This was a pretty good update for both new capabilities and fixes.
- d7x will now run directly from write-protected media, rather than copying itself to the local OS drive. Obviously any desired settings changes will not be saved successfully, but everything should function as expected; please report any issues to support!
- Added new features “Run as TrustedInstaller” and “Run as Basic User (De-Elevate)” to the Run menu > Run Program dialog. Note: I’ve noticed regedit.exe doesn’t want to run as TrustedInstaller directly, but you can run cmd.exe and then launch regedit.exe from there.
- The Registry Search option in the Search menu has been migrated to d7x platform code, and now always runs under the local system account to bypass registry permissions for search and delete purposes; this does result in a noticeable delay when bringing up the search window.
- Merged tweaks to disable telemetry and disable customer experience improvement program, since duh, it’s all telemetry.
- Fixed a major bug keeping d7x from re-downloading custom apps as configured. This would result in outdated files being used, possibly breaking some custom apps if the local files were old enough (like ESET Smart Installer.)
- Previously, attempts to run programs under the local system account would fail if d7x was run from a flash drive, this issue has been resolved.
- Fixed d7x options to ‘Upload to VirusTotal’ and ‘Secure Delete’ not working when used from the Explorer right-click context menu.
- Fixed a minor issue when checking for configuration updates, d7x reported that a server and local config of the same file date/time meant that the server config was newer; this would occur even immediately after uploading the same config to the server. Yay, fixed!