Automated Scheduled Maintenance
Enable Schedule – It is recommended to enable a schedule here as a weekly schedule. If you must alter the schedule for fine tuning this may be done AFTER the initial schedule is created by the installer, as specified here. NOTE: Time must be specified in 24 hour format and hh:mm:ss so 8am is 08:00:00 and 2:30pm is 14:30:00 – failure to leave off any leading or trailing zeros or the seconds digits entirely will result in a failed schedule creation!
Ensure Schedule is created … – This ensures that the maintenance schedule is created at every configuration update (which is also performed at every scheduled maintenance.) Leave this item disabled if you plan to manually fine tune a schedule after install. Enable if you plan to alter a schedule remotely (via Mgmt Console) after install.
Schedule a Maintenance Check and Reminder
When enabled, this option runs at every Windows startup briefly, only to check to see when the last time maintenance was performed. If the last maintenance date exceeds your threshold specified here, it will prompt the client to perform a manual maintenance. (Note even when enabled, this should never prompt a client if the automated maintenance schedule is performing as expected!)
Automatic Config Update
Here you may specify when to update your configuration from the server. Doing this regularly is essential to keep the client with the most updated config, and also to enable application restrictions or remotely uninstall the app when a client cancels their service with you.
- This is why a config update is ALWAYS performed during an automated maintenance run, which typically occurs weekly.
- However here you may specify two additional config update times:
- Update with every scheduled Heartbeat (when the Heartbeat schedule is enabled of course, this brings it up to a daily silent update.)
- Update with every application launch – This option will update the config every single time the application is launched, even manually, for any reason. This can add significant time to the application’s startup process however, especially when you are using high resolution logos in your Config directory.
Automatic App Update
- App update is performed automatically at the start of every automated maintenance run, which typically occurs weekly.
- However here you may specify two additional app update times:
- Update with every scheduled Heartbeat – (when the Heartbeat schedule is enabled, this means a daily silent update of the app.)
- Update with every application launch – This actually only fires every time the application is launched manually. It performs a quick update check which adds very little to the startup time of the application, and only prompts the user to update if one exists.