KillEmAll v2.x Announcement and Usage Instructions!
I discovered a new method of enabling you to launch the same program to have it behave differently, specifically holding down keys while starting the app. This has enabled me to bundle 3 new operational modes into the same KillEmAll.scr executable.
- Classic mode: Execute KillEmAll.scr normally.
- Debug mode: Hold CTRL down while executing KillEmAll.scr
- Asks you prior to terminating each individual process, useful for troubleshooting.
- Service mode: Hold SHIFT down while executing KillEmAll.scr
- Old KillEmAllPlus theory, but improved (using technology from my recently released app, ETS, so no more interactive services detection prompts on Vista-8.)
- Runs under the system account for more process killing power.
- Installs itself as a service which will continually restart if terminated by malware, until the job is done.
- Also included are new fixes for accidentally killing processes that trigger a Windows shutdown.
- KillEmAllPlus.scr is now obsolete for several reasons, and should be deleted from your collection.