Current Version: 1.0.2 (removed nag screens as app is now entirely free.)
Here is a nice little utility I wrote to backup and restore network profiles. Features include:
- Easy Backup/Restore of Wireless Network Connection Profiles (Vista/7/8 only)
- Easy Backup/Restore of IP and DNS settings (if either are STATIC and not assigned by DHCP)
- Program can be configured to automatically backup/restore settings with one click, by merely launching the app.
- If a backup for the current system is available it will be restored.
- When no existing backup is available, your profile backups will be generated.
- Fully portable app contained in a single EXE file, no install required!
The utility is convenient for end users, computer repair techs, and network admins to restore wireless connection settings and static IP/DNS configuration settings after format/reloading a PC, replacing a PC with a newer one, or even deploying wireless connection profiles and/or static DNS settings to multiple PCs.
- Wireless Connection Profile backup is dependent upon technologies that exist only in Windows 7/8, sorry no Windows XP support! Vista may export/import profiles successfully but may not actually import the wireless password – this is untested.
- Cannot be run from a UNC path.
- PERSONAL and COMMERCIAL use of this application is FREE
Join us for live tech chat, product questions, support, and technical training right here!
Customer or not, you are welcome to drop in and discuss anything ‘tech’ with us!
ATTN: Podnutz fans and those who know Eric Arduini If you’ve benefited from Podnutz in the past or you...