Current Version: 1.2.1
NEWS: v1.2.1 no longer uses WMI, now uses all API for faster and more reliable operation.
ETS is a tiny app designed to launch any other app you desire under the NT Authority\Local System account and allow that app to be ‘interactive’ with the desktop. Once a trivial matter on Windows XP, this has been difficult to achieve on Windows Vista and above. This app is intended as a PSEXEC.EXE -i -s replacement since that app is not licensed for redistribution, and also because PSEXEC doesn’t have an optional GUI.
Why launch anything under the ‘system’ account? To bypass file system and registry permissions, of course!!
Compatibility: ETS is compatible with Windows XP-10!
Usage (Drag and Drop): Yep, just drag an executable and drop it on ETS.EXE.
Usage (GUI): Simply run ETS, browse for the executable you wish to launch, and optionally enter any command line parameters. (Note: If the app you are launching is in the ‘path’ environment variable, you don’t need to specify the full path.)
Usage (console/batch): Run ETS.EXE with the full application path as a parameter. If the path or filename contains spaces, wrap it within double quotes. Any subsequent parameters passed to ETS after the pathfilename will be passed in turn to the application it is launching. (Note: If the app you are launching is in the ‘path’ environment variable, you don’t need to specify the full path.) Ex. ets.exe “c:\my\directory\path with spaces\file name.exe” -parameter1 -parameter2
Command Line Parameters: “-w” will cause ETS to wait on the app to finish and terminate before returning control to the parent process. Ex. ets.exe -w regedit.exe
Limitations: 1. ETS cannot be executed from a UNC path or mapped network drive. It will inform you and abort if you try.
- ETS is FREE to use for personal and commercial purposes.
- Developers are free to use and distribute ETS with their applications, provided credit is given to d7xTech, Inc within the application help/about documentation and on the application website.
- Software advertised as “free” on this website is intended as free for personal as well as commercial usage, unless otherwise specified on the product page itself (where it would typically involve some extended functionality labeled as a ‘premium’ feature, or possibly where commercial functionality or support is desired.)
- All free software on this website is distributed “as-is” with no warranty or guarantee of any kind; this includes product support as well as any compensation monetary or otherwise for any damages resulting from the use or misuse of this software.
- See the inserted EULA.txt or product Info.txt file within the product download for the full end user license agreement.
We’re glad you wish to make a donation to our team, and even more so that whatever we’ve done for you was worth it!
Thank you for supporting our team, from the entire crew at d7xTech, Inc!
($5 minimum - do not use a $ in the price field!)
Downloaded 2857 times
Join us for live tech chat, product questions, support, and technical training right here!
Customer or not, you are welcome to drop in and discuss anything ‘tech’ with us!
d7x Quick Tip – Automating the d7xRDT d7x Quick Tip – Automating the d7xRDT with d7x v19.6.18