Here’s what’s new in the last few versions of D7 (currently at v4.7.4):
- Del Temp Files function now also does Windows Update temps (%windir%SoftwareDistributionDownload)
- Repair Permissions time is vastly reduced by combining command line parameters for subinacl (duh!)
- clicking the X to close D7 will prompt you as to HOW to close D7 (completely, as if using the Close button, or partially as the previous behavior exhibited.)
- D7 can now prevent system sleep mode while running. (Actually the code was in place a long time ago, I just mistakenly thought it was broken and labeled it as such.) D7 > D7 Config > General Behavior > Prevent System Sleep Mode. This does require a restart of D7.
- D7 can now prevent the system screen saver from becoming active! D7 > D7 Config > General Behavior > Prevent Screen Saver. This also requires a restart of D7.
- Added Replace Task Manager with Process Explorer to D7 Config > General Behavior. When enabled this option takes effect while D7 is loaded only.
- Added the number of DAYS since Windows was installed after the install date.
- Now when you get the 2x Anti-Virus alert, the A/V software D7 finds to the left of the alert will now be in RED along with the alert.
- Added Revo Uninstaller
- Added Open Hardware Monitor and Nirsoft’s BatteryInfoView to Hardware Checks
- Added Defrag Page File (XP), utilizing Sysinternals Pagedfrg.exe
- Added Performance section including Bootvis, Kernrate Viewer, and an Xperf (and xbootmgr) wrapper.
- Added Del $NTUninst Dirs function, which deletes all %windir%$NTUninstallxxxxx and $NTServicePackUninstall$ dirs. WARNING: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNINSTALL WINDOWS UPDATES AFTER THIS.
- Added “Defrag Startup Items” as an alternative to a full defrag (Uses Sysinternals Contig.exe to defrag individual startup items found in the Startup folder and Run/RunOnce Registry Keys under HKLM/HKCU/HKU)
- Added Clear Print Spooler.
- Added Powercfg.exe Wrapper
- Added back Sysinternals RegDelNull as part of the Pre-Malware Scan
- Added Password Removal Tricks to Offline tab > Misc. These tricks will help you remove passwords to gain access to a Windows (or Windows Server) PC. Yes these tricks work in a domain environment!
- Added Get Product Keys function to retrieve just the Windows/Office product keys from an offline installation.
- dSupport users can now save and install custom dSupport configurations from within D7!
- Added backup space requirement calculations to DataGrab! (Not completely accurate.)
Shell Extensions (right click context menu items):
- Added Unlock File, Delete on Reboot, and Upload to Virus Total to Shell Extensions and Work With File.
- Incorporated Sysinternals ListDLLs functionality
- Added options to Securely Delete and Defrag both files and dirs, utilizing Sysinternals utilities to do the dirty work.
And as always, there were tons of misc. tweaks, alterations, slight GUI changes, and bug fixes.