TFTP Timeout when attempting to boot to the network.
This can occur if you are running DNS on the same server as WDS. The resolution:
- Open Regedit and go to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WDSServer\Parameters
- Change the UdpPortPolicy value from 1 to 0
- Restart the WDS Services.
Cannot boot to network when using VirtualBox for testing purposes.
This will occur if you are using the default config for networking (set to NAT) you want to change your virtual machine network adapter configuration to BRIDGED.
Capture Wizard does not detect your WDS server when using VirtualBox for image capturing or testing deployment.
This will occur when you are not using an Intel adapter in the VirtualBox networking configuration of your VM. You want to choose Advanced, and change the adapter type from PCInet-Fast III to Intel Pro 1000 MT Desktop.
Alternately, you could download the appropriate driver and add it to your capture wizard, but this is just easier.
- Install WDS (Windows Deployment Services)
- Install Syslinux
- Troubleshooting Issues <- You are here!