Enable Custom Button Action – Enables the button with the action specified in the radio boxes below.
- Open Windows Update – does exactly that.
- Open System Restore – again, does that.
- Clear Print Queue – this feature does that, essentially stopping the spooler service, deleting the spooler directories, and restarting the service.
- Reboot to Safe Mode w/Networking – does exactly that, after a confirmation prompt of course. Utilizes BootSafe.exe also available as a stand-alone download here on my website.
- Open a URL – does that. The internal browser option brings up a minimalist window with no navigation buttons.
- Run a Custom App – Runs any custom app pre-defined in the Custom Apps > Custom Apps for Custom Buttons section.
The custom buttons are labeled 0 through 5. If you use a custom button, the one before it in numerical order MUST be enabled. That means if you enable custom button 1, then custom button 0 must also be enabled. Likewise, if you enable custom button 5, then all custom buttons before it must also be enabled (yes, all 0 – 5). If you do not follow this rule, your custom buttons will not execute the right actions!
Join us for live tech chat, product questions, support, and technical training right here!
Customer or not, you are welcome to drop in and discuss anything ‘tech’ with us!