline System Restore for Vista/7 to the Offline tab per suggestion, thanks Simon!
- Added CBS log parsing to the WinVista/7 SFC Wrapper – useful to determine which files couldn’t be replaced after a dirty SFC scan. Thanks to Steve Evjen for the giving me the idea on the very day prior to my actually needing this functionality!
- Added dSupport config tab supporting new dSupport features for v1.2 (for users of dSupport only)
- Added option to copy info reports (from Info tab) to Support on the operating system partition, for future access to that information if needed.
- New D7 downloads now have the toggle hidden files on/off at startup/shutdown features DISABLED by default.
- Misc adjustments.
- Fixed broken Delete Temp Files routine (broken since 4.2.1 oops!)
- Improved D7’s ability to clear proxy settings on Windows XP. Sometimes it would not properly clear the settings in the past.
- Fixed an issue with “Get Installed Apps List” in DataGrab.
- RegReplace (WinXP) now reverts changes on a failure to copy the hives from System Volume Information.
- Improved D7’s ability to strip command line parameters from strings representing file names when retrieved from registry entries, in many cases allowing D7 to properly handle the file whereas it may not have been able to prior.
- D7’s startup check of the HKCRexefileshellopencommand key now immediately attempts to terminate any potentially rogue process found prior to showing you the form to optionally fix the reg value and delete the file.
- Fixed issue with scanning 32bit sections of the registry on 64bit systems! (This means “List Installed Apps” from the offline tab now works fully on the local OS, and 32bit entries are now detected by Malware Scan on 64bit systems!)
- Re-enabled function that disables the WOW 64bit FS Redirector during certain functions (function disabled since late 3.x.x)
- With the FS Redirector disabling code now working for 64bit OSes, enabled scanning of both System32 and SysWOW64 dirs in Malware Scan’s “System32 Files” scan.
- You now have the option to display D7’s running path in the title bar. (Enable in D7 Config, Behavior Tab, General Behavior)
- You can now right-click and copy lines of text in the D7 Info Report window.
- You can now add a Home Page to the internal browser.
- Fixed Minidump label showing “- 12:00:00” when no dumps are found, but the directory exists (dumps used to be there…)
- Added “List Installed Apps” to the Offline Tools tab and “Get Installed Apps List” to DataGrab – purpose: to retrieve a list of installed applications from the offline partition’s OS, useful prior to a Format/Reload of a system that you cannot boot into for standard D7 Reporting purposes.
- Added code to download/install the VirusTotal uploader on a system (and to 3rd Party Tools when it doesn’t exist.)
- Added option to install the VT Uploader if it doesn’t exist in 3rd Party Tools, when in Malware Scan and clicking on “Upload to VirusTotal”
- Hopefully fixed an issue preventing the Time Sync from possibly erroring out before it is able to show the sync form.
- Added code to hopefully prevent D7 from locking up during “Delete Temp Files” routine in some rare cases.
- Added more code to detect missing 3rd Party Tools, and prompt you to update the D7 Default Profile and then the tools via Ketarin.
- For the curious, when/if you select to Donate! or you view the Release Notes, or sometimes randomly (among other messages) displayed in the lower status bar, you are shown the actual number of donations to date, as well as a general number of confirmed D7 original downloads.
- Revised the HDD free space alert on the Info tab to report “Upgrade Hard Drive?” if partition has less than 10% free space, or “Upgrade Hard Drive!” (note the exclamation point) when it has less than 1GB free space available. Previously I had this at a fixed 20% which did not take into account today’s increasingly more common larger hard drives.
- Added OEStandardProperty as an ADS stream that is filtered when you check “Windows Mail” in the ADS filter section of Malware Scan. Previously I only filtered OECustomProperty.
- Added download link for Portable HDTune 2.55 when you click the button and the app isn’t found in 3rd Party ToolsPortable HDTune, since the link in Ketarin gets broken frequently by Softpedia… Note once you have the app, there isn’t a need to update it – this is the final free version available.
- Added new VirusTotal Uploader functionality to D7. Now, if you have D73rd Party ToolsVirusTotalUpload2.exe available, D7 will automatically use this utility to upload the selected file to VirusTotal.com. Else, the old method of copying the path/filename to the clipboard and opening the webpage still applies.
- Added new VirusTotal Uploader functionality, automatic signature checking, and D7 Internal Browser options to filehandler.exe
- Fixed issue of Adobe Flash control panel not being detected on some systems.
- Added more Nirsoft utilities for the Reporting button on the Internet tab, where you can now optionally get HTML reports on web browsing history, cookies, and search history, and optionally email all reports.
- Added Disable Auto Restart on BSOD and Enable Minidumps to Offline Tools tab.
- Added the new Adobe Flash control panel to the Internet menu.
- Some minor fixes/adjustments.
- Fixed Browse buttons on Junction Wrapper.
- Added new functionality to the Junction Wrapper, where it will offer to move files to the target for you if the source directory already exists.
- D7 now un-checks a checked item if you click the button to run it at any time. Useful to remember what you have run, also useful in D7 Auto when you want to skip ahead, and not re-run the same thing later.
- You can now define static paths in the Custom Tools menu.
- D7 now displays the last ticker/system message at the bottom, when you don’t check for updates.
- Misc minor adjustments.
- Added WhatIsHang from Nirsoft.net to the Tweaks > Crash Control tab.
- Added SpaceSniffer as a disk mapping tool to the maintenance tab. I felt it scanned a LOT faster than Treeview, and is portable.
- Added a wrapper for Sysinternals Junction.exe on the Tweaks > Misc tab.
- Tweaked the 3rd Party Tools setup process – turns out the command line 7-Zip works fine on all OSes.
- Added missing option to apply only static DNS settings on the NIC form.
- More hood work.
- Fixed Toggle Hidden Files on/off functionality issue on some systems.
- Added ability to auto close the time sync form on success.
- Some under the hood work.
- Changed the Update 3rd Party Tools function to use Ketarin. Included support for different Ketarin profiles.
- Updated the setup process for D7 3rd Party Tools with Ketarin.
- Added automatic file signature checking in Malware Scan when clicking on a file; sigcheck.exe must exist in the 3rd Party Tools dir.
- Added ability to configure custom apps to run from either 3rd Party Tools, OR a static location.
- Fixed a critical bug in D7 when working with files that are in a path with a . in the path name. Previously the . threw off D7, thinking that the directory was a file.
- Improved D7’s ability to strip parameters from file path strings when working with registry entries.
- Fixed issue where D7 appears to freeze while verifying signatures in Malware Scan.
- Added Toggle Hidden Files OFF feature to D7 on shutdown to complement the reverse on startup. Config in D7 Config > Startup Behavior.
- Added new features to Malware Scan, KillEmAll, and the Work with File Context Menu item, utilizing sigcheck.exe from Sysinternals! (sigcheck.exe must be in 3rd Party Tools dir; the Ketarin XML on the website has been updated to include this app!) Thanks Dronzer on Technibble for the great idea!
- Fixed bug where Toggle Hidden Files OFF on the Tweaks tab did not function as expected (it actually toggled hidden files ON). Thanks, Simon!
- Fixed Restart D7 Now option, to actually restart D7!
- Added Rename Only option to Malware Scan and KillEmAll
- Added OECustomProperty to be filtered from ADS results via checkbox in Malware Scan.
- Added SFC wrapper for Vista/7 enabling easy single file scans and/or scans on offline Windows partitions.
- Added detection of pirated Windows product keys according to this MSKB: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326904
- Updated the feedback form to give you the option to put your message in the default mail client instead of having to configure an SMTP server in D7 Config.
- Updated the NIC form adding profiling with static IP settings (whassat? If you didn’t know, get there by clicking the IP ADDRESS at the top of D7.)
- Fixed bug: After D7 crash during D7 Auto Malware, you are prompted to resume the D7 Auto routine. If you chose no, D7 did nothing, but also thought you were still in the malware routine. Fixed.
- Fixed missing Select All / Select None in Malware Scan.
- Misc. under the hood type stuff.
- Fixed a bug preventing KillEmAll v1.2.1 from executing outside of D7.
- Added ability to pull up Explorer style file properties inside of KillEmAll and Malware Scan, by clicking on the “File Attributes” label.
- Added some tooltip text here and there, added the finger cursor to a few more labels you can click on, other minor things, etc.
- Ability to overwrite HOSTS file with a Custom HOSTS file you can drop inside your 3rd Party Tools directory.
- Now when deleting live malware, you shouldn’t get the Windows prompt to “try again” or cancel (previously you had to click CANCEL in order for D7 to actually delete the file.)
- Fixed a bug preventing the toggle hidden files from working.
- Fixed a bug in the AutoLogon options form.
- Disabled by default startup shortcut checks for everyone, just once, to improve startup speed. If you liked it, you can re-add it later.”
- Corrected an issue some users may have experienced with D7 not starting under the local System account when requested, under Vista/7.
- Prevented D7 from prompting you to run something with system access when D7 is already running under the local system account and any child process will also be under the system account anyway.
- Misc Fixes.
- Added Force Logoff and Force Restart D7 to the Power/Reboot menu.
- Fixed issue with not copying path to clipboard before opening VirusTotal.com in Malware Scan v3
- Added code to unload D7 when force logging off a user account via a D7 action.
- Fixed an issue with Custom Apps not executing in D7 Auto Malware scans.
- Changed behavior of D7 Auto to wait on KillEmAll form to close before continuing.
- Added logoff option to D7 Auto / Malware tab when it comes to restarting Explorer.exe when under the system account.
- Added VirusTotal.com link to Malware Scan and KillEmAll interface. When clicked, the selected item is copied to the clipboard so you can paste it right inside the VirusTotal browse dialog.
- Attempt to smooth out issues with D7 Auto while reloading Explorer.exe and the RunOnce key (where D7 lives) firing, causing issues with D7 restarting a second copy of itself that assumes it had crashed.
- D7 now alerts you prior to resuming D7 Auto after a crash, giving you the option to cancel.
- Added KillEmAll to the start of the D7 Malware lineup. It makes sense, in some situations.
- Added option to kill explorer.exe during D7 Auto Malware
- Rearranged D7 Auto Malware routine so it made more sense as to how I was using it these days.
- Somehow in v4 I broke the Custom Tools config (not saving) – FIXED.
- NEW – Malware Scan now has Alternate Data Stream scans!
- NEW – Malware Scan file system scans are now 1000 times faster. The system32 files scan I used to warn took 5-20 minutes, now it’s more like 5-20 seconds.
- NEW – Choose D7’s default startup mode – Normal / Startup under Local System account / Prompt each time.
- NEW – You can now changes D7’s CPU priority on the fly without using Task Manager or Process Explorer.
- NEW – Choose D7’s default startup CPU priority – Normal / Above Normal / High
- FIXED – Malware Scan whitelisting and other ops did not get all selected files.
- D7 now alerts on Windows 7 without SP1 installed.
- KillEmAll now terminates processes slightly faster.
- Misc fixes and tweaks…
- Fixed Tools menu (broken in previous version)
- Added a few items to the Windows menu.
- Misc. minor fixes and under the hood adjustments.
- Added configuration form for UPHClean (for those who actually use it to troubleshoot) under Tweaks > Crash Control
- UPHClean button on Maintenance tab now also launches UPHClean Config above, but yes if in D7 Auto the form doesn’t launch, it still just installs UPHClean silently.
- Fixed issue where BootExecute value in Malware Scan was occasionally flagged as red for a non-default value when it actually wasn’t.
- UPHClean is restricted from install on Vista/7 as they already have it built-in.
- Added some options to the system tray icon.
- Default behavior when minimizing D7 is to the System Tray. Added ability to change this. D7 > D7 Config > Behavior > General Behavior > Minimize to System Tray.
- Custom Tools changes in D7 Config now applies without a D7 restart, as originally intended.
- Updated KillEmAll to stop blue screens on certain Windows 7 systems.
- Added UPHClean install to Maintenance tab (download and put UPHClean-Setup.msi in 3rd Party Tools dir).
- Added “Load Defaults” option for D7 Auto enabled tabs.
- Added Sync feature to synchronize different local copies of the D7.INI with a “Master” INI stored on your network.
- Added custom apps to main Offline tab, as previously done with Maintenance and Malware tabs.
- New Context Menu item “Work With File/Dir”, which mostly replaces the need for many other context menu items, which may later be removed.
- Fixed bug where context menu item for Unregsvr on a .DLL file actually registers it instead.
- Fixed Custom Desktop Shortcut creation when using a custom icon.
- Fixed D7 Feedback emails getting sent to your configured To email instead of ME.
- Added function to restore the context menu for the desktop (which may be removed by malware) as part of the Reset Hidden Files, Toggle Hidden Files (on), and Remove Policies functions.
- Seperated Repair Firewall from Reset Firewall functions on Maintenance tab.
- Added Repair Windows Firewall to “Repair Lots of Stuff” in Malware tab.
- Added ability for D7 to install a desktop shortcut to a custom URL (such as your support web page) with an optional custom icon, install can occur either on every D7 startup or as part of the Maintenance tab.
- Updated KillEmAll to add file information, google, IFEO, rename, and delete options.
- Uncertain as to why, I integrated KillEmAll code into a D7 function (in the D7 menu).
- Improved D7’s ability to terminate running executables; now it can terminate other file types (.com and .scr) in addition to .exe
- Added Open Path and Delete File functions to Misc2 section of Malware Scan v2
- Changed D7’s internal update function to allow me to distribute new files with D7 in future releases, such as updated FixEXE.scr and KillEmAll.scr files that should accompany D7.exe
- D7 now checks for moved (by malware) All Users’ Start Menu/Desktop and User’s Quicklaunch items in the temp dir before deleting temp files on the maintenance or malware tabs.
- Custom apps on Maintenance tab are moved out to the UI on the tab. Sorry, you will need to resave your D7 Auto config with these custom entries.
- Added ability to change behavior of “Install Support App” (formerly D/L Support App) button on malware tab. Can now be used to run a local installer (or other executable), for users of dSupport or those with other needs.
- Added “Install Support App” to the maintenance tab.
- Spiced up the Email Setup in D7 Config with information on why D7 would need an smtp account, added tool tips to config options, and a helpful hint.
- “Reset Hidden Volume” now also deletes the desktop.ini from the all users start menuprogramsstartup folder on Vista/7.
- Misc tweaks.
v3.8.3 Rev 2
- Added Qualys Browsercheck url to the Internet shortcuts menu with the other tests.
- Moved Custom Apps for Malware tab out with everything else and added custom names. Sorry, this may break your D7 Auto custom config a little for those apps, just adjust and resave your config!
- Replaced MBRCheck with aswMBR from Avast!
- Added HD Tune to maintenance tab.
- Updated D7 Ketarin XML file on the website to include ERUNT, aswMBR, and HD Tune.
- Moved Reset Hidden Volume on Malware tab to 1st in Pre-Removal status – the function takes so long it should be started and running during the rest of the malware removal…
- Added check to “Reset Hidden Volume” to look for All Users Start Menu/Desktop and User Quicklaunch items moved by malware to the user temp directory, with option to put them back!
- Added feature to do live registry backups with ERUNT before D7 Auto (malware tab) – option to enable is in D7 Config. Requires erunt.exe in 3rd Party Toolserunt
- Moved the presumably rarely used IFEO Modifier to the D7 menu to conserve real estate on Malware tab
- Hopefully fixed secedit.exe not running under some circumstances…
- Hopefully fixed Repair > Windows Update Svcs. where it may not have been stopping the BITS service before trying to repair it.
- Misc. small stuff, terminology, added refresh button to drive box in DataGrab, etc. etc.
- Added KillEmAll.scr to full D7 download.
- Fixed D7 Auto not waiting on Defraggler on Maintenance tab.
- Now clicking the Minidumps found on the Offline tab will open BlueScreenView for that offline minidump folder.
- I THINK I fixed FixIDE.
- Offline tab D7 Auto now deletes temp files first.
- Added feature to unhide desktop icons (the reg setting, not hidden files) to the Remove Policies and Reset Hidden Volume functions.
- Added feature to do the above on every D7 start, but it is bundled with the next new feature.
- Added feature to toggle hidden files to ON with every D7 startup. (Can be disabled in D7 Config).
- Fixed retrieval of External IP.
- Fixed random issue with D7 Stress test crashing D7 on start.
- Added some functions to Reset Networking Interfaces.
- Made adjustments to repair WMI/WBEM function.
- Removed D7 Auto warning as issue seems to be fixed.
- Some stability fixes.
- Merged all configuration for D7 under one menu (D7 > D7 Config)
- Fixed yet another “Cannot show non-modal form when modal form is displayed.” error.
- Made an attempt to fix an issue where D7 doesn’t start on some systems under some unknown circumstances. Yeah, that detailed…
- Fixed issue (hopefully) where Malware Scan wouldn’t fix a BootExecute/Userinit/UIHost value on an offline registry.
- Fixed issue where DataGrab was searching the partition for extra files when it didn’t need to be.
- Made code changes related to loading/unloading of offline registry hives.
- D7 should quit bugging you that it didn’t load offline registry hives IF it was actually successful at a previous prompt.
- DataGrab can now create UNC paths!!!
- (Hopefully) fixed issue with Pre-Malware Scan where it could potentially cause deletion of unintended registry keys which may be the cause of the registry corruption bug.
- Corrected issue where D7Malware Scan wasn’t properly deleting WinlogonNotify keys.
- D7 now shows a message on 3rd Party Tools setup with Ketarin if D7 doesn’t detect the 3rd Party Tools directory. For those in the general public who didn’t read about it on my website.
- Replaced “Save D7 Auto Config” in D7 menu with a “Save Config” for each individual tab (Maint/Malware/Offline)
- Added support running Defraggler automatically within D7 Auto, with optional command line parameters (see df /? for a list)
- Fixed – RebootMaster was not stopping the CPU stress test helper apps when stopping RebootMaster.
- Attempt to fix a bug where a restart of D7 Auto during the malware routine causes D7 to be stuck on the Info tab and unresponsive until D7 Auto completes.
- Attempt to fix the Repair WMI/WBEM function – services not stopping properly preventing the fixes from working.
- Misc small fixes and additions.
- Added config option to prevent system from going to sleep while D7 is open.
- Misc stuff not worth mentioning.
- Fixed RegReplace (Offline Tools) which is designed to replace a registry with one from System Restore (Windows XP only)
- Added WirelessKeyView to D7 Info Report if in 3rd Party Apps (also updated Ketarin XML on website to d/l WirelessKeyView)
- Disabled hidden desktop shortcut detection as it’s a little sensitive for some reason…
- Expanded D7 Info Report to include mapped drives and shared printers.
- Added option to create restore points BEFORE D7 Auto run (malware tab)
- Improved attempts to clear the string of the malware EXE in D7 Malware Alert form.
- Fixed broken check for hidden *.LNK files on the desktop.
- Added option to disable UAC in RebootMaster interface. (UAC prevents RebootMaster from functioning properly.)
- Fixed recent issue where D7 wasn’t adding itself back to the runonce key.
- Combofix on the Malware tab has an uninstall button again.
- Improved GetRealFilePath (an internal function designed to find the real file path when working on offline installations) to fix an issue where MalwareScan could not work with files on an offline installation.
- Misc. of course.
- New strategy to unload stubborn registry hives.
- Improved Replace a file on Reboot function.
- Creating a restore point at the end of D7 Auto is now configurable.
- Misc. of course.
- Added BlueScreenView from Nirsoft.net – launches when you click on a minidump on the Info Tab. D7’s Ketarin XML on my website has been updated to include it. (Thanks Neo_Phobic!)
- Misc fixes and adjustments.
- Added ability to custom define items appearing in the Tools menu. (D7 General Config > Custom Paths and Names > Config Custom Tools Menu)
- Added feature to open webpage to Microsoft Fixit downloads that D7 cannot find in 3rd Party Tools.
- Added Nirsoft’s MailPassView (mailpv.exe must be in 3rd Party Tools) output to D7 Info tab report. The D7_Ketarin.xml file on my website is also updated to download the app.)
- Hopefully fixed an issue where D7 would not start (without throwing an error) on some systems.
- Enabled ability for public to turn on Debug Logging.
- Added Replace File On Reboot (to the Reboot menu just under Delete File On Reboot).
- Added Group Policy Editor to Windows menu. Gave Defraggler a checkbox on maintenance tab.
- Fixed status bar not showing “Running CCleaner…” during D7 Auto on Maintenance tab.
- Fixed recently broken “Reset Hidden Volume”
- Added automated ProduKey (from Nirsoft.net) output to D7 Info Report, and to DataGrab; produkey.exe must be in the 3rd Party Tools directory! I’ve updated the Ketarin XML file available for download on my website to include ProduKey.
- Added ability to email D7 Info and Malware reports.
- Fixed MSCONFIG not starting on x64 systems.
- Fixed File Not Found and D7 crash on D7 > Run command when file didn’t exist.
- Improved attempts to clear the string of the malware EXE in D7 Malware Alert form.
- Added info tab (+ network info) export to text file. Click the report button lower right hand corner.
- D7 now deletes old MalwareScan_Report.txt file on every startup (you can turn this off in D7 Config)
- Added feature to report total MB deleted at the end of “Delete Temp Files…” and D7 Auto routines. Thanks for the idea, eHousecalls @ Technibble!
- Changed “Reset Hidden Volume” behavior to operate on the ENTIRE volume. ALL FILES AND DIRECTORIES will be unhidden.
- On D7 Malware Alert form, forgot to put the code behind the Open Path button, AND fixed issue from a version or two back where registry settings weren’t getting written properly.
- Few minor fixes not worth mentioning…
- Fixed user interface bug in Malware Scan causing some buttons that shouldn’t be visible to appear on top of the form.
- Fixed issue deleting KnownDLLs and SSODLs in Malware Scan
- Added to Malware Scan – inspection of taskman and utility manager registry keys.
- Added to Malware Scan – in the Run Keys inspection, added this terminal server run keys (SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionTerminal ServerInstallSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion)
- Added to Malware Scan – in StartMenuInternet inspection, added this key to check: SoftwareClassesApplicationsiexplore.exeshellopencommand
- Improved internal function to get the real file path of examined items in Malware Scan (used by File Attributes and Deletion functions.)
- Fixed potential D7 crash point on “Close and Delete D7 Dir”
- Fixed bug preventing SSODLs from being deleted in Malware Scan (previously D7 alerted user that no delete function was available…)
- Fixed a MAJOR bug with the latest DataGrab in the Search Partition function.
- Added feature to create system restore points (both manually in the Windows menu, and automatically after each local D7 Auto run for maintenance or malware removal. Restore Point name can be configured in D7 > D7 General Config. Thanks again, eHousecalls from Technibble for the great suggestion!)
- Added feature – D7 remembers if you have the menu bar toggled on. (eHousecalls on Technibble.)
- Added option to make D7’s delete behavior configurable (send to Recycle Bin is on by default.)
- Fixed issue where DataGrab, Find Files, and CheckDisk (Offline Tools) weren’t available if a valid partition wasn’t selected.
- Added ability to configure your own support application for “D/L Support App” on the malware tab. (D7 menu > D7 General Config)
- Fixed UI bug in OS Branding options on Windows XP (thanks eHousecalls.ca)
- Added crude ability to define and use custom applications in D7 Auto routines. (untested!)
- Added ability for others to configure a web location for D7 to download your custom 3rd Party Tools zip file.
- Added feature on suggestion to Sync Malware Scan defs at the start of a D7 Auto run, off by default. (option is in D7 menu > D7 General Config and your setting will be saved.)
- Fixed “Find New Files…” in Malware Scan not displaying file attributes.
- Fixed an issue where D7’s startup check of HKCR for malware wasn’t correcting the non-default registry entries when deleting the file.
- Fixed D7 crash point, Run-Time error ’53’ thanks YourWayC!
- Added two search directories for Malware Scan’s “Out of Place Files” search: (special thanks to JusD Pre$entz, www.reverbnation.comjusdpresentz) “%userprofileapplication datamicrosoft” and “%userprofile%local settingsapplication datamicrosoft”
- NEW: Since D7 has gone global, I added a configurable time zone string for the optional time zone check on startup.
- Added time zone check to maintenance tab – so you can still do it if you turn it off on startup (in D7 General Config)
- NEW: Incorporated a configuration menu for some D7 options and customization. (D7 menu > D7 General Config)
- Fixed Manufacturer option in OS Branding customization not saving to D7.INI for future use.
- Fixed status bar not resetting to “Idle…” in MalwareScan when Temp Dir scan is finished.
- Added FixAMD to Repair tab. (Disables IntelPPM Driver/Service, to fix issues with blue screens on AMD based systems – was previously only available in Offline Tools)
- Hopefully made D7 more stable on 64bit (trying to resolve issues where D7 goes unresponsive and Windows wants to close it down.)
- D7 no longer automatically overwrites non-default values on it’s startup check of HKCRxxxShellOpenCommand – UNTIL you hit the Delete File button.
- D7 doesn’t prompt you if it detects the “ScriptDefender” application in the afore mentioned registry keys. Thanks for the info: CloneRanger @ wilderssecurity.com!
- Removed PSEXEC from D7 causing it to be detected as a false positive by Sophos and possibly other A/V software. (This is a Sysinternals app; it shouldn’t have been there anyway, cannot redistribute, and should have been removed with the first public release. My bad!)
- Fixed Manufacturer field in D7 Branding options. (left a static company name in there, whoops!)
- Fixed D7 Browser where I accidentally had the right side of the form cut off, preventing the user from options/scroll bar. Oops!
- Added feature to toggle between using D7’s internal web browser or system default for google web searches. Setting is in the D7 menu, and is saved. Feature does not apply to Shell Extension Googles which always uses system default. Known bug is that sometimes D7 launches IE instead of system default – haven’t figured that one out yet.
- Added OS Branding option to D7 (Windows/Flag menu at the top > OS Branding). To setup, place your OEMLOGO.BMP (and OEMINFO.INI for WinXP) in Your_D7_DirectoryBranding
- Added *.com and *.scr files to Malware Scan’s file system searches. Don’t know what I was thinking when I left those out initially…
- Added screen savers (SCRFILE) to startup and Fix Shell/Run malware detection functions, to be checked along with other executable file types.
- Now backing up the HOSTS file (to HOSTS.RENAMED in the same dir) before overwriting with default or editing in notepad. The file only gets backed up once, not each time!
- Fixed – A missing “” in Google search string with EnumRoot entries in Malware Scan.
- Fixed – Google in Malware Scan where if D7 Browser window was already open, it would not google again for a new result until the browser window was closed.
- Added feature to save your existing D7 Auto Configurations.
- Added option to run Quick OR Full scans with Malwarebytes (just click the Malwarebytes label on the malware tab to toggle the feature.)
- Added /autorun switch to CCleaner when run from D7 Auto on the maintenance tab
- Changed terminology from “update” to the more appropriate and less confusing “sync” for the Malware Scan Definitions function.
- Thanks to Technibble readers for the excellent suggestions not all of which have made it into this release but hopefully will soon!
- Fixed non-movable window for Resetting Hidden Volume.
- Minor stuff…
- Upon suggestion, I added SuperAntiSpyware to the malware removal tab. This option is for the PORTABLE VERSION ONLY (place SAS_xxxx.COM in the 3rd Party Tools dir.)
- Removed the GMT -5 TimeZone check on startup in D7 for the public release until I can setup this as customizable.
- Misc Fixes.
- Added code related to the first public release of D7.
- Modified new feature from v3.3.4 (MalwareScan Definition update check, which was in fact annoying) to only occur if an update hasn’t occurred in a week or more.
- Fixed issue (I think!) where D7 doesn’t recheck to ensure all registry hives were unloaded.
- New – Malware check in the exefile section of HKCR on startup now prompts you to delete the associated malware file, if found.
- New – (and possibly annoying, let me know) D7 checks for the network Definitions Update path and if found, prompts you to update your MalwareScan definitions on startup.
- Fixed – When you cancelled the D7 Update check, D7 would not check for the 3rd Party Tools dir, also it may not have resumed D7 Auto after a crash.
- New in MalwareScan, I decided it needed to scan all temp directories for *.exe and *.dll to find anything that didn’t get deleted (you did delete temp files before you started a malware scan, right?)
- New registry location in MalwareScan (EnumRoot)
- If you cancel the Windows Activation Check on startup (WinVista/7) you now have the option to check it later by clicking the “Check Activation” label on the info tab/alerts.
- Fixed – D7 thinking some desktop shortcuts were hidden when they weren’t.
- Blacklisting options now available for more items in MalwareScan.
- Added Google Name Only to MalwareScan.
- Improved hidden files/volume detection for that pesky malware that hides stuff.
- Improved Windows policy restrictions removal.
- Hidden Volume Reset now has a progress bar! (it takes FOREVER so…)
- Fixed – MalwareScan Definitions Mgr. was broken.
- New – in MalwareScan and Find Files, FILE ICONS! (you will see)
- New – in MalwareScan files in RED are HIDDEN.
- Improved – MalwareScan Definitions Update no longer takes 2 years from a flash drive, defs are copied to %temp% to merge them.
- Improved – MalwareScan, previously you had to click an item in the list to get file properties; now you can use the keyboard to scroll the lists and still get the file properties.
- Items not viewed in MalwareScan nodes will remain BOLD until viewed.
- Fixed – Accidentally foobar’d certain MalwareScan nodes in last revision.
- Fixed – Scrolling a list with the keyboard in MalwareScan now activates the file attributes info to the right.
- Fixed – Clicking the message about a new D7 version in the status bar now skips the SECOND update check prior to download. Yea!
- Fixed – Hidden files detection in user profile was a little sensitive.
- Fixed a bug preventing you from updating MalwareScan Definitions in v3.2 where D7 thought you didn’t have write access when you actually did.
- (Hopefully) fixed detection of registry hives not unloading properly…
- Fixed a major bug when failing to delete a registry key D7 wasn’t properly setting permissions on the key before retrying deletion.
- Misc small fixes, tooltip corrections, etc.
- Device Manager Issues form got a little luvin with a Google button for the Device ID.
- D7 now checks for hidden *.lnk files on the desktop and alerts you via balloon tip or msgbox (D7 Auto) … so you can use the Reset Hidden Volume function.
- Added a check on D7 close to ensure all offline registry hives are unloaded.
- D7 now allows configuration for different WSUS servers with that feature.
- MalwareScan now has a RENAME function to rename questionable files (in file system scans) from .whatever to .RENAMED
- Fixed – Reset Hidden Volume was really slowing down / locking up PC
- Fixed – MalwareScan Definition Editor sometimes though you changed a def file when you didn’t, prompting you to save it.
- D7 Stress Utility now stresses (full) CPU and RAM simultaneously.
- D7 Stress Utility now stresses multiple cores/processors/hyperthreads
- D7 now detects the number of suspected processors/cores, but the number is doubled when hyperthreading is present 🙁
- RebootMaster now has the same stressing power as the Stress Utility when stressing between reboots.
- Google function in MalwareScan v2 now removes the drive letter and any user profile names in the search string (great when working on an offline registry.)
- Now you cannot click a new node in MalwareScan v2 until the previous node is completed scanning.
- Fixed a pretty big bug in determining the real file path of various registry entries referencing files. This affects working on offline registry hives with MalwareScan v2.
- Fixed Out of Memory errors in D7 Stress Utility.
- D7 Stress Utility primarily stressed RAM – added a CPU stress function to it.
- Made D7 Stress Utility, RebootMaster, and several other borderless forms movable instead of fixed center screen.
- Fixed “Toggle OEM Logon Background” in Tweaks.
- Fixed an issue where RebootMaster didn’t cancel the stress test when aborting routine.
- Fixed RebootMaster not displaying GUI on subsequent logins with stress test enabled.
- Added an optional timer to the D7 Stress Utility, letting you run the stress test for xx minutes and then quit.
- Added option to RebootMaster to stress (using functions from the utility described above) in between reboots.
- Giving Tweaks their own tab in anticipation of more to come, and needed the space on the Maintenance tab.
- Added a lot of quick tweaks!
- Improved MalwareScan Definitions Update so it doesn’t lock app as long, also now has two progress bars.
- NEW: Added D7 CPU / RAM Stress Utility (in the D7 menu)
- Decided the best way to handle the startup check for broken shortcuts would be to use a balloon tip. Implemented.
- Misc bug fixes and GUI enhancements/modifications on various forms, fixed a GUI bug in the MalwareScan Definitions Editor.
- A few various listboxes now have the ability to check multiple items and perform operations on all checked items (such as the Broken Shortcuts form, for example.)
- No longer checking Windows Activation and Time Zone when run under system access (usually these fail anyway as D7 is being run from a WinPE based OS.)
- Fixed issue where File Attributes information wasn’t displaying on certain registry values in MalwareScan.
- Fixed open file path on prompt if file doesn’t exist in various D7 functions involving opening a file path.
- Added prompting to delete file (or just registry entry) on MalwareScan > BHOs
- Fixed statusbar captions on Update MalwareScan Definitions form.
- Added Known Bugs to About/Release Notes window.
- Fixed an issue with not deleting certain files in MalwareScan when scanning an offline registry.
- Attempt to fix a rare D7 crash.
- Disabled startup check for broken shortcuts – it was annoying but also it conflicted with other code in v3.0.5 which could cause instability or crash on D7 launch.
- Added a progress bar to the Windows Dir (and subs) in MalwareScan and the Repair IE8 via RegSvr function – because they take so long ya just gotta have a better estimate on completion.
- Added function to repair Adobe Flash file and registry permissions to fix certain installation errors.
- Added quick function to remove the old SAV Uninstall Password prompt.
- Added quick function to disable Windows Defender when Microsoft Security Essentials doesn’t.
- Now there is one definition editor for all MalwareScan definition files.
- Updated Integrated DataRestore app (From DataGrab usage.)
- Added checking on D7 startup of HKxxexefile (cmd, bat, reg,) and .exe keys for the shell open command to a non-default state. D7 automatically fixes the value after alerting you of the hijacked value, and warns that the malware will likely reinfect the registry value until you find and stop it.
- Fixed an old bug with correcting the .exe registry value described above.
- Added whitelist filtering of WindowsSystem32 and System32Drivers dirs just like the Windows Dir scan added a few revisions back. (SLOW)
- Corrected an issue with the new whitelisting ability on the Windows Dir check in MalwareScan.
- A few cosmetic things…
- Sorry, nothing major to report.
- Don’t consider the Offline Tools tab as BETA any longer.
- Few bug fixes.
- New Windows Dir check in MalwareScan – shows all EXE, DLL, and DAT files not whitelisted.
- Added new registry key checking to MalwareScan (???SoftwareClientsStartMenuInternet???shellopencommand)
- Removed internet connection check from timer event that fired every few seconds, so it only fires once (on refresh info tab), as I suspect that on some systems it could cause D7 to be constantly unresponsive (although there may be a different issue going on with that.)
- Added optional cancel prompt on checking for D7 updates and checking Windows activation (in Vista/7, since it takes so long…)
- Fixed Restore Hidden Volume function (wasn’t getting subdirs/files)
- Added routine to reregister Malwarebytes DLLs/OCXs automatically prior to an update, to avoid occasional issues where Malwarebytes does not properly register it’s files during install, causing an automation error in a 3rd party VB OCX.
- Fixed D7 crash at start of D7 Auto when no existing malware report was found.
- Fixed issue where Google did not work during D7 Auto in the Malware Scan.
- I think I fixed several D7 crash points.
- Added File system type detection to Info tab (e.g. NTFS, FAT, etc.) and label goes red on non-NTFS volumes.
- Fixed Hosts file lookup in MalwareScan… for real this time.
- Fixed issue in DataGrab where it was erroring trying to extract DataRestore at the end of the copy routine.
- Fixed PreMalwareScan and MalwareScan not unchecking themselves during a local D7 Auto run.
- Fixed “D/L CPU Support” (it only created a shortcut, never downloaded.)
- Added code to check Windows Automatic Update status and alert to check it on info tab when it is not set to fully automatic.
- Added more repair code to the “Windows Update Svcs.” on the repair tab.
- Misc fixes, tooltip additions, minor stuff, etc.
- Added tools menu with a few items from Malware Removal tab that make more sense as their own category.
- Added option to automatically repair WMI/WBEM, Windows Update Services, and System Restore as part of automatic malware removal.
- Lots of fixes in the increments leading up to v2.9
- “Out of place files” in MalwareScan should no longer populate items in the root dir of your flash drive heh
- Improved file scan times when using “Find New Files” in MalwareScan
- Integrated new DataGrab v1.2 with improved file search and scan times.
- Incorporated most of AutoTBC functionality under “Offline Tools”
- Added “Reset Hidden Volume” (unchecked by default) to Malware removal tab – some newer malware likes to hide files on the volume and this is the fix.
- Enabled a workaround for certain D7 crash points on 64 bit systems. Unfortunately, some file finding functions will no longer work correctly on 64bit systems due to file system redirection for 32bit applications… : Still looking for a solution…
- Merged FileScan and RegScan into “Malware Scan” v2 including merge of Find New Files / Find Out of Place Files functionality.
- Improved RegScan v2
- Added Internet Connection State “Net: Connected/Disconnected” item to D7 Banner info.
- Misc Fixes
- RegScan no longer automatically fixes certain registry entries (e.g. Userinit value), in favor of SHOWING you first what the problem via the new interface, for the benefit of visually seeing malware file names.
- Improved RegScan v2
- Replaced RegScan v1 with the new and superior v2 – permanently.
- Incorporated an event log scan on startup/info tab – scans for and notifies if errors occurred in SYSTEM event log during last system startup.
- Incorporated a mini-event viewer with “google” and “show events since last system startup only” functionality.
- Incorporated v2 of RegScan (reviving the original D7 method) – use at your own risk until I replace v1 with v2.
- D7 no longer checks for updates after installing a fresh update!
- Added broken start menu shortcuts to the desktop broken shortcut detection routine.
- The above seems to crash D7 on my TBC, so I removed all automatic detection on D7 startup until I can track down the bug.
- Added in D7 FileScan ability to scan for new files in popular locations.
- Added function to unlock files (D7 menu > File Unlocker)
- Changed delete function to attempt to RECYCLE the file first.
- Vastly improved file delete function with better deletion attempts after taking ownership, assigning permissions, killing processes, and attempting to unlock a file first.
- Incorporated nice delete failure options to delete file on reboot, create an IFEO for an EXE, and Rename the object and create a dummy object.
- Fixed an issue where if D7 crashes during certain malware routine events, certain apps (e.g. TDSSKiller) would stay renamed and never be found by D7 again on subsequent relaunches.
- Fixed an issue where D7 FileScan would not set drive letter properly, possibly scanning the wrong drive.
- Added user “shell” value to D7 RegScan (previously only checked the system “shell” value)
- Added check in D7 FileScan to find EXE and DLL files in odd places (like in %userprofile%Application Data*.exe) and such, then report, with basic deletion on report functionality – more to come later.
- Misc fixes.
- Fixed bug preventing RegScan from running more than once each launch.
- Improved RegScan handling of registry key permissions.
- Added Delete All option for IEFOs.
- Finally implemented file info on RegScan Run key files.
- Misc. fixes, added statusbar output for each step in Reset WMI/WBEM repair function to see where it is hanging up sometimes… Determined issue is with stopping other related services, issue is resolved (hopefully).
- D7 Web Browser now has status bar, resolves name to IP, and pings on each navigation to a new web page.
- Fixed that annoying excessive beeping bug (yes that was a bug, not entirely intentional.)
- Added pointing finger mouse cursor when hovering over labels, the status bar, etc. where clickable items may not be easily recognized by the user as being clickable.
- Misc fixes, including color scheme (white appears black, obscuring text and buttons when in XP “Silver” visual style), and missing COMDLG32.OCX error.
- Added D7 Auto mode for maintenance tasks.
- Streamlined D7 update process, no longer batch driven.
- Fixed issue with XP Visual Styles on Shell Extension Config form.
- Added XP Visual Styles to application interface.
- Removed internal 3rd party applications from inside D7.EXE – now everything is external in order to A. reduce download size of D7 package and B. make the 3rd party applications easy to update.
- Added feature to download 3rd party applications as a zip file if they do not exist.
- Added detection of broken desktop shortcuts for all user profiles incl. “Unused Desktop Shortcuts” folder on desktop.
- Misc fixes
- Improved RegHunt file handling, corrected old bugs, added attempt to get file information on run entries.
- Fixed no launch condition after being run from AutoTBC.
- Updated DataGrab integration.
- Fixed “Get System Access” routine – broken when first integrated routine to restrict D7 from running multiple instances of itself.
- Integrated DataGrab and CheckDisk tools – Click the D7 icon (until I find a better spot for them to live.)
- Removed “You have system access” Prompt
- Fixed tooltips on Malware Removal tab.
- Misc Fixes.
- Fixed ages old bug in handling of File Scan definitions (%programfiles% – don’t ask.)
- Ability to (re)check items already done/skipped during D7 Auto routine, to have them executed again.
- Reordered layout of items on D7 Auto so they appear top to bottom, left to right in the order that they are executed.
- Reordered execution of D7 Auto to make more sense (e.g. clear proxy prior to removal to fix internet for when apps want to update.)
- Fixed issue with File Scan (wrong drive) and D7 main form loading by accident, when ran from AutoTBC_MRT.
- Improved Fix Shell/Run function to remove malware from HKCUSoftwareClasses.exe key.
- Compatible with new AutoTBC_MRT v3.9.6
- New Feature: D7 Auto – (A return to the old ways) – Runs recommended malware scans/apps in progression until complete; function designed to work across multiple reboots if 3rd party apps require it.
- D7 now doesn’t start itself more than once during certain events that trigger the RunOnce reg startup (the previous annoyance) or under any circumstance.
- Simplifying the recently integrated D7 Malware scanning functions (RegKill, RegHunt, FSHunt) and integrated with Automated Fixes.
- Integrated RegHunt code; old EXE is useless in D7/Tuneup.
- FSHunt (WinXP only) Purge System Restore feature should now work without SYSTEM access by taking ownership of System Volume Information
- Suggested tools on Malware tab in bold; change to non-bold when clicked. (Best I can do for your checklist right now…)
- Misc fixes on D7 startup routines and RegHunt/RegKill.
- Integrated RegKill code; old EXE is useless in D7/Tuneup.
- RegKill now properly deletes policy settings automatically.
- Integrated FSHunt code; old EXE is useless in D7/Tuneup.
- Fixed issue with Repair Permissions function on WinXP Home (Really this time!)
- Misc Shell Extension tweaks.
- Fixed issue with Repair Permissions function on WinXP Home
- Misc Shell Extension tweaks.
- Incorporated Shell Extensions into D7 executable
- Shell Extension “Take Ownership” (or “Take Control”, takes ownership and assigns full control to “Administratrors” group) loads in WinXP now and even works in XP Home!
- Improved Search Function
- Fixed (hopefully) main form sometimes resizing to cut off bottom buttons/statusbar.
- NEW SEARCH FUNCTION (New blue icon at top right.)
- Anti-virus software detection.
- (Hopefully) Improved IP address detection
- Automatic update check on each start.
- Misc Fixes.
- New Interface with icons!
- RebootMaster now in Reboot menu!
Revision notes prior to v1.7 are not available…
New app: Uncle Carey’s Windows 10 NetFix has been released! Uncle Carey’s Windows 10 NetFix was conceived by Carey Holzman and developed...