CryptoPrevent Email Settings Tab
Email Settings tab:
- This tab is used to enable email notifications of alerts.
- Alerts will be emailed using the provided credentials and options. (Settings entered here are only available to the local system, this information is not transmitted or used by Foolish IT in any way)
- Settings are predefined for Google’s Gmail service or you may specify your own SMTP settings.
- Please note that Google will block external SMTP access unless you enable the “use less secure apps” option in your Gmail account settings.
- This restriction applies to any software that uses Google’s SMTP access and is not specific to CryptoPrevent. For example, Microsoft Outlook is affected by this as well.
- Additional information: https://www.d7xtech.com/cryptoprevent-malware-prevention/email-setup-faq/