Will CryptoPrevent Protect Me Against Everything???
While we feel CryptoPrevent is one of the best antivirus supplements on the market, we don’t want to provide the illusion that it’s all you need to protect yourself. There are many other methods you must employ to protect yourself and your data from infections. Having several defenses provides the most protections against all of the threats out there, especially considering Murphy’s Law that anything can go wrong with one or more of them at anytime. So what can you do? We’ll give a summary in this blog but you can jump here to our FAQ that provides a little more detail on each option.
- Backups– This is one of the most important protections of your data you can have. With an adequate backup and restore system in place you will never be held at ransom for your data since you will have copies of it elsewhere you can refer to and restore.
- Antivirus-As we mentioned in the beginning of this post, CryptoPrevent is a supplement to antivirus. It will work along side of these proven technologies to provide protections via other non-interfering methods that will give additional layers of protection past what traditional antivirus provides.
- Network and System Level Firewalls– Allowing only what you expect to go in and out of your computer and network will add significant protection to your systems. This can be extremely challenging to implement correctly, but goes along way in protecting you from malicious items getting in or getting back out.
- Network Share Permissions– Limiting write access to network shares is extremely helpful, but at times can be a big trade off in the convenience vs. security balance. Especially in group shares this can be a large protection in case of malicious items getting past other defense layers.
- User Education and Safe Internet Practices– When it comes down to it you are your best defense against malicious attacks. Knowing what links and attachments to open or click on, understanding how phishing and malware are implemented and spread, and being aware of the actions you can take to protect yourself are all by far the best means of protecting yourself. This knowledge will not only prove why you need the other protections methods but will also be one of your best defense levels.
We know all of these extra items can be cumbersome and difficult to get started on or maintain even. We can provide you with this starter information to get going as well as having CryptoPrevent as one of our primary focuses to be an excellent layer of defense in your arsenal. We can also provide you with a list of qualified technicians and shops around the world to help you implement and provide recommendations on what the best items are to suit your needs via our Tech Directory. All the technicians and shops in this list are subscribers of our flagship product d7II and having this technology behind them we believe makes them among the top choices in the industry to repair or assist you in your computer needs.