Fab’s AutoBackup has long been a simple integration with d7x, in order that d7x can quickly download your licensed copy of Fab’s AutoBackup Pro with one click.
Simple Drop-In Support (no-download)
If you don’t care about automatically downloading Fab’s, then you can manually add any copy of Fab’s AutoBackup (from v4 Tech edition to version v7 Pro) within its own folder to anywhere inside the d7x\3rd Party Tools folder.
When clicking the button to run Fab’s AutoBackup from inside d7x, it will always search the .\3rd Party Tools folder and subdirectories for “autobackup4tech.exe” or “autobackup?pro.exe” or “autobackup?protrial.exe” (where ? is a wildcard matching any character, which is expected to be the major version number) and will launch the newest file found.
Configure Fab’s AutoBackup Pro Integration
Visit the d7x Config > Apps/Functions tab > Integrated Apps tab to configure one of three automatic download options for Fab’s AutoBackup Pro integration (pictured below.)
Google Drive Integration
- This first option takes precedence over all other options (if others are configured.)
- This will download your ZIPPED Fab’s AutoBackup folder from Google Drive. To prepare, manually zip the folder with your preconfigured (and licensed) copy of Fabs AutoBackup Pro inside.
- IMPORTANT: You MUST upload your Fab’s ZIP file to Google Drive through the “Upload Fab’s” button on this page, otherwise d7x will not have access to download it (d7x can only access files on your Google Drive that were uploaded by d7x itself!) See the Google Drive Integration page for more info. Once initially uploaded by d7x, you may replace the file with a new “version” (in Google Drive terminology) without disrupting d7x access to the file (provided you did NOT delete the existing d7x-uploaded file from Google Drive first, instead you must upload a new “version” of the file!) In this way you can manually keep your ZIP updated as necessary outside of d7x.
- Simply click the “Upload Fab’s” button and d7x will also fill in the filename field for you after successful upload. If manually filling out for some reason, ensure that the FILENAME ONLY appears in this field (the path is configured elsewhere, see below.)
- The path on your Google Drive where the Fab’s zip file will be stored is configured on the d7x Config > Apps/Functions tab > Google Drive Integration tab.
Self-Hosted FTP Server
- This second option is used if Google Drive is not configured or fails to download.
- This will download your ZIPPED Fab’s AutoBackup folder from a self-hosted FTP server. To prepare, manually zip the folder with your preconfigured (e.g. licensed) copy of Fabs AutoBackup inside.
- Configure the “FTP Path/File” field with the full path to the file on your FTP server relative to the user’s home directory (e.g. /Apps/FabsAutoBackup.zip)
- Use the “Upload Fab’s” button to upload to the configured FTP path, creating any directories as necessary.
Download from Fab’s Website
- This final option is used last because it is the slowest method of download (this is a fault with Fab’s download server), but unlike the first two methods this one always ensures you have the latest version of Fab’s AutoBackup for your usage.
- Configure your Fab’s Order Number and Customer Email Address here, and d7x will automatically apply your license to the generic download for Fab’s AutoBackup.
- At the time of this writing, Fab’s AutoBackup v7 Pro is the latest version, and as such the configuration option in d7x is specifically for v7 Pro. It is expected that if/when a v8 Pro is ever released, Fab’s will require a new v8 order number for that purchase, and they will also replace the generic Fab’s download for v7 with v8. Once that occurs, it will break this functionality, until a field for a v8 Pro order number is added to d7x. We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Use Fab’s AutoBackup Pro from d7x
Simply visit the d7x Data Backup tab > Fab’s AutoBackup tab and click the giant Fab’s button to automatically download from any of these sources configured.
Don’t own Fab’s AutoBackup Pro?
If you do not own Fab’s AutoBackup Pro already, or you own an older version than current, then click the lower right button to copy a coupon code to the clipboard, and then open the Fab’s purchase page. By using the button (to open an affiliate linked URL) through d7x, we do receive a small commission on the sale.