d7x (and d7II) Software Agreement and License Terms
d7x (d7II) is a Subscription Service
- d7x (and d7II) software is licensed as a subscription service, with variable pricing based on the number of technicians using the product. The software subscription will automatically renew on a recurring billing cycle, to be determined by the chosen subscription term and the original pricing agreement for subscription term renewal; this means your original payment method will be charged on the anniversary date of the original purchase for the originally agreed upon rate.
- Note that you will be required to agree to the terms of this purchase prior to payment, not only here at the merchant (Foolish IT LLC) website (foolishit.com) but also at the secure pop-up from our payment processor during checkout, and that they have the right to charge your account on a recurring basis according to the specific terms that you agreed to for the product you are purchasing. Older subscriptions using Paypal will have also agreed to their terms on their website, where payment is processed on our behalf. Paypal includes their own terms which state that you agree that Paypal has the right to charge your account on a recurring basis according to the specific terms that you agreed to both here and at their site during checkout.
- Any subscription may be cancelled at any time without disruption in service for the remainder of your subscription term, however no refunds will be given for automatic renewals.
- If you do not agree to the automatic recurring billing of a subscription license, you may opt for our d7x (d7II) Annual (Manual License Renewal) option. Manual renewal licensing allows you to ‘opt in’ for a renewal at every recurring billing cycle, in order to keep your license active. The manual license renewal option does NOT ‘lock in’ the annual licensing rate, which is subject to the current pricing agreement and terms for manual license renewal at the time your renewal is due.
- Sales and promotional pricing for any subscription product will only apply to new customers in their first year of subscription service, unless otherwise specifically specified in the terms of the sale advertisement.
Scope of d7x (d7II) License
- d7x (d7II) subscriptions are licensed per technician, and an active subscription is required for both licensed usage and updates. Failure to maintain an active subscription will result in revocation of your license and usage rights.
- As an active subscription holder, you and/or your employees are free to use the software on as many computers as is necessary, apply your own company brand to the application where possible, and charge your clients a fee for it’s usage as you see fit.
- You may NOT distribute the software or disclose purchase details including any license or registration information to those outside of your employment, including contract companies or employees (even when presenting the original company’s ‘brand’ and logo to the customer. Anyone outside of your company’s direct employment must obtain a separate software license for usage in their own name.
- You may NOT redistribute the registered version of this application to any 3rd party torrent/download sites, etc., however you may host the application on your own web space for the sole purpose of providing it for you and your employees usage only.
- Any use of this software requires that the user agree to the terms and conditions as presented during the initial registration of the software, whether that user agreed to the terms or is acting on behalf of a user who agreed to the terms.
- These terms come with no warranties or guarantees of any kind, and the user of this software shall bear sole responsibility for any resulting damages in the use or misuse of this software.