CryptoPrevent Bulk Creator Filter Module Tab
Filter Module tab:
- Filter Module
- can either selectively block certain executable file types or indiscriminately block them.
- The top three check boxes for the the .cpl, .scr, and .pif file types will check each files against our malware definitions and block them if a match is found.
- The lower three check boxes may be selected to always prevent the execution of the respective file types.
- Program filtering for .exe and .com executables is always based upon definitions because preventing them always would prevent most, if not all, software from operating.
- The notification prompt settings on the right side only pertain to the .cpl, .scr, and .pif file types.
- We recommend the default value of Message Box Alert for the notification prompt.
- View the client documentation for more information on these protections
- The default selections (shown in the picture above) are the recommended “set and forget” options that should not cause issues with any legitimate applications
- these are the same protections as selecting the Default Protection plan in the CryptoPrevent client