To enable internal email and alert functionality, you must successfully set up an SMTP account here. It is recommended to set up a special email account only for use with this config, rather than using an existing production email account which is used for other purposes. Personally I use a Gmail account (on my Google Apps account) for the SMTP. Your SMTP password will be encrypted inside the INI file.
- SMTP Server – for Gmail/Google Apps accounts, use smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP Username – usually your full email address including the @domain bit (it is for Gmail/Google Apps accounts.)
- SMTP Port / SSL – Use 465 and SSL for Gmail/Google Apps accounts.
- Authenticate – check this for Gmail/Google Apps accounts.
Send Test Email – this will ONLY successfully send a test email if you have the admin email address field under Email Options and Defaults below filled out with a valid email address.
Email Options and Defaults
Here you specify Admin email settings, and Client email default settings. The Client email settings are specified as ‘default’ because they may also be configured/changed via the Config Lite screen, which can be shown after dSupportSuite’s installation file is run, or launched via start menu when enabled.
- Email Maintenance Reports – Emails a report after every maintenance routine is performed, manual or automated.
- Email Heartbeat Reports – Emails a report for every scheduled Heartbeat (which is typically scheduled once daily in the AM.)
- Email Event Log Alerts – When real-time event log monitoring is enabled, this setting ensures who gets the alerts.
- Email Custom App Emails – There is a function of the custom apps system that can generate custom emails based on the errorlevel returned by a custom app after execution (useful for example to receive alerts if viruses/malware were detected with a certain custom app.) This setting controls who gets those emails.
Join us for live tech chat, product questions, support, and technical training right here!
Customer or not, you are welcome to drop in and discuss anything ‘tech’ with us!
d7x Quick Tip – Automating the d7xRDT d7x Quick Tip – Automating the d7xRDT with d7x v19.6.18