Malware Search Tool changes:
- Added a basic description of how to use the File System and Registry Inspection tabs when you first start the tool.
- Added hover tips to the File System and Registry Inspection tabs’ listbox on the left to describe what the currently selected node is designed to scan.
- The floating Details window when shown (see the View drop down menu) will now stay on top of other windows. It will also now show the description for each node that is clicked on.
- Some right-click options are now hidden when they don’t make sense to be there (for example no ‘Examine File with d7x’ option is shown when a file is not discovered in a registry value, or when the target is a directory, etc.)
- Now the title bar shows when Malware Search Tool is running under the Local System account with TrustedInstaller privileges.
- In File System results, the “SmartScreen” Alternate Data Stream is now known to d7x (along with favicon, Zone.Identifier, etc. etc.) and therefore will no longer appear as RED/BOLD in the item results. (The RED/BOLD effect should be reserved to draw your attention to unknown ADS types only.)