D7 v8 Pre-Release version now available.
A new startup feature emerges, and a ton of under-the-hood work has been done hopefully making this upcoming version function more smoothly when dealing with the system account, among other things. Here are a list of changes:
- New method of starting apps under the system account when running under a standard account, affecting several functions (but not enough, more to come.)
- New method of starting apps (like Explorer) running as a standard account from the system account, affecting several functions.
- Fixed reporting directory format issues with MalwareScan and FileHandler.
- Improved user profile directory detection (should now be compatible with non-english Windows versions on live systems) which benefits a huge amount of core functionality.
- Holding SHIFT key while starting D7 now starts in ‘service mode’ which runs under the system account, runs KillEmAll (internal version) until completed, restarting it as needed if malware terminates it, and then launches D7 direct to the malware page.
To get the newest Pre-Release version, click on Updates & Sync > Check for D7 Updates and put a tick in the radio option to download the Pre-Release version. As always, keep in mind that Pre-Release versions are not always tested well and feedback is greatly appreciated on my forums if issues are encountered.
More new features to come. If you have a suggestion on a startup feature then let me know.