The original KillEmAll has been replaced by three newer tools:
KillEmAll Mini is designed only to terminate all running programs except essential Windows processes, and you will find it comparable to the original version in terms of speed, simplicity, and feature set. This version is recommended for most users.
KillEmAll.NET is an open-source implementation of KillEmAll Mini, created and recommended for anyone needing open-source software, such as those with restrictive rules against using 3rd party products in their production environments. Unlike other KillEmAll editions, KillEmAll.NET requires the .NET Framework 4.0 to be installed.
KillEmAll (Full Version) is designed with the same concept in mind, but contains advanced features like uninstalling or blocking programs, deleting files and registry entries, etc. This version is recommended for advanced users and PC repair technicians.
Original Version (DEPRECATED)
NOTE: The original version has been left here for reference, but is NOT recommended for usage on Windows 10; it will terminate some important Windows 10 processes by default.
For usage with Windows 10 please get the new KillEmAll Mini, which you will find comparable to the original version in terms of speed, simplicity, and feature set.
KillEmAll terminates every (currently running) program on your computer except essential Windows processes.
Originally developed to neutralize running malware, the effectiveness isn’t what it used to be with the newer threats, but it serves quite well still for stopping some malicious processes, plus most running adware and spyware.
The best usage case for KillEmAll to most users, is to close all open web browser windows if you get a suspected malicious popup while visiting a website. The reason you don’t simply close or “X out” the popup is because malicious code can be run even if you click the X button — it is after all just another button, you might as well be clicking “OK“ or “Yes, please do what you want with my PC…“ but if you don’t click anything and KillEmAll does the work, forcing the application’s process to close without any additional code execution.
Other more mundane tasks include the advantage of quickly closing all applications before performing maintenance on your PC, general troubleshooting, or playing resource intensive games. (obviously, data used by the applications being closed, if not saved, will be lost!)
- Run by itself for normal operation.
- Hold the SHIFT key while executing to run in Service mode. (formerly KillEmAllPlus) This mode elevates KillEmAll to the local system account giving it more process terminating power, and also as a service it will continue to restart KillEmAll.scr (should it be terminated by malware) until you close the app manually.
- Hold the CTRL key while executing to run in Debug mode. This mode will ask you to terminate each process one by one, and is most useful for debug purposes.
Select a process and click the Whitelist button in the KillEmAll GUI.
– or – Simply create a plain text file named “KEA_Whitelist.txt” in a subdirectory called “Config”. Inside the file, put the executable name(s) you wish to whitelist, each on their own separate line. Include the file extension. Keep the whitelist small to avoid impacting execution time / effectiveness of KillEmAll. The idea of the whitelist is pretty much only to add your remote support software executable(s), so you don’t disconnect yourself from a remote support session by when running KEA.
Example whitelist of two items:
- my support app.exe
- Current – see KillEmAll (built on d7x technology) for the current release.
- Greatly increased startup speed of KillEmAll, so it can terminate more processes faster.
- Updated on 2-18-13
- Introducing KillEmAll Service mode: (hold SHIFT while executing)
- Simulates old behavior of KillEmAllPlus, but better without the interactive services detection prompts..
- See usage instructions above.
- Introducing KillEmAll Debug mode: (hold CTRL while executing)
- Introducing KillEmAll Service mode: (hold SHIFT while executing)
- Updated on 9-13-12 (included with D7 7.6.1 or better)
- KillEmAllPlus now runs as an unstoppable Windows service continually restarting itself if malware terminates it.
- Updated on 9-10-12 (included with D7 7.5.40 or better)
- Modified KillEmAllPlus to startup significantly faster making it far more effective.
- Updated on 1-2-12
- Added a Whitelist button to the GUI.
- Updated on 11-11-11
- Added KillEmAllPlus.scr to the package.
- Updated on 9-18-11 to v1.2.5 (included with D7 4.5.3 or better)
- Added the ability to use a user-defined whitelist of executable names.
- Updated on 7-25-11 (included with D7 4.1.2 or better)
- Added ability to verify file signatures with sigcheck.exe from Sysinternals, provided it is in the 3rd Party Tools dir, that is.
- Updated on 7-2-11 (included with D7 3.8.6 or better)
- Added D7 (Malware Scan v2) Out of Place Files scan to KillEmAll. KillEmAll makes extra atempts to terminate potentially running processes (hidden or otherwise) of the files found by the Out of Place Files scan routine.
- Added File attributes, Google, IFEO, Rename, and Delete options for selected files/processes.
- Updated on 7-14-11 (included with D7 4.0 or better)
- KillEmAll should now be slightly faster at terminating processes.
Not fully compatible with Windows 10; it will terminate some important Windows 10 processes by default. For use with Windows 10 we recommend using the new KillEmAll Mini.
Downloaded 12678 times.
This software completely FREE for personal and commercial use under the terms of this license.
- Software advertised as “free” on this website is intended as free for personal as well as commercial usage, unless otherwise specified on the product page itself (where it would typically involve some extended functionality labeled as a ‘premium’ feature, or possibly where commercial functionality or support is desired.)
- All free software on this website is distributed “as-is” with no warranty or guarantee of any kind; this includes product support as well as any compensation monetary or otherwise for any damages resulting from the use or misuse of this software.
- See the inserted EULA.txt or product Info.txt file within the product download for the full end user license agreement.
We’re glad you wish to make a donation to our team, and even more so that whatever we’ve done for you was worth it!
Thank you for supporting our team, from the entire crew at d7xTech, Inc!
($5 minimum - do not use a $ in the price field!)
Interested in Anti-Malware?
CryptoPrevent Anti-Malware is a robust anti-virus/anti-malware software supplement, filling a huge gap that exists with traditional security solutions to provide protection against a growing multitude of new and emerging ransomware and other malicious software threats.
Uncle Carey’s AMD Chipset Notifier – September Update With the latest AMD chipset driver software v3.09.01.140 released on...