Recent ‘d7 is no longer licensed’ message…
A small number of d7 users may be incorrectly flagged for not having a valid d7 license starting with v10.4.5 – v10.4.11
If you are affected, please accept my deepest apologies! I am aware of the issue and working to resolve it.
Affected users may not be able to update d7 in this event through its internal update mechanism – should a fix be reached (stay tuned)… If this is the case then the latest version of d7 can be downloaded from here: http://download.d7xtech.com/d7Update.zip and all you need to do is extract the d7.exe over the top of your existing one. The current release at that link may be untested. Also be certain that the PC is connected to the internet.
I will update this post as a permanent fix is reached.
UPDATE: Please try v10.4.8 from the link above. I have one report of this resolving the issue. UPDATE 1/13/14: Please try v10.4.11 from the link above. I have one report of this resolving the issue.
UPDATE 1/14/14: Please try v10.4.15 or above from the link above. I discovered there was an issue on some systems without having the Microsoft Scripting Runtime (scrrun.dll) file fully registered or registration was somehow corrupt; this was causing my code in the license check to fail (and would have caused other unintended consequences in other areas of d7 functionality!!!) I discovered that re-registering the file resolved the issue, e.g. regsvr32 %systemroot%system32scrrun.dll and also on 64bit systems %systemroot%syswow64regsvr32.exe %systemroot%syswow64scrrun.dll – this should fix not only the license issue but potentially other strange or unexpected issues you may have had with d7 on these systems as well. You may also manually execute the commands above in bold in an administrative command prompt to manually re-register the file(s) yourself and earlier versions of d7 should then pass the license check without error.
UPDATE 1/22/14: RESOLVED WITH WORK-AROUND: On some systems, registering scrrun.dll does not fix the issue with Microsoft Scripting Runtime. I must figure out a way to fix this issue as it WILL affect other areas of d7 (anytime a file must be read into an array line by line) which affects functionality like MalwareScan’s reading of whitelist/blacklists, to name one. Regardless I must get d7 working for you at least somewhat, so on these systems, v10.4.19 was just released which will grant a temporary reset in the license check timer, allowing d7 to continue to load normally. This will only happen provided your previous license check did not yield a bad product key, and this may be the case if you were previously affected by this bug. To resolve the issue, you MUST remove the line “LastBLC=” and all the stuff following the = sign from your d7Configd7.ini file, then restart d7, at which point it should load normally.
I want to thank all of those affected for your patience with me until this matter was resolved, and for helping me to resolve it with your assistance and testing, and please accept my sincerest apologies for the issue!