FastTrack builds are new releases which contain new experimental features, or fixes to issues with existing release code, which may not be properly tested on all platforms. For all intents and purposes, “FastTrack” should be synonymous with “BETA” in this case.
As Foolish IT has grown as a company, and our products have grown in popularity all over the world, it was necessary to adopt a more strict release process to ensure updates are stable and working as intended. For that reason, updates don’t come as quickly as many early Foolish IT customers of d7 will remember, and the FastTrack builds are the answer to that.
FastTrack builds were introduced to allow users in any situation a preview of new features, but also to give IT Professionals a working copy of new code to test on their own and provide us with feedback on usage and features. In some rare cases, a critical fix may be pushed out as a fast response for an issue experienced by IT Professionals, without full testing on all platforms. Unless specifically instructed to do so in a support case, IT Professionals are NEVER recommended to use a FastTrack build in a mission critical or production environment.
- The update settings in the app will allow you to switch to, or revert from FastTrack builds.
- Your setting change persists across updates until it is reverted to the original value.
- ‘Release’ code will never update to a FastTrack release unless preconfigured via this setting.
- FastTrack builds will always receive the latest code updates whether it is FastTrack or official ‘Release’ code.
- FastTrack builds will always archive the previously used Release build in the application folder on your machine upon update, which can be manually restored if necessary.
Join us for live tech chat, product questions, support, and technical training right here!
Customer or not, you are welcome to drop in and discuss anything ‘tech’ with us!