Amphetamine v3 contains some exciting new features especially for Windows 10 users (and it’s still FREE for both personal and commercial usage!)
- Both the Amphetamine portable and installer versions are now the same binary and both are capable of the same usage and configuration.
- Added option to manually check for updates to Amphetamine.
- Improvements to the Shutdown/Restart prevention:
- Added Group Policy setting to block Windows Update from initiating automatic reboots when users are logged in. Because this is not guaranteed to prevent automated restarts on non-enterprise editions of Windows in all circumstances, see the following addition.
- Added blocking of “MusNotification.exe” which prevents Windows 10 from initiating automated restarts due to Windows Update (this also prevents displaying Windows Update notifications, such as updates available or the need for restart after an update is installed.)
- Added blocking of “shutdown.exe” which many apps will use instead of API (laziness) that can also be used with a force flag which would override Amphetamine; now the file is blocked entirely from all usage.
- NOTE: these three improvements are static and do not rely on Amphetamine.exe to be actively running, however when Amphetamine is closed normally the modifications are removed. If Amphetamine.exe is terminated forcefully (e.g. from Task Manager), it will leave these blocks in place until it is restarted and closed normally, or run with the “/uninstall” command line argument.