Since adding the ability in 5.8.something to add your own custom internet links to the Internet menu, I’ve been brewing 5.9.x functionality which I’m proclaiming to be (mostly) the Reporting Improvements versions.
Reports are a long neglected part of D7, scattered about here and there, and I’m attempting to bring them all together, make them more accessible, and more useful. If you can think of other reporting features or improvements I’ve not yet made, please let me know!
And now, I present some of v5.9’s reporting improvements:
- New config section “Reports” with a few new options – check it out!
- Added new functionality to log all activity performed by D7, with configurable language for the logging via the ActionLanguage.INI file. Useful to keep track of work performed for technician reference or for giving a report to the client. (Registered feature)
- Added ability to store reports with client name (prompted with first D7 run on each new PC) instead of computer name.
- Added ability to automatically store reports on the target OS partition (rather than, or in addition to) the D7 directory. (Registered feature)
- Generate Reports during D7 Auto now skips the reporting pop-up Window.
- Malware log files collected are now stored in your configured reports directory Malware Logs to quickly separate them from Info / Nirsoft reports.
- Screen captures are now stored in your configured reports directory Screen Shots
- D7 now attempts to move the MBAM logs to its configured report dir after a scan.
- D7 now stores the HitmanPro report in the configured report dir.
- D7 now copies ComboFix.txt to its configured report dir (if one is found at the end of D7 Auto Malware or when opening the Reports Window)
- Consolidated Info & Malware report windows with screen capture to make a single reporting interface for all functions.
- Malware Reports will display every log that D7 collects not just its own MalwareScan log.
- Also you can view the Nirsoft HTML reports and preview the screen captures right inside D7
- Includes email features for any and all.
- D7 will prompt you one time about the usage of SAS, reminding you it is not free and NOT portable any longer.
- Sync INI feature can now utilize a URL for the Master INI file (download only, D7.INI must be zipped.)
- Updated DataGrab to export ODBC settings and Outlook Profile settings to .REG files for all users.
- Updated DataGrab to export IE, Windows Mail, Outlook Express settings to .REG files for all users (previously only exported the current user.)
- Updated DataGrab w/Unstoppable Copier functionality to only backup newer files if they don’t already exist (and remain unchanged) in the target location.