CryptoPrevent v6 is no longer based solely on Windows software restriction policies, and now includes a real-time filter and definitions files/updates!
- New ‘Filter Module’ that can filter certain executables against hash based definitions, can also filter based on other criteria using a more complex rule set, and allow user the option to run the file anyway. Enabled for CPL, SCR, and PIF files by default – advanced options allow to enable for EXE/COM files also (experimental!)
- New Policy Editor for software restriction policies, create your own custom path rules (premium feature.) You can also view, search, and selectively delete blacklist policies in effect.
- User defined hash rules for MD5/SHA256 (meaning, you can create your own hash based definitions for the Filter Module.)
- Separated all main protection policies so they may be individually applied or removed.
- Added policy to disable Windows Sidebar/Gadgets due to security vulnerabilities.
- Daily updates are now for the new definitions, and a new weekly schedule will be created for application updates.
- New email options for bulk premium custom installers.
Did I also mention the price for Premium has reduced significantly recently?