Feature: Upload d7 reports & attach to PC Repair Tracker work orders.
Requirements: d7 v9.6 or higher, PCRT v1.37 Final or higher.
- In the PCRT installation on your server, upload the d7 directory from the PCRT update package, preferably in a location that is not web accessible for security reasons. The d7 Folder in the PCRT package contains a .htaccess file that should block any web access to the folder, but it is better to not place it in a web accessible folder anyway.
- Create an FTP account on your PCRT server, with a home directory pointing to that d7 directory within your PCRT installation, and of course it must have full read/write access to that directory (and absolutely zero access to any other directory on the server, for security reasons.)
- Add these two lines to the repair/deps.php file in your PCRT installation:
- #d7 Integration – Report Upload Folder
- $d7_report_upload_directory = “../d7/“;
- The above report directory variable (in bold) must be changed to point to the uploaded d7 directory from step one. This can be an absolute path on your server, or a relative path (meaning relative to the /repair directory.) Make sure to set the permissions to 777 on this folder in order to allow PCRT to be able to delete and move the reports.
d7 Setup: From d7 Config:
- Reports section:
- Select the checkbox “Prompt for Client Name…”
- dCloud / FTP Server section:
- Enter your PCRT server address in the FTP server field.
- Enter your FTP login credentials to the PCRT server in the appropriate fields.
- In the Reports Directory field, enter a single forward slash /
- Check “Zip Reports Before Upload”
That’s it, save config and restart d7.
- Also on the dCloud / FTP Server config page, you will see a field for Config Directory. Yes, you can store your d7 configs with the FTP directory structure on your PCRT server. There is NO special feature or integration between PCRT and your d7 configuration storage, it’s just there. This field can be populated with anything you want, but should not be the same as your Reports Directory field. Whatever directory you specify here will be automatically created by d7 if it does not exist.
- The first option I mentioned, Prompt for Client Name… will cause d7 to prompt you for a client name and ticket/asset number when d7 loads for the first time on a new system
- (d7 determines if it is a new system by looking for a different %computername% than the last time it was launched, that name is stored in the d7.ini file.)
- To change this at any time, click the # / Name display on d7’s System Info page, and enter in the new details. See pic:
- You have two options to actually move the reports to PCRT. They are as follows
Once everything is configured properly, if you upload a report from d7 you will get an alert in PCRT stating that “d7 Reports are ready.” Clicking on that alert allows you to attach the uploaded reports to your work orders.
d7x and Tweaky – Set Time Zone issue with Windows 11 (UPDATED Aug 9th 2022) UPDATE: this issue has been resolved in d7x v22.8.9 and...