d7x v21.5.25 Release Notes
- The ‘Windows‘ drop down menu is under redesign, putting many options under sub-menus so a number of new Windows 10-specific shortcuts could be added. Note many of the options were moved to the ‘Diagnostics‘ sub-menu.
- As Windows 10 Settings App becomes more useful, several of the d7x drop down menus have been updated to link to both the classic/Windows 7 based version and the Windows 10 based version where available.
- Several other items in the d7x drop down menus were added and/or updated. The link to the antivirus removal tool list from ESET under the Internet menu was previously broken now fixed, and the VirusTotal Uploader Installer functionality was removed since VT removed their tool.
- The RegEdit.exe shortcut in the d7x ‘Registry‘ drop down menu was updated to ‘RegEdit (As TrustedInstaller)‘ meaning the Registry Editor will always be running under the Local System account and have TrustedInstaller privileges.
- All registry shortcuts that you create under the ‘Registry‘ drop down menu will now launch like ‘RegEdit (As TrustedInstaller)‘, so that your saved shortcuts will now be easily accessible with TrustedInstaller privileges. As a result, there may (or may not) be a slight delay in opening a shortcut depending on if the TrustedInstaller service is already running.
- v22.214.171.124 Update – fixed Registry shortcuts not opening to the desired path with the last release after forcing RegEdit to open as TrustedInstaller. Also added prompt to run as standard user when opening a shortcut to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ because that branch will be populated with the Local System account if running as TrustedInstaller, NOT the currently logged in user as expected.
- Subsequent v21.5.25.x updates add additional items to the drop down menus.